• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Overview Trailer | Out This Holiday

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
10.png

Full State of Play (captured on PS5):

What you need to know:

Create your character through a complete editor and face The Sorting Hat test to join one of the four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Your Hogwarts adventure will then begin!
You will be able to take most class such as potions, defenses against the dark arts or even botanical courses. Of course, duels between wizards will also be part of the game.

hogwarts-legacy-02.jpeg
hogwarts-legacy-05.jpeg

Hogwarts Legacy is set in the 1800s, so the classrooms and environments will feel familiar to you. On the other hand, the teachers will not be those you may have known in the movies.
The game will offer you to visit the entire Hogwarts castle in open world, but not only. The village of Hogsmeade will also be accessible as well as other places such as The Diagon Alley.
Many spells and skills will be learnable and used in the game. Of course, potions will be important too and will heal your character or give him boosted skills for a short period of time.

hogwarts-legacy-03.jpeg
hogwarts-legacy-04.jpeg

Of course, what would be the Harry Potter universe without magic broomsticks? Quidditch will be part of it with the possibility of strolling on your own broomsticks.
Harry Potter is also the story of friendship, so many companions can accompany you during the adventure. Be it humans or creatures.

Last edited:
Looks really great. But damn I hope the game uses music from the movies, or at least has better music than this gameplay showcase because it was terrible, a lot of magical sounding music but just bland, boring and without any melody.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It better have PS1 Hagrid easter egg.

avatars-D55sGB5xaGiANpHK-0uyUww-t240x240.jpg

But on a serious note.

It just looks ... ok I guess ? Nothing really caught my attention. Art style and graphical quality felt like what a Fable game on the XBOne generation would have been.

And yes I know this is cross-gen.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Is this an open world RPG? I was expecting more like a narrative action platformer. It looks a lot more interesting than I expected.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Fucking ridiculous gate keeping.

They're pissed because of JK Rowling's comments. But they're essentially punishing Avalanche for making a game that has nothing to do with what JK said, while being lenient on Sony for hosting an event for the game.

If they want to go full nuclear, they should ban all Sony discussion too, or let people talk about the damn game.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

They're pissed because of JK Rowling's comments. But they're essentially punishing Avalanche for making a game that has nothing to do with what JK said, while being lenient on Sony for hosting an event for the game.

If they want to go full nuclear, they should ban all Sony discussion too, or let people talk about the damn game.

I so want to make a Tetris style puzzle indie game using chromosomes just to trigger those idiots.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

and no one has any balls to say anything. they all just fall in line like little bitches. if the community said something mods would change their tune.

jaysius

Banned
That timer on the plants raised some red flags for me. With EA this could go really bad with microtransactions.

red flag GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Fbh

Said it in the other thread but IMO looks great, really like the visuals and art direction and the gameplay looks pretty fun.
Just hope they don't go overboard with shitty microtransactions as WB is a terrible publishers and that "room of requirement" looked like it was built for microtransaction

Also props to whoever was in charge of this showing. Nice length, gives you a good look at the game and keeps the focus on the gameplay instead of devs talking to the camera or shitty CGI.

Man the hate for Rowling over there is so crazy.
There's "I dislike her because of her comments regarding transgender women and I refuse to support any product related to her" and then there's "she's the antichrist and any sort of mention of her or anything related to her is forbidden and will get you banned".

A state of play just for this game? Eh looks kinda lame :/

They had to think out of the box because there just wasn't any more Deathloop content to show

Last edited:

jonnyp

I'm about as interested in the Potter universe as I am in contracting untreatable gonorrhea. However, I will buy this just to help piss off the blue-haired lunatics.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Wait, why are Retard Era members upset by this??
Because JK Rowling had basically said some stuff like ‘please refer to me as a woman instead of a person who menstruates’ or some shit. I don’t know but basically she doesn’t want to concede women’s spaces in case a woman is raped by a man posing as a woman in the woman’s bathroom etc. Crazy I know.

Top Bottom