• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Overview Trailer | Out This Holiday

ikbalCO

This looks amazing.

They really nailed the look of wand combat and i hope it feels as goos as it looks if not better.

This is year so packed it is crazy. I cannot wait for this now.

Also, glad to be here with you gaf. They out there discussing morbius and whatnot while this gaming goodness was dropping.

Hezekiah

Banned
Because JK Rowling had basically said some stuff like ‘please refer to me as a woman instead of a person who menstruates’ or some shit. I don’t know but basically she doesn’t want to concede women’s spaces in case a woman is raped by a man posing as a woman in the woman’s bathroom etc. Crazy I know.
I forgot about that ridiculousness.

ZoukGalaxy

WOW. I'm sold.

Looks like the game I always dreamed in HP universe.
Please no online, no MTX, no GAAS, no CO-OP
Flying Harry Potter GIF by The Story Room

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
This game looks absolutely incredible. I expected alot of this game, but the trailer blew my mind.

I'm not entirely sold on the combat, but it did look promissing. I wished they gave an actual demonstration(With UI, how attacks are done, what buttons are pressed, etc), but I'm hopeful.

This all seems to be pointing torwards to a (at the very least) great game.

The one thing I wished this game didnt do is the "You are the only one able to save the world!" kind of story, for what I assume to be the first game in the franchise.
This had the potential to be a more personal story, of a coming of age kind of story of a student just trying to find its place in the school, with an overarching story that would possibly only threaten the other students or the school. It would have been better in my opinion, but this is good too.

Ellery

Pretty surprised at the scale and quality of what I've seen in that trailer. It is a game I've been waiting a long time for, but seeing a full AAA game in the veins of what I like being revealed there makes me happy.

Sure some things looked a bit rough on the edges like lip sync and performance, but that is probably what they are working on right now to polish the game. And a delay is very likely as we have seen in the last 5-10 years that more games are getting delayed than actual games release on time. So they probably have another 12 to 18 months to work on it.

Excited for this and I hope it is as good as it looks. Happy with the graphics, camera and atmosphere so far. Keep up the good work and polish this game to a point where I can be happy to buy this day 1.

BeardGawd

Banned
Game looks super ambitious. Being able to fly suggests a pretty expansive map. Seems like a ton to explore and do with decent production value and cutscenes. Curious what the load times will be with this. Hope it's good.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm actually sold in the part where you actually are a Hogwarts student. I think thats the best part of being in the world of Harry Potter franchise.
What I'm cautious is those activities and somethings that the devs said. Specifically the part of making "their own take" on Hogwarts. Depening on what kind of idea they are planning, this could be bad. Specially if they want to please the twitter crowd.

The activities also made me worry, because I felt like theres a lot of "create X and wait until is done". This is very concerning to me, because it felt more like Hogwarts Mystery and that game is very terrible because of it. Just imagine you creating a potion or a plant, waiting about 24 minutes(according to the gameplay), but theres a "way" to speed up the process? Thats exactly how Hogwarts Mystery does, by paying extra you speed up things and thats my worry about.

I hope I'm wrong. But damn, why do I have this feeling they gonna monetize every single aspect of this game?

edit: Saw the tweet about having "no microtransaction". Can we believe in this?

Last edited:

BigBooper

Please WB, do not allow the slow walking narrative moments where you have to hold the joystick as the character barely creeps along. That walk up to the edge of the cliff...

dark_chris

Well least this provides a “safe place” to post about this game.
I’m so excited for the game and woulda loved to have talked about it on the other place but they are so full on hate that they refuse any discussion about her, even go on to ban people. It’s ridiculous. Growing up to the HP series, im always going to love it and nothing will change it.

Anyway, I’m liking what I’m seeing here and it’s really cool. Does look a bit rough here and there but it does seem like it’s coming along very very nicely. Custom character, spells, attending classes, story so far seem intriguing. This is something I’ve been looking forward to since I was a kid.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
So it looks like a good game made by people with passion for the IP and the art of making games. You are a fucking asshole piece of shit if you want to stick it to these people because the author is a bigot cunt. Why should these people not get to experience success from years of their labor because the person who wrote the books is a fucking moron?

ckaneo

Everything looks great, better than I expected except for the combat.

I knew this would happen because the combat in the books/movies kinda sucks unless you are getting a Voldemort vs Dumbledore level battle. The only way to fix this would be to deviate far from the source material. And maybe they should. I think however something they can improve is the impact of spells. Looks rather weak kinda like the assassins creed games where it doesnt feel good. Fix that at least. Maybe for Hogwarts legacy 2 go full on botw in terms of systems that connect with each other.

Flying, animal raising, classes, dungeons? The scope might actually be too big for a first attempt. Im glad they went for it though.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Looks amazing, beyond what I was expecting. It looks kind of like GTA 5, just all Wizarding World.

Someone literally got banned for posting "Hype" during the State of Play, while making no reference to Hogwarts and/or the State of Play itself. There's having your head so far up your ass you shit teeth, and there's ResetEra.
it's really funny thinking of someone not knowing the context and saying on a "videogame" forum that this videogame looks like a fun videogame and getting immediately banned.

Top Bottom