• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy | Review Thread

Topher

Gold Member
So do we know when this game unlocks? Not the early release, but the full release?

And do we expect the New Zealand trick to work on Xbox for this one?

"Hogwarts Legacy releases on PC (via Steam and the Epic Game Store), PS5 and Xbox Series X on February 10th. The PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game come out on April 4th, while the Nintendo Switch version is currently slated for July 25th."

DrKNJBl.jpg

Oh no. I’m a fucking bigot.

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime
Your welcome to Slytherin bigotry.…but I’m going Hufflepuff: all inclusive like the downstairs girls bathroom for like 50% of the second movie 🤣

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Looks like my copy won't ship til tomorrow, which means Wednesday for me. Oh well. Really looking forward to it.

Also, the deluxe edition physical copies are sold out everywhere.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
"Hogwarts Legacy releases on PC (via Steam and the Epic Game Store), PS5 and Xbox Series X on February 10th. The PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game come out on April 4th, while the Nintendo Switch version is currently slated for July 25th."

Thanks but I'm more referring to the various release times that games end up having. Sometimes "February 10th" means 6am PST of the 10th. Sometimes it means midnight PST the night before. And other times it means something different altogether, like, say 9pm PST the night before.

Then the New Zealand trick is a whole different bag, where Xbox players have oftentimes been able to play at like noon the day before release by switching their console location to New Zealand.

Just curious if anyone knows the exact release time as I'd like to play this as soon as it's available.

Topher

Gold Member
Thanks but I'm more referring to the various release times that games end up having. Sometimes "February 10th" means 6am PST of the 10th. Sometimes it means midnight PST the night before. And other times it means something different altogether, like, say 9pm PST the night before.

Then the New Zealand trick is a whole different bag, where Xbox players have oftentimes been able to play at like noon the day before release by switching their console location to New Zealand.

Just curious if anyone knows the exact release time as I'd like to play this as soon as it's available.

For the PS5 and Xbox version, the release time is midnight in your time zone.

Krathoon

I am going to try this on a 1080GTX without a SSD. So, I will see how it goes. I may have to run it on the laptop with the 3070RTX and SSD.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Person A) Donates tons of money to charities. Helps open a shelter for vulnerable people. Is an advocate against domestic abuse and donates a lot of time and effort for rights based programs and charities. Brought joy to the lives of millions. Is described as an amazing person by everyone who met them.

Person B) Is miserable. Spends their time bashing, insulting, ridiculing people. Makes violent threats toward others and fantasizes about killing specific types of people. Vilifies people they don't even know for the tiniest of things. Organizes harassment campaigns against others.

If I gave you the anonymous person A and person B, 100% of the people would say Person A is the good person of the two.

People in the gaming industry are so brainwashed, so cowardly that they somehow have allowed activists convince them that the good person of those two is Person B.

Just ordered the Deluxe Edition, I'm all in!
Yeah, I was on the fence myself till the reviews, partly because I’m not a big Potter fan (although I’m familiar with most of it), but mainly because of the studio Avalanche…and again it probably has to be stated it’s not the Just Cause/ Mad Max Avalanche but the other one, where they made kinda mediocre tie in games for Disney mainly.

To see them jump to a large scale AAA RPG that has production values makes my heart warm for the furture. I like my RPGs.

Krathoon

Anyone getting the Deluxe DLC showing up on their Stream download? I think I have to wait until it totally downloads.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Anyone getting the Deluxe DLC showing up on their Stream download? I think I have to wait until it totally downloads.
I got 2 codes to put in. 1st was the deluxe edition and 2nd was some mount or something. Pre-load was 69gb~. I'm sure if it's not there it will be when it unlocks.

Top Bottom