• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollow Knight SilkSong is coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

Lognor

Banned
At least it'll hit the bargain bin even quicker than the first one. Weird how even after all the success they don't seem to trust the potential of their games.
No it won't. I bought it on switch day one for $5. You won't beat that.

yurinka

But WHEN
Lets Go Time GIF by NETFLIX
In theory the games shown there are going to be released maximum 1 year from now.

Last edited:

HYDE

Banned
It's a good get, but the first game did nothing for me. The 2nd looks almost identical to it, with more combat.

I'll try it out and see if it's improved. Personally I think the first is wildly overrated. Hard to play most Metroidvanias after Dread.
Hollow Knight is definitely not overrated and I love Metroid. I think you maybe didn’t make it far enough into the game, or the map frustrated you perhaps?
Give it another try, it’s one of the GOATS easily.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Dread was okay. Returns was pure ass.
Go play bloodstained.

Bloodstained was great. But still missing some of that Castlevania charm.

Hollow Knight was definitely at that level or higher depending on your personal preferences IMO.

Belthazar

Fuck Gamepass, BUY THIS GAME PEOPLE! If there is ever a dev that deserves our money it's these guys, will likely double dip again depending on all platforms it comes too.

I will, when it's like $5. If they're willing to give it on a subscription service then they're most likely willing to go deep with discounts very quickly. No reason to buy it at full price when it's going to be really cheap really quickly

mxbison

Fuck Gamepass, BUY THIS GAME PEOPLE! If there is ever a dev that deserves our money it's these guys, will likely double dip again depending on all platforms it comes too.

Hollow Knight didn't click for me the first time I attempted it, but upon a second try at the game, fell in love with everything in there (Outside of NMKG...fuck that guy)

Why? The devs decided to take the GamePass deal and since the game was pretty much guaranteed to sell a lot I'm guessing it was very good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom