• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Still not done, but still having fun!

Anyway, has anyone on PS5 noticed that the game will sometimes randomly start running much worse? I'm on performance mode, and a few times the game has become "stuck" running at like 40fps (i.e. very juddery) until I reload a save. Could be my PS5 possibly, but since just exiting out to the main menu (not actually closing the game) and loading a save fixes it, it seems more like a memory leak or something. Never seen this in any other game on my PS5.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Anyway, has anyone on PS5 noticed that the game will sometimes randomly start running much worse? I'm on performance mode, and a few times the game has become "stuck" running at like 40fps (i.e. very juddery) until I reload a save. Could be my PS5 possibly, but since just exiting out to the main menu (not actually closing the game) and loading a save fixes it, it seems more like a memory leak or something. Never seen this in any other game on my PS5.
I didn't notice this, but my PS5 sessions have been less than 3 hours at a time.

cormack12

Gold Member
What is the 0/3 here?

The other numbers are my chomping cabbages. I've only just got my broom if it's related to story progress....

j5eI4sz.jpg

cormack12

Gold Member
Can you change the seasons yourself at the end of the game? Hogsmeade in winter is fire but dunno if I can go back at the end for my photo needs

Currently you cannot no, so any winter pics need snapping in the story parts of the game

Last edited:
I am giving up hope that Avalanche will ever come out with a patch to fix the broken Collections trophy in the PS5 version. I am literally 99.8% complete with the Platinum except for the two (well known and repeatedly documented on their tech support website) glitched Field Guide items. Both items were obtained by me ages ago, but the game counter refuses to acknowledge it. This was first reported to WB more than a couple of months ago, but still no fix. Really, how difficult and how long does it take to patch what, on the surface, seems like a simple thing. I have enjoyed my playing time with this game, but to not give me a Platinum Trophy that I completely earned due to a game bug, is beyond frustrating. I will think long and hard before I ever buy another game from them.

I didn't have fps issues, but the more I played, the more buggy the game became. Sometimes I'd have to quit and restart because it got so bad, other times the game would just crash. This was on PS5 performance mode as well.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
i hope they invest some money from that billion they made in a proper story next time and deeper rpg mechanics , this game feel likes an achievements chase simulator

It kind of does yeah. I'm like 50 hours in now, and not many of those have been actual story. Still enjoy most of the side stuff though.

DarthPutin

I'm fine with repetitive stuff, I get it. I just want more interesting random and main quests and few better dungeons, and game would go from "very nice" to "great". Also, few more enemy types.

I understand production limitations. I don't think they could really afford to split few quests among different houses like they did. If they put them all into one walkthrough it would already improve things a bit. What I don't understand is why nobody seems interested in taking lesson from Witcher 3. Sometimes you would clear three samey bandit bases or other tasks but it still felt somewhat rewarding, because if you found texts at locations that, when connected, told a story enriching the world.

Creating new locations and game mechanics is time and resource consuming. But decent to good writers can be hired on the cheap (even many award winning writers live off second job) to create backstories and more interesting dialogues, etc. E.g. one house I robbed (how else would you call it) belonged to old auror, it had three pieces of her diary expressing doubts and regrets about her past deeds. In other location we meet her brother who's very proud of her. More of this stuff would make game much better for me already.

You could create more interesting backstories, feuds etc for the teachers that we discover through texts or ghosts' stories, for example.

Especially that Sebastian story....That was fairly well done...
yeah, few more stories like this and the game would be close to amazing.

Wish they would add few DLCs to this to that effect.

phant0m

When will this be $40 on PSN? I'm waiting.
considering how well it's sold? I would guess summer at the earliest, but more likely Black Friday/Holiday sale.

if you have a disc drive you'll get physical cheaper. $54 on amazon rn w/o sale

Last edited:
I'm fine with repetitive stuff, I get it. I just want more interesting random and main quests and few better dungeons, and game would go from "very nice" to "great". Also, few more enemy types.

I understand production limitations. I don't think they could really afford to split few quests among different houses like they did. If they put them all into one walkthrough it would already improve things a bit. What I don't understand is why nobody seems interested in taking lesson from Witcher 3. Sometimes you would clear three samey bandit bases or other tasks but it still felt somewhat rewarding, because if you found texts at locations that, when connected, told a story enriching the world.

Creating new locations and game mechanics is time and resource consuming. But decent to good writers can be hired on the cheap (even many award winning writers live off second job) to create backstories and more interesting dialogues, etc. E.g. one house I robbed (how else would you call it) belonged to old auror, it had three pieces of her diary expressing doubts and regrets about her past deeds. In other location we meet her brother who's very proud of her. More of this stuff would make game much better for me already.

You could create more interesting backstories, feuds etc for the teachers that we discover through texts or ghosts' stories, for example.

yeah, few more stories like this and the game would be close to amazing.

Wish they would add few DLCs to this to that effect.
I've just 100%-ed it. Overall, I think it's good: an amazing start by the devs. Like you, I'd much rather they dialled down the open world checklist aspect and made less, but made it more meaningful. And yes, draw more inspiration from Witcher 3 quests. If there's one thing the devs had already done for them, it's amazing lore and world building, just build on it. I kept thinking that the quest stories were on the verge of something but it felt like they backed away when it might get "serious". I

I'm not even a Potterhead, but have two kids who have in their own ways got into that world. I tagged along I guess.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
considering how well it's sold? I would guess summer at the earliest, but more likely Black Friday/Holiday sale.

if you have a disc drive you'll get physical cheaper. $54 on amazon rn w/o sale

Has the last-gen and Switch versions even released yet? I am thinking the only chance at a sale prior to next year may be in a Steam sale, but probably nathan for consoles.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Last gen versions are coming out soon. Hopefully the dev team made progress on optimization and performance improvements to get the games to run okay. This might be overoptimistic, but I hope that it coincides with further performance patches for current gen and PC.

PlanktonChum

Neo Member
Pardon the bump. I have two DLC codes from the PS5 version (the Dark Arts pack and the Onyx hippogriff/Felix recipe) and wanted to give them to someone else, but they have a PS4 - will they work on the PS4 version, does anyone know? I'm assuming not, but worth the shot to ask.

The PS4/Bone versions of this are about to release, which means more Twitch drops lol
Also a second chance at getting the Merlin robe if you missed it during first launch
j6eiJKV.jpg

Yibby

So how is the technical state on PC now? Is it still a stuttery mess? I've heard that raytracing is broken and wont get fixed.

And...the two broken collection quest items on the PS5 version are still broken!! Why can't Avalanche fix this counter bug?? This is beyond frustrating. I am 100% complete and earned the Platinum but it won't pop because of this crazy ass bug. After waiting over two months to finally finish the game, I still can't.

cormack12

Gold Member
If its any consolation I had the same in shadow of the tomb raider collectibles. It did get patched after 5 months and my trophies popped lol.

I have one more trial to go and I think fatigue has set in with side quests and collecting stuff etc. It's still a nice world to roam around and the fast travel is a god send. But its getting a bit repetitive now

Anyone have any insight to how performance is with the new patch on the ps5? Consistent 60 fps with very infrequent stutters would be nice to hear as I've heard the PC patch does basically nothing for stutters.

Last edited:
And...the two broken collection quest items on the PS5 version are still broken!! Why can't Avalanche fix this counter bug?? This is beyond frustrating. I am 100% complete and earned the Platinum but it won't pop because of this crazy ass bug. After waiting over two months to finally finish the game, I still can't.
I saw something that said they added a page to the game, rather than making it so you can collect the page that has a bug. Because of it, you should be able to get all 150 pages now.

I saw something that said they added a page to the game, rather than making it so you can collect the page that has a bug. Because of it, you should be able to get all 150 pages now.
The problem is that there are TWO buggy quests that can't be completed in the PS5 version. Both have been well documented on the Hogwarts support site and both originate from the same flooflame location (Bell Tower Courtyard.) One is the Moth Mirror quest where you use Lumos to grab the moth that's on a large urn to the right of the sphinx statue and take it back to the mirror. The other one is where you go outside, make a right and head towards the greenhouse. Along the path, just past a living topiary, is a fountain with a flying field guide page hovering over it. You use Accio to grab it and complete the quest. I did both of these ages ago, but for some reason, the game refuses to recognize my completion. Both of these mini quests still show up as non completed game help cards, too. But, no matter how many times I try to redo them, there is no Moth or Field Guide Page at the designated location, making it literally impossible to complete the game and get the Platinum.

On a whim, since one of the last things you have to do to get the Platinum is go back and play the first two hours of the game with a new character starting from the other three schools, I did the Moth and Fountain quests using the new character. Each time, the quests worked. Since your main game recognizes when you complete the two-hour quest and it counts it towards your Platinum, I was hoping the main game might also recognize the two missing collection quests. Sadly, it's a no go.

Last edited:

Krathoon

I am running into a problem where my Twitch drops are not showing up in my Steam copy of the game. It works on my PS5 version.

Anyone know a fix?

The recent patch fixed the texture streaming issue for me on PC. The game pretty much runs flawlessly now.

It's sad that 3 months after release I can finally finish the game - technical issues pretty much ruined the experience for me. Now I'm trying to rush through the rest of the game so I can move on to Zelda. It's my fault for buying Day 1 but as a fan of the franchise I couldn't resist. Live and learn.

Guys, my niece's birthday is coming up. She's 15 and a potterhead. On a base Xbox One (don't remember whether it's VCR or One S, but base console). I told her parents, who held off purchasing this at launch because of her final exams were approaching then, which got over a couple of weeks ago, not to get her this as I'm going to, for her birthday.

Is there any provocative/suggestive content that we should be worried showing a 15 y/o kid, in this? We're from a very conservative religious BG, and usually hold off any piece of entertainment of that ilk till the kids hit 18-21.

How's the performance on the X1? Mainly stable frametimes and a locked 30 FPS?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is there any provocative/suggestive content that we should be worried showing a 15 y/o kid, in this? We're from a very conservative religious BG, and usually hold off any piece of entertainment of that ilk till the kids hit 18-21.
As in "sexy" content? I can't recall any. But if her family is super religious, I don't see how that's an issue over the fact that this is a game literally about witchcraft lol.

belmarduk

Guys, my niece's birthday is coming up. She's 15 and a potterhead. On a base Xbox One (don't remember whether it's VCR or One S, but base console). I told her parents, who held off purchasing this at launch because of her final exams were approaching then, which got over a couple of weeks ago, not to get her this as I'm going to, for her birthday.

How's the performance on the X1? Mainly stable frametimes and a locked 30 FPS?

There's no sexual content at all... but lots of violence.. which is why its rated T.

Another month...yet another patch...and STILL NO FIX for the PS5 Collections Trophy bug. Been stuck on 139 of 140 chests for over three months! I am 100% complete but Avalanche refuses to give me the damn platinum. Thanks guys! Pathetic.

Top Bottom