• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Overview Trailer | Out This Holiday

Ribi

Magic looks a little weak. As much as I'd love to have forspoken give me some of that fluid magic. This didn't have enough power just weak streams. And some of the distant landscapes looks like it was on a switch but could have just been YouTube compression. Also the studio doesn't have a great track record

Saber

Gold Member
H2uMm8V.jpg

Slytherin team, assemble!!!

kyussman

god no! your completely wrong, the world that’s been established begs for an open world exploration setting.
I'm just imagining being led through super detailed hand crafted enviroments with set piece gameplay moments......although I guess graphics are so good these days the open world stuff will look great.Honestly,I'm just a bit sick of bland open world gameplay loops......perhaps this will be more compelling.

ckaneo

Did my eyes deceive me this game legit look like ps3 game
Which ps3 games did you play. It looks like unreal engine 4 from mid to late ps4 and xbox one era cause it's unreal engine 4. Same hair, textures, lighting, framerate.

Hopefully the next gen versions can brute force any stuttering or framerate issues

Last edited:

blacktout

Cloud probably

Seems to be available on amazon so maybe not

Yeah, and the Amazon listing apparently has box art: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/03/hogwarts-legacy-is-apparently-coming-to-nintendo-switch

It's surprising to me that they're going the "impossible port" route instead of just slapping it on the cloud and calling it a day. A physical version probably makes financial sense though, since a big percentage of its sales are going to be Christmas gifts for kids and parents want something to wrap up and put under the tree.

Last edited:
Imagine being from 2015 and asking what she said that is getting so much wailing and gnashing of teeth about.

"Uh, she's right?"

jaysius

Banned
True, TRUE!! The game releases in a week and they show this?! If only did they have more time, like Holidays 2022 to polish the game more.

:D
Yea, you don't know how optimizations work(or don't work) if the game is THIS ROUGH in their "LOOK AT THIS GAME PLEASE BUY IT" hype videos, it's a fat chance it'll be polished up by release. ALSO this is EA, remember BF 2042?

Elysion

Banned
To be fair, character models and animations do indeed look like they‘re from the PS3 era; the environments and lighting however look pretty good.

The combat animations in particular look very dated; that‘s the most obvious sign that this game isn’t being done by a AAA-developer.

gow3isben

IGN final review:

Pros:

- innovative and fun gameplay
- unique and fully realized world
- Great cast of characters
- exciting sense of discovery
- Great art style unique to source material

Cons:

- Completely tiptoes around and never addresses the trans issue

Score : 6

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
ZILDPG4.jpg
RDhznr0.jpg

AlYoo73.jpg

images

2 bottom pict is uncharted 3 and gow 3 on ps3 no joke
so you're comparing PS exclusives to screenshots from a shitty video of a multi platform game? good job. well done. you've convinced me! :messenger_clapping:

what about these images? nah that wouldn't suit your bullshit argument or be fair would it?:

hogwarts-legacy-ps5-playstation-5-4.large.jpg

hogwarts-legacy-ps5-playstation-5-1.large.jpg

I have no interest in 'arry po'er, but this game looks fun and I'm interested.
literally the first comment in here was someone going on about how they don't care about HP. so what are you adding? nothing?

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
literally the first comment in here was someone going on about how they don't care about HP. so what are you adding? nothing?
Huh? I said I'm interested in the game and like what I've seen despite having no interest in HP.

PerfectDark

Banned
As someone who has been playing video games since the first Nintendo. This is the most amazing game I ever seen a preview for. This is the first game in 15 years that looks too good to be true. This is the type of game I imagined playing in the future when I was older. Instead of the pure trash we get year after year. The only other wish I would have with a game would be a good NFL or college football game or a Star Wars game like this.

Last edited:

IDappa

So it looks like a good game made by people with passion for the IP and the art of making games. You are a fucking asshole piece of shit if you want to stick it to these people because the author is a bigot cunt. Why should these people not get to experience success from years of their labor because the person who wrote the books is a fucking moron?
All she said was boys have willys and girls have villys, that doesn't make you a bigot or a cunt. But yes this game shouldn't be punished because of a select mentally deranged community of people.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We've heard next to nothing about Hogwarts Legacy since its announcement, but recently, WB Games and Sony finally pulled back the curtain on it with a full State of Play presentation dedicated to showing a healthy chunk of gameplay and providing a detailed overview of the game.

Obviously, we've learned quite a bit about Hogwarts Legacy in the process, and here, we're going to talk about the key details that you should know about the game.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
My son and I are reading the Harry Potter books now so he's going to love this. Wish it had co-op though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Anyone else except journalists to purposefully give this game low scores?

It'll be better if they choose not to review it than review it and score lower because of an agenda.

This whole process has been incredibly scummy from the get go. Journalists should be looking at this game in a vacuum. Not correlating it with what JK Rowling, a person who has nothing to do with the studio developing the game, said.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
ZILDPG4.jpg
RDhznr0.jpg

AlYoo73.jpg

images

2 bottom pict is uncharted 3 and gow 3 on ps3 no joke

Top: two cropped stills of a low bit-rate youtube video
Bottom: two downscaled screenshots of the games' framebuffer output.

It's like me saying the bottom pic actually looks like shit because just look at it:

wLniJ9W.png

Laieon

Anyone else except journalists to purposefully give this game low scores?

Do bonuses in the industry still depend (at least, occasionally) on the metacritic score for games? If so, I see "we choose not to review this" or "we're not giving this a score" to be a lot more likely.

CAPSOL

Woke bullshit to help calm the twitter mob. It bothers me too. I could've gotten past it if he had an actual personality but he looks forced in to have an Asian main character
It triggered you that an Asian character was created for the walk through? seriously? In a game where you can create your own character?

Kevin

Glad to see there are still sites where you are allowed to talk about this game. So many sites have completely "Canceled" any discussion surrounding this game. Even most mainline journalist sites are not covering the game. A damn shame. I support the hundreds of developers who have worked on this game more so then one person with some controversial opinions. To quote Spock; The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. With that out of the way, I just wanted to say this game has me hyped like I haven't been hyped for many years. Everything about it looks fantastic. I will admit there is some areas that could use a little more polish but they still have a good 8-9 months of development time left so I'll wait and see how the finished product turns out. This could become one of my all-time favorite games depending on how well everything turns out. The videos have seriously made me want to go back and watch all the films again as it's been quite awhile since I've seen them.

Warablo

Just exploring Hogwarts and school stuff will be so fun. Wonder if Quidditch will make a appearance. One of the old ps2/xbox Quidditch games were really fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom