• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollywood Video employees, come in (Rez related)

Matlock

Banned
Is it possible to buy the games on the rental racks? There's a copy of Rez that's pristine (had it once) and I'm wondering:

A) If I could purchase it
B) How much it'd set me back

Also of note, this is a Hollywood connected to a GameCrazy, dunno if that'd make it any different.

Matlock said:
Is it possible to buy the games on the rental racks? There's a copy of Rez that's pristine (had it once) and I'm wondering:

A) If I could purchase it
B) How much it'd set me back

Also of note, this is a Hollywood connected to a GameCrazy, dunno if that'd make it any different.

How much would it cost if you rented it and never brought it back? Nevermind, then you wouldn't get the original case.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
VisionaryQuest0 said:
Why don't you just ask the employees in the store?

maybe he's afraid of the employees going home afterward and posting on a message board about "this dumbass that wanted to buy a game that was CLEARLY on the rental shelf"

Matlock

Banned
VisionaryQuest0 said:
Why don't you just ask the employees in the store?

Well, I'm going there tomorrow to return some rentals, but thought I'd ask here first (as there are some HV kids) so I'd have appropriate funds.

mdm said:
Import DC Rez

Or JPN PS2 Rez for $20 at play-asia

I hate importing games. :p

distantmantra said:
How much would it cost if you rented it and never brought it back? Nevermind, then you wouldn't get the original case.

I wouldn't in this case either, I'm not too concerned about cases.

Berto2K

Technically no its not possible (unless your able to talk the store manager into it). But over time, it will get moved over to be sold.

Berto2K said:
Technically no its not possible (unless your able to talk the store manager into it). But over time, it will get moved over to be sold.

I actually meant the game cover, not the case. Then just rent it and say you lost it. Don't they charge you $50 or so as a replacement fee?

Matlock

Banned
distantmantra said:
I actually meant the game cover, not the case. Then just rent it and say you lost it. Don't they charge you $50 or so as a replacement fee?

Fucking my credit rating and paying more than $50 for a rental case copy of a game is stupid beyond words. :lol

Matlock said:
Fucking my credit rating and paying more than $50 for a rental case copy of a game is stupid beyond words. :lol

I've never rented a game, nor do I rent movies. I didn't realize it screws your credit rating.

Berto2K

distantmantra said:
And I was talking about the game itself. :)
There is no way at all that I am aware of to buy the litho since we only get a few of them for the display case place holders. But, if you happen to get get a rental copy that has the real litho in it by chance, and it happened to get lost, its not as big of a problem. ;)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Why would losing a game and then paying for it do anything to your credit rating? I mean, I can understand folks who lose and don't pay, or have a balance they haven't paid in ages... but I can't understand why/how your credit rating would be tainted by losing a game and paying for its replacement.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
DavidDayton said:
Why would losing a game and then paying for it do anything to your credit rating? I mean, I can understand folks who lose and don't pay, or have a balance they haven't paid in ages... but I can't understand why/how your credit rating would be tainted by losing a game and paying for its replacement.

it wouldn't.

Matlock said:

would it fuck up your credit if you just went in a couple days later and said you lost it or something and asked how you could pay for it?

GFord

jooey said:
maybe he's afraid of the employees going home afterward and posting on a message board about "this dumbass that wanted to buy a game that was CLEARLY on the rental shelf"

:lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom