• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy State of Play Announced

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Great news, one of my most anticipated game of this year !

Edit: lmao of course reeeeee is mad

unknown.png

JK Rowling's transphobic remarks: women are women.

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Harry potter is a great movie franchise but I admire their confidence in making a game out of it
Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

unknown.png

Jesus Christ I swear these idiots start there day by purposely stubbing there toe against something solid, just to have an excuse to bitch and moan about something. Clowns the lot of them.

ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

Sybrix

Harry potter is a great movie franchise but I admire their confidence in making a game out of it
Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars
The PS1/PS2 games were some of the best movie games ever.

An open world type 'Bully' Harry Potter game is something i have dreamed about for years.

An issue this game will have will be the JK haters and i really hope this game doesnt pander to them, however i fear they will and some sort of trans issue will be rammed down our throats in game in the form of the main story quests etc.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Honestly my hype diminished when I read the game had enemy camps and was following open world tropes. I dont know what I was expecting but its not that. I was hoping it would be more akin to traditional zelda where you have to go out to several large multilayer dungeons mixed with a hogwarts lesson based hub. We'll see .
hp cos for ps2 gc and x box plays like old school zelda its good

cormack12

Gold Member
Same thing will happen as did with Cyberpunk. They'll ban all posts about it, make a stupid OT and pinned post, then all the trans members will love it and buy it.

On topic, the idea kind of intrigues me. They need to nail the magic - not really sure what sort of games or quests they'll have you doing though. Or the big bad enemy.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This game looked really good two years ago, but after experiencing some cross gen games over the last couple of years, I dont have high hopes for this.

Also expect a massive downgrade. The physics stuff in the last trailer was too ambitious for last gen games.

Will tune in to watch era meltdown over a video game though.

I'm 100% expecting a MASSIVE downgrade. If it looks 90% as good as before, I'd be SHOCKED!!!

CheeseCake

unknown.png

I still don't understand what Rowling said that made her controversial, not sure if you or anyone else here can explain...?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Very cool. I don't usually pay attention to SoPs, but this is one I definitely want to watch.

itsnotme

I think the biggest question is why in the fuck do we need a PLAYSTATION state of play for a MULTIPLATFORM game. This isnt even a timed exclusive like Deathloop and Ghostwire tokyo. This is a straight up Xbox game.

What's next? A fifa state of play? Far Cry state of play? Someone mentioned how 11 out of the 12 games shown at the Japanese state of play were coming to PC on day one.
Maybe Sony bought the studio

LordCBH

The resetera pedos upset cause the creator of the series doesn’t buy into the “men can be women” bullshit lol

Fbh

I still don't understand what Rowling said that made her controversial, not sure if you or anyone else here can explain...?

There's a ton of tweets and comments and statements.
But from my understanding it essentially boils down to Rowling being of the opinion that while trans people should be respected and supported, there's a distinction between biological men/women and trans men/women.
She has also mentioned being concerned about the quickness with which hormone therapy and sex change surgery is being prescribed to kids/teens struggling with mental health issues.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
The resetera pedos upset cause the creator of the series doesn’t buy into the “men can be women” bullshit lol

All this because of a single tweet.

A single tweet is enought for them to judge amd crucify someone.

Top Bottom