• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy tops 2023 UK boxed charts (halts FIfa's 10 year dominance)

Blood Borne

Platform splits taken from Installbase

Hogwarts Legacy
PS5 39%, PS4 25%, Switch 22%, Xbox 9%

EA Sports FC 24
PS5 38%, PS4 25%, Switch 23%, Xbox 15%

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
PS5 50%, PS4 48%, Xbox 2%, Switch 0%

Sonic Superstars
Switch 52%, PS5 31%, Xbox 9%, PS4 7%

Just Dance 2024 Edition
Switch 97%, PS5 2%, Xbox 1%

Wreckfest
PS5 98%, Switch 1%, PS4 0%

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Switch 52%, PS5 35%, PS4 9%, Xbox 4%

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition
PC 93%, PS4 4%, Xbox 3%, Switch 0%

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition
Switch 46%, PS4 34%, Xbox 19%
Am I reading that right? PS4 sells more software than Series X? 😳

This bullshit makes this place as bad as that place, John doesn't like Open World games and he doesn't like Harry Potter, yet you lot hounded him for that, I don't like Harry Potter, does that make me a woke soy boy? He left Ree long ago too, he was sick of their shit too, John is just the kind of person who gets too involved with what haters say, and both here and ree there's plenty of haters.

Like this guy, the fact that you lot still think he's active on ree is hilarious.

By the way, you lot LOVE to bring up how John didn't cover it but why do you never seem to mention Ollie, who did cover it and said he liked it? It's almost like you prefer to screech about people having a different opinion, sort of like ree.
Like I stated before.…….John IS a woke soyboy.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
yet you've been spouting bs thats very outdated, just a few posts ago you claimed that John was on ree.
ok? I follow their technical stuff.
what does that changes?
I made one incorrect statement about what forum john is on? who cares?

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You should because you're the one making these statements, it makes you look like an ass when you're attacking someone for having a different opinion to yours and you can't even get the basics down.
I recommend reading this topic again:

If you think, I am making a fool of myself because I said John is user on resetera, you are fucking crazy and should get your priorities straight. DF is tech analysis website. i don't follow who is who. I KNOW HE WAS THERE at some point. That's enough for me.

... changing mind, "we don't have the game yet" and other excuses they made along the way to delay covering the game.... yeah, they don't have the fucking game. even I had the fucking game and they didn't? why not buy it with patreon money?!

Anyway. Remember whenever he covers open world game. if he is petty enough to lie, hate, make excuses and attack me and tons of other people... why should we forget what he said ?!
Fokgfh8WcAMlalh.jpg:large

YCoCg

I KNOW HE WAS THERE at some point. That's enough for me.
There were plenty of people that jumped over and then left and either stayed off forums or came back here though. You're the one stating John is still there when he hasn't been there for well over a year.

yeah, they don't have the fucking game. even I had the fucking game and they didn't? why not buy it with patreon money?!
And again with this dumb bullshit, so you're saying they should make an exception for this game? This game should game should get special treatment? They were told they'd be getting a code for the game but only after the first patch dropped as WB didn't want them touching the game in its release state. They've done requests like this before and after, you're essentially sat here screeching that they should've treated this game differently and given it more priority because why? You wanted ree to be butthurt? Listen to yourself, you're riding on the same delusion as ree just on the other side of the coin.

Anyway. Remember whenever he covers open world game.
Yeah, he always mentions this in his videos, which you claim you watch, so you must have the attention span of a goldfish, even when asked to comment on the recent Avatar game one of the negatives he said about it was that it's the Ubisoft Open World formula that he's not a fan of. He's been consistent in his view, which is more than I can say about you.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
There were plenty of people that jumped over and then left and either stayed off forums or came back here though. You're the one stating John is still there when he hasn't been there for well over a year.

And again with this dumb bullshit, so you're saying they should make an exception for this game? This game should game should get special treatment? They were told they'd be getting a code for the game but only after the first patch dropped as WB didn't want them touching the game in its release state. They've done requests like this before and after, you're essentially sat here screeching that they should've treated this game differently and given it more priority because why? You wanted ree to be butthurt? Listen to yourself, you're riding on the same delusion as ree just on the other side of the coin.

Yeah, he always mentions this in his videos, which you claim you watch, so you must have the attention span of a goldfish, even when asked to comment on the recent Avatar game one of the negatives he said about it was that it's the Ubisoft Open World formula that he's not a fan of. He's been consistent in his view, which is more than I can say about you.
whatever

But Ollie said he liked the game? Why is that always glossed over? One person doesn't like so fuck the entire team, including the people who do like it? Makes sense, cancelling an entire place over the opinion of one person.
Other reasons beside John's cowardice, like just their pixel counting nature. I just don't mesh with that ideology.

Topher

Gold Member
But Ollie said he liked the game? Why is that always glossed over? One person doesn't like so fuck the entire team, including the people who do like it? Makes sense, cancelling an entire place over the opinion of one person.

I don't know anyone that watches DF for their likes/dislikes. Folks watch DF for their technical analysis. Did anyone at DF cover the game at all from a technical standpoint?

YCoCg

I don't know anyone that watches DF for their likes/dislikes. Folks watch DF for their technical analysis. Did anyone at DF cover the game at all from a technical standpoint?
Yes, Richard did. Surely that alone says everything, you know more about the hate towards DF and how John didn't want to review it BUT didn't know that Richard did a technical breakdown of it and Ollie spoke positively of it.

Topher

Gold Member
Yes, Richard did. Surely that alone says everything, you know more about the hate towards DF and how John didn't want to review it BUT didn't know that Richard did a technical breakdown of it and Ollie spoke positively of it.

Ah....ok. I think John should have simply tweeted that others on the DF were covering the game and left it at that.

I recommend reading this topic again:

If you think, I am making a fool of myself because I said John is user on resetera, you are fucking crazy and should get your priorities straight. DF is tech analysis website. i don't follow who is who. I KNOW HE WAS THERE at some point. That's enough for me.

... changing mind, "we don't have the game yet" and other excuses they made along the way to delay covering the game.... yeah, they don't have the fucking game. even I had the fucking game and they didn't? why not buy it with patreon money?!

Anyway. Remember whenever he covers open world game. if he is petty enough to lie, hate, make excuses and attack me and tons of other people... why should we forget what he said ?!
Fokgfh8WcAMlalh.jpg:large
LOL no wonder he can't cut it on Internet forums, a douchebag like that can only be on Twatter

GHG

Richard did, both Alex and John refused to touch it.

It's especially hilarious because had Alex have covered it then it would have been guaranteed to earn a spot in their worst PC ports of the year feature/list.

Both John and Alex concern themselves with what resetera think.

Ah....ok. I think John should have simply tweeted that others on the DF were covering the game and left it at that.
Agreed. The fact that he thought he had to make a salty hate tweet tells me he knew it was a mistake to bend the knee in the first place.

Topher

Gold Member

It's especially hilarious because had Alex have covered it then it would have been guaranteed to earn a spot in their worst PC ports of the year feature/list.

Looks like Ollie covered the Switch version. Getting to where I really like Ollie most out of all those guys as he just does his job and doesn't get involved with era or twitter drama.

To be as completely fair as humanly possible, the entire gaming media concerns themselves with what Ree thinks and colluded together to collectively ignore HL. TGA also ignored HL because their voters are all from the gaming media. So while John is certainly a douchebag with that Twatter post, the reality is that DF, which is a part of hyper-woke Eurogamer, was merely going along with what literally the entire gaming media was doing except IGN. I still think it's hilarious that IGN ended up being the only gaming media outlet that reviewed HL when it was released, not sure how that happened but it's arguably the best thing IGN has done in 20 years.

I do think it's funny that the gaming media is a generally dying collective with many outlets losing money and laying people off or closing up shop and their solution to this is to refuse to cover games that Ree are ideologically opposed to. Yes, the answer to no one caring about them is for them to stop doing their jobs! That'll show those filthy gamers, bunch of ingrates who want to play video games instead of having political ideologies crammed down their throats!

Last edited:
'harry potter fucking sucks. it's children bullshit...'

so i take it that spider-man (aka 'children bullshit based on a fucking comic book') isn't, as a full-grown man, beneath him?:

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...ider-man-2-the-digital-foundry-tech-interview

if you wanna come off as 'mature' (particularly when discussing video game related topics), you should be very cautious in offhandedly labeling other people's work as 'children bullshit'. because, guess what? most video games continue to consist of basically just that, with very few aspiring to be any more genuinely 'mature' than the harry potter books themselves...

GHG

Looks like Ollie covered the Switch version. Getting to where I really like Ollie most out of all those guys as he just does his job and doesn't get involved with era or twitter drama.

Yeh, I think Tom isn't too bad either.

Both Alex and John are horribly soft centered, quintessential soy-boys.

laynelane

It's wonderful to see the game do so well for many reasons. A big one for me, though, is it shows that an obnoxious, vocal minority cannot control which games do well and which don't. They certainly tried with this game, as did many gaming "journalists" (either through outrage articles or minimal/no coverage). That negativity gets amplified on the internet, but it's great to see how it doesn't translate to real world results. I hope publishers and developers are noting this.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeh, I think Tom isn't too bad either.

Both Alex and John are horribly soft centered, quintessential soy-boys.
Tom and Ollie only get smaller games sadly. They do good job.
I like the boss too. he is to the point.
John makes good content too, especially retro stuff.

Alex is insufferable.... although he knows his stuff... but still

rexel229

Neo Member
John is a soyboy and was offended by Hogwarts like all the other clowns over at Resetera who banned any discussions about the game. He had to hate on it and make sure his fellow hateful groupthink sheep heard him as to keep in good standing with them.
Deleted

Last edited:

GHG

'harry potter fucking sucks. it's children bullshit...'

so i take it that spider-man (aka 'children bullshit based on a fucking comic book') isn't, as a full-grown man, beneath him?:

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...ider-man-2-the-digital-foundry-tech-interview

if you wanna come off as 'mature' (particularly when discussing video game related topics), you should be very cautious in offhandedly labeling other people's work as 'children bullshit'. because, guess what? most video games continue to consist of basically just that, with very few aspiring to be any more genuinely 'mature' than the harry potter books themselves...

That's the thing, he's covered open world games before and stated he's enjoyed them (he even gave an honorable mention to Horizon Burning Shores in their best graphics of 2023 video, and said he enjoyed it).

He will also cover more open world games in the future both as part of his job and his hobby.

He's full of shit.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

Rich did. The only one with integrity there I believe.
And not that I'm against John either, I like his content, specially the Retro ones. But people can't expect me to defend or side with him when he does his mental outbursts.

Mortisfacio

Good to see that despite the online rage over this, off the internet, majority of gamers don't seem to care at all about "social issues" surrounding games.

That's the thing, he's covered open world games before and stated he's enjoyed them (he even gave an honorable mention to Horizon Burning Shores in their best graphics of 2023 video, and said he enjoyed it).

He will also cover more open world games in the future both as part of his job and his hobby.

He's full of shit.
yeah. that he'd feel that the horizon series somehow isn't children bullshit every bit as much as potter is kinda pathetic...

Ozzie666

Rich did. The only one with integrity there I believe.
And not that I'm against John either, I like his content, specially the Retro ones. But people can't expect me to defend or side with him when he does his mental outbursts.

I find it funny that JL claimed HP is childern's material, yet if we look at some of those old retro titles, they are pretty childish too. He needs to stick to what he loves, retro games and older games. It's obvious this topic was to nuclear for them (the entire company) to cover at the time, so why not just say that or say nothing at all. It definietely wasn't the most calculated of responses and came from a place of anger.

PeteBull

Jesus fucking Christ, is that a real tweet?!!

No matter what you think about JK Rowling and Harry Potter, you have to credit that series with massively increasing the interest in books and reading in both children AND adults. Literacy rates rose massively during the years those books were being published.
Its real, he deleted it later but its what he posted, aka whats his real thoughts were/are lol xD

StereoVsn

It’s a great game for Harry Potter fans. My kids loved the castle, liked the combat and got bored with all the fetch quests and grinding. They were also upset that there was no Quidditch, lol.

I also thought Hogwarts design was amazing. The game should have definitely gotten nominated for visual design. Anyways, great game and glad to see it do well.

As far as DF drama, I genuinely like their content. Not sure why they really wanted to get caught up in all the BS around this particular topic.

SimTourist

Platform splits taken from Installbase

Hogwarts Legacy
PS5 39%, PS4 25%, Switch 22%, Xbox 9%

EA Sports FC 24
PS5 38%, PS4 25%, Switch 23%, Xbox 15%

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
PS5 50%, PS4 48%, Xbox 2%, Switch 0%

Sonic Superstars
Switch 52%, PS5 31%, Xbox 9%, PS4 7%

Just Dance 2024 Edition
Switch 97%, PS5 2%, Xbox 1%

Wreckfest
PS5 98%, Switch 1%, PS4 0%

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Switch 52%, PS5 35%, PS4 9%, Xbox 4%

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition
PC 93%, PS4 4%, Xbox 3%, Switch 0%

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition
Switch 46%, PS4 34%, Xbox 19%
Damn, at some point releasing games on Xbox will not even make financial sense.

Top Bottom