• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy | Review Thread

Peroroncino

Bro I can't stop laughing. The trans person they gave the review to normally reviews sex toys lmao.

1676039742135870.png
I haven't even bought the game and have already gotten my money's worth out of the entertainment it brought out. The sheer comedy is pure gold.

lmao

I guess the magic wand didn't fit their imaginary ho(l)e.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean the tone in general lately. It's like everyone has gone insane. Neither side is acting rational.

I ended up deciding against buying the game because I've never been a HP fan and the final release gameplay looks unappealing to me. Does that mean I should be canceled too? Both ends of the spectrum are one in the same in my eyes.

Yes cancel your ass!! lol

But as far as pointting out John L. Sure why not?🤷‍♂️ You can't just sit back and let every single raged induce person on the otherside steam roll you every single time just because you are the sane one. Pointing and shaming has its purpose from time to time.

Last edited:

missiles

Another degenerate scoring the game low based on his own agenda. Seriously unprofessional for Wired to publish an op-ed rant as an actual review.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Bro I can't stop laughing. The trans person they gave the review to normally reviews sex toys lmao.

1676039742135870.png
1676039363011974.png

I haven't even bought the game and have already gotten my money's worth out of the entertainment it brought out. The sheer comedy is pure gold.
For some time now Wired has been like 50% glorified advertisements, 40% woke/identity/lifestyle bullshit, and 10% actual interesting tech-related stories I enjoy reading.

Finally I had enough and canceled my sub over the summer. Zero regrets:
pFTZ0Je.jpg

Spokker

Can't believe this is real. It's one of the biggest games of the year, ofc people are going to ask about DF covering the game lol

A simple, "We will be covering Hogwarts Legacy, but it won't be me since I will be focused on PSVR2 content." would have sufficed.
He ended up apologizing and then said he was going to take a break from Twitter for a while. He removed his profile picture as well. He does good work but it's hard to not see how he can't handle being on social media.

Man, I don't understand the reactions to this game. Everybody flipping their shit over a game that is by all accounts progressive as hell anyway. They say conservatives can't handle things they disagree with but here I am playing the unrealistically inclusive wizard game and enjoying myself while all the far-left gamers boycott it.

Can't believe this is real. It's one of the biggest games of the year, ofc people are going to ask about DF covering the game lol

A simple, "We will be covering Hogwarts Legacy, but it won't be me since I will be focused on PSVR2 content." would have sufficed.
He's gushed over plenty enough open world games so the guy is a liar as well as a drama llama.

How many people worked on this? Just going by some early walkthrough footage it looks incredibly detailed and highly varied.

Warner bros. and Avalanche probably broke the 1000+ team bracket.

Wired just gave the game 1/10 purely because of JK.

https://archive.md/JimIM

It's truly a miracle that all the reviews weren't like this.
No fucking way. These people are hilariously absurd. Activist reviewers like this should be removed from their positions of influence.

They're discrediting the amazing and strenuous labor from Avalanche. What a bunch of imbeciles.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

AM0aLxq.jpg

Lol so baldy bitch wrote a targeted attack article for Bloomberg and when called out about the hypocrisy for using a laptop to write the article which was made in a slave labor camp he blocked.

God how are game Journos this pathetic... like honestly how do they survive day to day.

Last edited:

Vestal

Gold Member
He ended up apologizing and then said he was going to take a break from Twitter for a while. He removed his profile picture as well. He does good work but it's hard to not see how he can't handle being on social media.

Man, I don't understand the reactions to this game. Everybody flipping their shit over a game that is by all accounts progressive as hell anyway. They say conservatives can't handle things they disagree with but here I am playing the unrealistically inclusive wizard game and enjoying myself while all the far-left gamers boycott it.
Couple of what I consider facts:
Its a consistently and egregiously marginalized community, I can't stress that fact enough.
The Potterverse is arguably the most beloved property created in the last 30 years by millions world wide.

So with that in mind, it is obvious that this was not a hill that an already marginalized community should die on. It was a HORRIBLE mistake to try and link the purchase of this game to supporting JKR or Anti-Trans movements. Too many degrees of separation for the general population to give a shit.

It pisses me off to no end, because it is already a marginalized community that is just marginalizing itself further in the eyes of the overall gaming community and society as a whole.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I only listened to angry joe review now the rest dont matter to me so waiting for that one

As for the review so far so good im going with ravenclaw

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
AM0aLxq.jpg

Lol so baldy bitch wrote a targeted attack article for Bloomberg and when called out about the hypocrisy for using a laptop to write the article which was made in a slave labor camp he blocked.

God how are game Journos this pathetic... like honestly how do they survive day to day.
He blocked me for disagreeing with him. Really funny for supposedly a “journalist”. Not like I was following him before. His tweet showed up on my feed and I replied very respectfully but got banned anyway.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Why are people so angry all the time?
Social media really did a number on humanity as a whole
I miss the days of when you said something dumb, it ended up with someone getting a punch in the face. Social media has taken accountability away, so the plebes can say whatever they want and walk away without a scratch.

Why are people so angry all the time?
Social media really did a number on humanity as a whole
Web 2.0 gave everyone a soapbox and a megaphone. Back in Web 1.0 if you wanted to spout your views you had to scour to find a like-minded forum/BBS or have the skills and money to make your own website.

jaysius

Banned

YIKES, Y’ALL. I don’t even smoke and I feel like I need a cigarette before I get this thing started. We’re here to talk about Hogwarts Legacy, and to do that we need to discuss the whole mess. Pull up a chair, pour yourself some tea, wrap yourself in a blanket, scream into a pillow (or the abyss), because this one’s gonna take a lot out of both of us. (Or get heavy.)

The tool didn't even play the game, the entire "review" is a rant.

Barely talks about the game at all.

Last edited:
I miss the days of when you said something dumb, it ended up with someone getting a punch in the face. Social media has taken accountability away, so the plebes can say whatever they want and walk away without a scratch.
Exactly. We need to invent a way to punch people across the internet lol. People think they can say whatever they want and get away with it.

Funny how I've never encountered any of these people in real life. I mean I've never had a conversation with anyone and they go all woke and shit. When these kind of people decide to get some sunshine and fresh air they all seem to gather in crowds. They are too cowardly to say shit to people face to face when they are alone and can't have someone to back up their bullshit. They know what will happen... either they won't get the attention they crave or they'll get their jaw cracked.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
AM0aLxq.jpg

Off topic but Piers Morgan is another one - he'll block anyone who doesn't agree with him or proves him fundamentally wrong (which is 99% of the time)

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
That Wired review is fucking wild, incredibly unprofessional and I'm betting that WB will rightfully not send them another code after that.
Hey I think it’s great.

For every person who reads that and thinks “I was waiting to see Wired’s review and they gave it 1/10, guess I won’t buy the game” there are probably 20 people thinking “wow these people are fucking bonkers and clearly aren’t reviewing the game based on its merits” and it’ll only raise their awareness and interest level.

drganon

It's amazing how people still don't understand the psychological effect of telling someone something is "bad" ( not in a quality perspective) and they shouldn't get it just makes them want it more.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

I saw this one earlier. This makes WIRED look worse in every possible way and only provides "confirmation" for the conspiracy nutters out there. I can at least respect WAYPOINT and the others who just said "We're not giving any oxygen to this. . ." but this is just journalistic malpractice period. Healthy subjectivity is good but there's no way in any form this is a "1/10 Game. . ." Just embarrassing.

In other words, a sex-obsessed, perverted deviant. Imagine my shock.

This. . .is not the burn you think it is. Yowza.

Top Bottom