• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Officialy Announced

BeardGawd

Banned
While your at it stop giving Era power like they have some hold over the videogame industry!
So true. Era is a very biased view of the industry due to the moderation and is not an accurate reflection of the millions (billions?) of gamers out there.

Velcro Fly

They would really have to put out a bad game for me to not buy this at some point.

I am undeterred that one of the devs said questionable shit. I am undeterred that I don't agree with JK Rowling on everything.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
PLEASE FOCUS THE DISCUSSION ON THE GAME

You can create a topic here if you like but again let this thread be about the game, not the people.

Tom Hanks Thank You GIF

Umbasaborne

Banned
This may be a dumb question, but with the controversy surrounding this game, do we need to worry about wb cancelling it? Im hoping that the potential sales will out weigh bad pr in some circles. Ive been waiting for this game for so long, im gonna be so angry if this gets cancelled for this.

This may be a dumb question, but with the controversy surrounding this game, do we need to worry about wb cancelling it? Im hoping that the potential sales will out weigh bad pr in some circles. Ive been waiting for this game for so long, im gonna be so angry if this gets cancelled for this.

Only if the game was hot mess like Cyberpunk.
It's rpg in the world of one of biggest IPs in the world and people have waited for it for years. And WB better than anyone else knows what kind of money you can get from licensed products in it.

Also it must have costed dozens if not 100+ millions in development cost already.

No way they throw it away. Will probably have very safe marketing instead.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Only if the game was hot mess like Cyberpunk.
It's rpg in the world of one of biggest IPs in the world and people have waited for it for years. And WB better than anyone else knows what kind of money you can get from licensed products in it.

Also it must have costed dozens if not 100+ millions in development cost already.

No way they throw it away. Will probably have very safe marketing instead.

i hope your right. I know vocal minority and all that, but the people calling for it to be outright cancelled online are so loud that im getting nervous that wb might listen to them.

if that did happen i would help to kickstart an open world generic magical school game in a second. This project has been my dream game for years, im desperate for it, even if it has to be a kick started knock off

Xyphie

Companies are only woke about issues that are very safe financially and socially like gay rights in Western countries and such. No large company will ever be radical about anything that ends up costing them anything (see how everyone cucks to China to retain access to that market as an example).

The designer guy might be let go but there's like a zero percent chance WB stops working with JK Rowling on new Harry Potter movies and games. Harry Potter is simply too profitable.

I doubt it'll get cancelled.

Harry Potter license has a ton of fans despite the loudness of the woke crowd.

Top Bottom