• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

Mossybrew

The only thing on my journey to 100% that I looked up a guide for were the two Depulso challenge rooms, because screw that. They were about a hundred times more complex than any other puzzles in the game.

I know rite. I managed the first one but I took one look in the first room of that second one and nope'd out. I'm not a 100% guy so I am happy to skip stuff. Like the Merlin puzzles after I got the first two inventory unlocks I'm like, I'm good, that's enough.

I really like the combat but there are too many spells and switching between spell trees is a bit annoying. They shouldve mapped them to R1 and L1 instead. I never use the potions and items so that button is a waste and i cant even tell you what R1 does.

There is also so little of the combat that it kind of ruins the pacing when you spend 50% of the time doing hogwarts tasks. Im doing the first trial right now and its got very little combat and a lot of push pull puzzles that are just a big time sink. Surely a game with dozens of spells couldve used more than just a force pull puzzle. I hate BOTW but the puzzles made great use of its 5 abilities.

If you're on Steam you can change it.

Personally I very rarely use the aim function, so I would change aim to be double tap left trigger and use a regular pull of left trigger to change the face buttons into a dpad. so to change spells hold both triggers and hit a face button.

Last edited:
If you're on Steam you can change it.

Personally I very rarely use the aim function, so I would change aim to be double tap right trigger (activate rt+lt) and use left trigger to change the face buttons into a dpad. so to change spells hold both triggers and hit a face button.
Just did it and it works really good I'm going to keep it. However I realize now that it's better to put aim on double tap LT, not double tap RT.

It also lets you revelio by pressing Lt+X without having to take your finger off the stick, which is nice.

Last edited:

3liteDragon

Fidelity mode on PS5, second one's my best pic. Last two are gameplay screenshots, not a cinematic.

IMG_2558.png

IMG_2555.png
IMG_2557.png

Beechos

Game is guardians of the galaxy surprising good so far. I was expecting some online microtransaction grindfest akin to gotham knights to milk the harry potter fans.

Last edited:

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Finally beat the main storyline tonight. Really did like the story. With 44 hours in and me still going after all collectables I do really have to say I do want to see this become the first of many games in this universe from these folks. It's a great foundation that can be easily built upon for future games.

Gerdav

So I just realised I do not have access to the PlayStation exclusive quest, I’m in winter and have competed the dragon quest, however this quest is nowhere to be seen, looking online the shop doors where it is meant to be glows blue with revelio, but no option to do anything, no marker on the map, checking manage game content from the ps5 home screen shows the exclusive quest and it is marked as usable, I have even deleted the entire game and re-downloaded it and still nothing, has anyone else got this problem or have any suggestions other than starting a new save to resolve this.

Helghan

I'm really liking the game, pretty sure I'll play it until it's 100% completed. I also would love to have a MMORPG of this. There is so much lore that they can easily bring out new extensions every 1-2 years.

MMaRsu

Banned
Great game, but good lord the broom controls are dogshit.

No, they are easy as pie. Are you using a controller? How can they be dogshit when its literally the easiest thing in the world? I had more issues with the lockpicking mechanic until I figured it out

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Your're missing out man, Dissendo is so fun
I was
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad
for a second there.
Descendo, you know as in to descent.

You can defeat all enemies including bosses using only petrificus totalus.
Except trolls, you'd need an invisibility potion for them.
Why bother with spells?
Because it's way more fun to destroy groups of people like this?:

Lies and slander

The game says I am 49 hours in, but that feels wrong.
Completed the main story quest this morning. Gotta wait for me to be level 43 (I think) before I can "graduate" - so loads of side quests to do.

It's fun but felt really drained at the end.

ABeezy1388

So I just realised I do not have access to the PlayStation exclusive quest, I’m in winter and have competed the dragon quest, however this quest is nowhere to be seen, looking online the shop doors where it is meant to be glows blue with revelio, but no option to do anything, no marker on the map, checking manage game content from the ps5 home screen shows the exclusive quest and it is marked as usable, I have even deleted the entire game and re-downloaded it and still nothing, has anyone else got this problem or have any suggestions other than starting a new save to resolve this.

Within winter you need to be at/past a specific spot in the main quest line. After you start “fire and vice” you’ll be able to start the exclusive quest. At this point you’ll be able to walk past that specific shop and there will be someone there with a quest icon to start it.

Did the special quest in Hogsmeade, pretty wild that the coolest quest in the game is Playstation exclusive lol. I'm 40 hours in, my statement that this is a GOTY contender after my first 5 hours has only solidified, the game has exceeded my expectations. Definitely room to grow and improve for a sequel, the potential is bananas.

Gerdav

Within winter you need to be at/past a specific spot in the main quest line. After you start “fire and vice” you’ll be able to start the exclusive quest. At this point you’ll be able to walk past that specific shop and there will be someone there with a quest icon to start it.
I have already completed “fire and vice”, the quest is not showing and no is outside, it’s showing as usable under manage game content, I have even deleted and re-downloaded the whole game, bar starting a new save I’m out of ideas on how to get it to show up.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

True.

If they decide to do an expansion or DLC featuring a full blown Quiddich tournament, they desperately need to fix, or offer multiple control schemes, for flying.

Fuz

Banned
This is interesting.

Not sure if it's allowed, I don't think there's anything that breaks them since there's no link to anything. Mods feel free to delete it if you think it goes against the rules.

ebevan91

Talked to a couple of parents who bought their teen kids this game. All of them either are not aware or give a crap about this game's "controversy".

I know exactly one person who cares about the "controversy". We work for the same company but now different locations and he's exactly like what you'd expect of someone who's boycottiing the game.

Just finished the main story, almost at 100% as well which I will probably do today, what an incredible game. I had a few small issues with it but overall a fantastic experience start to end.

Draugoth

Gold Member
This is interesting.

Not sure if it's allowed, I don't think there's anything that breaks them since there's no link to anything. Mods feel free to delete it if you think it goes against the rules.

It's misleading, the crack sitll makes denuvo still runs on the background, it only hides it.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I’m sneaking in here to observe impressions now that the hype has cooled. 🧐

Seems that it’s high quality but still in the vein of a Ghost of Tsushima Or Assassin’s Creed.

Tarnished

I got the game today and I'm enjoying it so far, it's a very pleasant world to explore. I just got to the town and it runs absolutely fine for me, I was expecting a massive hit to performance after reading some horror stories, but it seems that if you turn off RT it runs great (120fps with optimised settings for me). I'm definitely looking forward to delving deeper tomorrow.

Sygma

This game has broken stealth mechanics. You can defeat all enemies including bosses using only petrificus totalus. :D And plants are also OP. Why bother with spells? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

yeah thats because the gear mods for plants are the only ones which are multiplicative instead of additive, when you stack 6 lvl 3 it gives 480% of bonus damage, whereas unforgivable which is the second best mod gives +180% dmg to cursed targets if you stack 6 of these

Last edited:

MirageMew2

Came to talk about the PS Exclusive quest and I see it brought up on the page, but yeah, holy shit. 50% completion at level 30 right now and that was bar none the best quest in the game so far. And the shop benefits are a lifesaver right now as I’m at the point where I’m trying to buy every upgrade and time.

I’m sneaking in here to observe impressions now that the hype has cooled. 🧐

Seems that it’s high quality but still in the vein of a Ghost of Tsushima Or Assassin’s Creed.
Yes and no, the main story, progression, pacing, variety in main story missions and even side missions is much better than those games, this is coming from someone who loves Assassin’s Creed games and loves GoT. In terms of all the extras around the map, yes very much check box stuff, there is a lot of variety to it, but also a lot of repetition, although most of them are quite engaging, all optional of course. The worst would be Merlin trials, it’s a variety of seven or eight different style mini puzzles, there’s 95 of them in total which is annoying if you’re a completionist, otherwise not so much.

Last edited:

zkorejo

No mods on PC that unlock ps quest yet?

Got back to the game and made some serious progress. Level 30 almost now. I'm really loving this game. Been doing all sidequests and assignments, even sidestuff like collectibles. My room of requirement is like a lab for potions and herbology. I have bought/conjured everything I need.

Riding the Hypogriffin with Nattie was a really cool moment in the game.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It's astounding what they've achieved in this game visually. It's a second amazing looking UE4 game this year.
7Lpc6Lv.png
qiPypf4.png
B3NYjsF.png
3EfxtEm.png
VUIeAyj.png
vUwv0z2.png
m68vlNw.png
qfM9p3U.jpg
LVr80ey.png
ptY5OC5.png
8l9kBdY.png
k4WBcf8.png
2bnDlQr.png
k0ko7VE.png
OSzNiKj.png
What an absolutely magical, heart-warming and meticulously recreated world full of life, rich with details and magic in every pixel. I simply can't express how much I love everything in this game... well, maybe lip-sync and facial animations is not pefect outside of cut-scenes, but other than that there's literally nothing to complain about. What's also blow me away is how freakin' HUGE (!!!!) Hogwarts is, but at the same time it's is easy to navigate and remember where everything is. I've spent like 3 to 3,5 hours at the beginning just walking around, exploring the castle, looking for secrets, solving puzzles etc. I even end up in Ravenclaw which is right up my alley.

Anyway, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Hogwarts Legacy is the very first contender for GOTY.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I took a few days break from the game, tried to continue and still feeling a little burned out on it. I should probably just work on the main story for a while. I don't plan on trying to platinum this anyway.

Started the game today, have my character below. I'm at the section where I go to Hogsmead village for the 1st time and I've got an annoying issue... Spells like Revelio should be able to cast while moving, not stop the character in place. Unless I'm using it wrong, spamming it in every room?

I'll see how far I get this weekend, but I'll probably not finish it for a while considering Lightfall comes out on Tuesday.

UCUuAgY.png

Last edited:
I wanted to platinum the game so I played through every house to get their respective trophies, I like that each house has their own unique quest early on, Hufflepuff’s takes you to
Azkaban, and there are Dementors
So disappointed that they designed and animated them and only used them for this one really short quest, exclusive the Hufflepuff of all houses.

Last edited:

DeviantBoi

Was just gifted the game.

Have loved the 2 hours I've put into it so far.

Shame that I missed out on the Twitch drops. The campaign just ended yesterday. Damn.

Krathoon

You can unlock everything with a simple file on PC except the PS5 quest. Anything else will work (even the Felix Felicis potion).
I am suspecting that the PlayStation quest is actual DLC. It is not present in the game.

I got both the PC version and the PS5 one. I wanted to mess around with the game.

Top Bottom