• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Officialy Announced

thelastword

Banned
Looks great, many of the leakers were on point....There was a leaker in particular, who called Howarts, Demon Souls and many others... I think he called GTA and FF too...Some announcements are still pending...

GreyHorace

Not really a Harry Potter fan. Never read the books and only watched the movies for Emma Watson. :messenger_tongue:

But the game looks good. Still not sure if I'll get it but I hope it becomes a success just so it triggers these trans activist lunatics who think they can dictate what people should think or say about the issues of today. Screw them.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This game looks really good and I love how they aren't setting it in the Voldemort era. Avalance being behind it makes me confident it's going to kick ass.

Ozzie666

Politics in gaming, no place for it. Whats happening on the other forum is exactly what they fight so hard against, they are removing free thought and open discussions. A discussion or debate has more then one opinion, sometimes not the same one either. It's either conform or be banned. It's a joke and they should be ashamed of themselves. The behavior is basically what the Chinese government does, can't see the forest through the trees, it's oppression. Anyhow enough on that.

The game looks good, better than expected, especially if your a potter fan. I hope it does okay for the developers. Other than the license, who knows how involved JK was with this. I would guess, not much.

9bZbvwD.gif

Hinedorf

Banned
Console sold, if they make some Harry Potter edition PS5 it will be mine!

EDIT....... on PC? Passing on Console! ALL HAIL MASTER RACE

Last edited:

Strategize

I watched the Eurogamer stream and they started saying fuck JK when this was shown...🙄

Game looks alright.
Even if the game ended up every Harry Potter fans dream game with zero microtransactions, it's still getting 5/10 from alot of sites simply because of JK.

Politics in gaming, no place for it. Whats happening on the other forum is exactly what they fight so hard against, they are removing free thought and open discussions. A discussion or debate has more then one opinion, sometimes not the same one either. It's either conform or be banned. It's a joke and they should be ashamed of themselves. The behavior is basically what the Chinese government does, can't see the forest through the trees, it's oppression. Anyhow enough on that.

The game looks good, better than expected, especially if your a potter fan. I hope it does okay for the developers. Other than the license, who knows how involved JK was with this. I would guess, not much.

Yeah it’s pretty sad the state of affairs over there. You can’t even say that there shouldn’t be political discussion there and stick to the games. The mods claim it’s “dismissive”. All I want to do is discuss the game with other fans and the thread becomes Why J.K. Rowling is Toxic Trash.

This looks like it’s shaping up to be the best Potter game ever. It’s crazy how there hasn’t been a truly worthwhile game for the franchise yet. My wife was shocked this is the first time they’re really trying and is now hyped for it. I think no matter what this is going to be big, I just hope it’s quality so the publishers don’t get the wrong idea about what kind of experience that will sell.

supernova8

Banned

Lol what a bunch of pretentious dickheads.

Zero surprise that REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is up in arms because JK Rowling is going to get that sweet Harry Potter royalty money.

JSoup

Banned
It looks good. But I didn't really get what kind of game it's going to be. Is it more solo, GaaS, MMO?

Looks like action adventure type deal. There is a world to explore, but you need to do classes/levels to get the abilities to explore more of the world.

I've been actually re reading and rewatching the books and movies these past weeks, so I'm pretty hyped for this as I used to love Harry Potter games up until Goblet of Fire, I'm gonna play through Phoenix and Prince soon since I hard they're the last two decent HP games. Really looking forward to this!

Nico_D

I just hope magic is "press triangle to turn the enemy into frog, X for avada kedavra". I want it to be feel like casting magic instead of pressing buttons.

GreyHorace

I watched the Eurogamer stream and they started saying fuck JK when this was shown...🙄

Game looks alright.

Even if the game ended up every Harry Potter fans dream game with zero microtransactions, it's still getting 5/10 from alot of sites simply because of JK.

What's the point of gaming news sites if they can't put aside their goddamn politics and do their damn jobs?

I suspect that's why Ghost of Tsushima only got 8/10 scores because them 'game journalists' didn't want it to outshine their sacred woke title The Last of Us 2.

Paasei

About time we get to see a (hopefully) really cool game with this setting. The #1 announcement of the show for me, hands down. Completely unexpected.
So much potential, please don't be bad.

Meanwhile I'm having a blast reading through the thread on Era about this game.

Last edited:

GymWolf

During the announcement i was jerking off with one hand and punishing myself with the other because of rowling allegations about trans, it was a rollercoster of emotions.

Graphically it didn't looked mindblowing but i always dreamed a game like this one, the ps2 games were pretty mediocre.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Fucking hell, had another peep over at Reeee, them cunts really have got the pitchforks out for this game lol god i hope its a fucking 10/10, best thing ever, sure as hell looks it from the trailer

Starfield

Man this game leaked like centuries ago. Me and some friends where so hyped. Then E3 came, then again, thought it was just a scrapped game but I'm glad now it is finally revealed.

Also it looks incredible.

A fully explorable Hogwarts has already existed (order of the Phoenix video game) and it was a really good game but this? Hogwarts with all its surroundings? I can't wait

cormack12

Gold Member
Some scenes looked really off but the spells and gameplay looked pretty solid. Not sure if its an artstyle choice, but looked a bit 'mobiley' in parts. Scenes like this

Y0vKWF.jpg

5RwLFi.jpg

But then the flying scenes, diagon alley and fighting the beast in the forest all look good. It's confusing.

OneBigPuss

During the announcement i was jerking off with one hand and punishing myself with the other because of rowling allegations about trans, it was a rollercoster of emotions.

Graphically it didn't looked mindblowing but i always dreamed a game like this one, the ps2 games were pretty mediocre.
You are sick...can i join?Era is like people that live on the other side of my fence.Full of pathology.

Last edited:

Desaccorde

Yeah, so I have read different ideas on different platforms but people reeeaaaaaaly overestimate the amount of people who gives a flying fuck about what Rowling things. The world is not spinning around US only.

I cannot care less and don't give a sh*t to be honest. Has always been Harry Potter fan so basically grew up with that and this will be a day 1 purchase for me if the game really is great.

OneBigPuss

Yeah, so I have read different ideas on different platforms but people reeeaaaaaaly overestimate the amount of people who gives a flying fuck about what Rowling things. The world is not spinning around US only.

I cannot care less and don't give a sh*t to be honest. Has always been Harry Potter fan so basically grew up with that and this will be a day 1 purchase for me if the game really is great.
All i had in my mind when the trailer started was "fucking finally!" not "fuck Rowling!".Like cmon.The mentality of some people.

xGreir

So.... you know, I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter franchise. I'm deeply in love with its World, its magic, and I've always been, waiting for a game like this for too many years now...

And now, when such a beautiful game is announced, the one I was waiting for about half of my life.... I see the forums and media filled with slurs, attacks to the creator, disscusions about boicots, and diminishing the game..... You know, I feel like crying over all this rotten shit sometimes, because this game means so much to me that is painful to see.

Yeah, I'm not what u could call "cis", and I don't even care, I don't care about JK speechs, I don't care about politics, and I don't care if she created the franchise. I love her for that.

Can we just stop? If Re, or any other media, are so rotten and despictable to say such things, let's not contribute to it, let them isolate. I don't want this game to be transformed in some stupid playroom for idiots who think they are helping someone.

Thank u ;;

Last edited:
Top Bottom