• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy | Review Thread

SpearFist

gwydtsQ.jpg

Please someone do an account suicide and post this on resetera jk rowling thread.

JayK47

I wonder when they will open up Steam reviews? Tomorrow or Friday?

I am preloading now and hope to be playing tomorrow.

norm9

For all the hype this game is getting in the midst of the systematic destruction of trans folkx like it was Tienanmen Square, we have to remember that in about two weeks, all the problems/bugs will start being focused on and it will turn out to be just another Open world ubi-game before everyone moves on.

Don't be caught in the hype and unnecessarily claim it as GOTY, because we all know it's Age of Empires II.

Krathoon

Yeah. They did not get John Cleese and Nearly Headless Nick looks younger. Not certain why.

We do get Peeves in this.

Last edited:

Jaybe

I'm trying hard to resist buying the deluxe version so I can play at midnight.

Here’s what else you get with deluxe. And apparently preorders get a Felix Fellatio potion recipe.

The Deluxe Edition of the game comes with the same preorder bonuses as the Standard Edition, and PlayStation versions receive the Haunted Hogsmeade Shop quest just like the Standard Edition. It also comes with three additional benefits. The Dark Arts Arena, which is a combat arena challenge activity, is the first of these benefits.

Players also receive the Dark Arts Garrison Hat and accompanying cosmetic items, allowing players an additional set of clothing options for their character. The final benefit of the Deluxe Edition is 72 Hours of Early Access for the PS5, PC, and Xbox Series X/S versions of the game, allowing play to begin on February 7th 2023.

The Dark Arts Arena has been shown off in several gameplay trailers and is an accessible location in the game world that allows players to take on a number of tricky combat challenges and test out their skills as a Witch or Wizard against some tough opponents.

DeaDPo0L84

You all ever notice that the farther away from passing that trans people are the crazier they are? All of the normal rational takes from transwomen I've seen are from ones who get pretty close to passing.
Not to turn this entirely into a trans conversation but you make a good point. Think of it like sports fans, you can always tell who is a real fan of a team by the knowledge they have of said team and the dedication they show. But then of course you get a lot of bandwagon fans who jump on at random intervals and can't even tell you who the current QB is. Actual trans people, like those who abide by what the term has meant for all of humanity until 30 minutes ago and made the very real personal decision due to gender dysphoria, don't typically parade around how big of a fan they are of said transition cause again it was done for personal reasons, not as an imaginative club they can use to beat people into submission over woke nonsense.

But then you get a bunch of bandwagon "trans" people who suddenly see they can become a victim in 30 seconds flat by dying their hair and putting pronouns in their bio and enforcing said pronouns on a shocked society when "trans woman" very much is just a dude with a beard who suddenly is wearing fake breast and a wig and wants to pee next to women.

Can't wait for this game to come out, so I can stop reading insane posts like this one from that site :LOL:

People can deflect with semantics or pretentious debate tactics all day long, but it's just not that difficult. Rowling is one of the most dangerous people on the planet, but fans have to have their cheap high of nostalgia for a time when things were easier - at the expense of people who have never had it easy just walking down the fucking street.
brainworms folks, not even once

I don't think anyone has covered this specifically, and I know it's not a souls game, but is the combat weighty? I went from bloodborne to Witcher 3 and I stopped Witcher. The demons souls remake magic felt powerful and had a heft ro it. Is this just flinging a wand or does it have a heft to it?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Suprised about the lack of reviews mentioning the trans character... I assume their trans because they have "body Type 2" and have an blatantly male voice while looking off in the face.

surprisingly the the most fantasy aspect of a game set in 1900 about wizards.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Legit question but what did Rowling say that triggered the people?

Aenima

I’m fairly certain I’ll lose some friends list people if they see me playing this. lol
I would take that as a win, not as a loss. Thers only 2 ppl online in my PS5 friends list now at 3am, 1 is playing the game, and the other is probably downloading it as its not playing anything. Tomorrow afternoon evenig should be interesting to see how many ppl are playing the game from my friendlist.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Context wise it was a response to a twitter post about a feminist talking about "people who menestrate" and pointing out sarcastically that they used to be called "women".

Queue huge backlash from the trans community, which inevitably lead to her entrenching her position from all the death threats etc that came her way.

Krathoon

I wonder if there is an actual line in the game with the trans character that actually reveals they are trans.

They may be just assuming things.

that some men might abuse peoples kind hearted nature and use these new rule changes to abuse women. Which might seem like a slippery slope however its happening in the UK right now:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I wonder if there is an actual line in the game with the trans character that actually reveals they are trans.

They may be just assuming things.

I was googling the voice actor and my hits came back with this.

"Hadn’t seen him in years when he came in a few months ago. But, he recognized me instantly. Which is more than I can say for some of my own classmates. Took them a second to realize I was actually a witch, not a wizard.”

So yes they come out and say it. I mean its pretty obvious as soon as they speak... they picked the most male of voice actors to voice them.

Last edited:
Well I'll be damned. Some hippie turd made a search engine to find out WHO TO FOLLOW on Twitch ❤️

Some fool that's LGBT or an ally of them in the comments of that tweet was defending using this tool. He's trying to be slick and saying its not harassment or the person bringing awareness about the website isn't encouraging harassment.

One of these days some really bad shit will get down when harassing, doxxing, or trying to hurt other people's family members because they don't care about the same issues you do or have a different political view. This is really going down a dark path. These extremists better be careful in going down that road.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
She made a post that took issue with the term “people with vaginas” was against male rapists being put in women’s prisons, and funded a domestic abuse shelter that only allowed biological women.

Yes, that’s really it.

In a slightly broader context, she’s bringing up the fact (correctly) that trans rights can impinge on the rights of biological women. But instead of accepting this logical conclusion, one side of the argument refuses to believe it, or care about it at all. Therein lies the problem.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
In a slightly broader context, she’s bringing up the fact (correctly) that trans rights can impinge on the rights of biological women. But instead of accepting this logical conclusion, one side of the argument refuses to believe it, or care about it at all. Therein lies the problem.

And the obvious issue of the rights of 51% of the human population being outclassed by the rights of 0.05%

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Yes.

People have to realize the same people who believe JK Rowling is hateful are the same people who believe a lot of other crazy stuff. I'm not going to get into it because it's off topic, but if you follow the journalists and gamers who are all-in hating JK Rowling, they unsurprisingly almost always follow the typical checklist of crazy/toxic beliefs on all matters of society. So it really isn't any surprise they wouldn't have the intellect or nuance to actually view this in a genuine way.

Also, I don't believe as many people actually care about it as they say. A lot of them are pretending to performatively to gain acceptance from certain segments of gaming circles.

No one with any intelligence or common sense could read her comments and think they were remotely hateful. As has been proven many times over when actual journalists(the non gaming type) went to do stories on her, researched the topic, and found nothing hateful at all. And of course they were trashed for not agreeing with the original narrative. Notice a pattern? JK isn't the hateful one. Ironically, it's her detractors spreading the constant hate.

Top Bottom