• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holoride releases new €699 VR platform for Audis in Germany. Coming to the US in early 2023.

https://www.auganix.org/holorides-i...m-launches-for-select-audi-models-in-germany/
holoride, a provider of extended reality (XR) in-vehicle entertainment technology, has recently announced the release of its platform in Germany. Coming to select Audi vehicles* in mid-November, the add-on package combines a high-end virtual reality (VR) space with a moving car to create an immersive experience for passengers. Passengers will be able to enjoy a variety of games and apps that all use live ride info to bring VR content to life in a completely new media paradigm, which the company has dubbed “Elastic Content.”

Combining the immersive qualities of VR with real-time vehicle data, holoride is an always-in-motion virtual space, or “Motorverse,” where riders can experience interactive and passive content that reacts to both them and the motion of the car.

“Despite amazing advances in automotive technology over the last few decades, passenger experience and in-car entertainment has remained largely the same,” said Nils Wollny, CEO and co-founder at holoride. “With the introduction of holoride, we are not only elevating that stale experience; we are redefining how you spend your time on the go. I couldn’t be more excited for riders to finally enjoy the thrills of the Motorverse for themselves.”

The first experience available to holoride users at launch will be “Cloudbreakers: Leaving Haven” from Schell Games, the studio that brought Among Us to VR. Leveraging holoride’s Elastic Content offering, the Cloudbreakers experience will see players guide a flying robot through the skies whilst gathering scrap and blasting A.I. sentries as they simultaneously travel to their real-world destination.
casual_experience.png

Those HTC flow glasses are much larger than I though they were.

At launch, the holoride offering will be available as part of a “Pioneers’ Pack,” which is priced at EUR €699. The package is available now for customers in Germany at shop.holoride.com.

The Pioneers’ Pack includes:

• HTC VIVE Flow: lightweight and easy to wear VR glasses that supports holoride’s entertainment service;
  • 8BitDo Pro 2 Gamepad: offers a familiar user experience in a classic controller design;
  • Safety strap: connected to the seatbelt, the strap provides safety during unexpected events while driving;
  • A one-year subscription to the holoride platform.
Packshot_Pioneers_-Pack.png

I'm not sure who the target audience is where they would want to pay 699 Euros to play VR in a car, but considering the funding this company got to release it, there must be some market for it in Germany.

After the first year, holoride subscriptions will be available for a monthly fee (EUR €19.99 per month) or yearly upfront payment (equalling EUR €14.99 per month). Both options unlock access to an ever-growing content catalog, with further content to be added in subsequent weeks and months, according to the company. Additionally, the holoride browser and a phone mirroring feature will enable users to access their digital life to a 180-inch virtual screen, allowing them to stream shows and stay connected via social apps from within the holoride platform.

Starting with Germany, holoride stated that it will be adding further markets beginning with the US in early 2023, followed by more European and Asian markets in the course of the year. For more information on holoride and its’ virtual reality in-car entertainment platform, please visit the company’s website.

They'll be releasing this in the US in 2023. Anyone here excited to pay $700 to play VR in a car? Maybe this is a much bigger deal than I'm thinking, and there's a large audience for car VR.

feynoob

Banned
They can afford it. And that is the big problem. As long as they have the money, they dont care about why. They get some sort of satisfaction of being able to afford it.

Its like that guy, who keeps buying expensive shoes, which he doesnt wear, and just shelves it.

Its like that guy, who keeps buying expensive shoes, which he doesnt wear, and just shelves it.

Lots of poorer people who can't afford those shoes by those shoes just to say they brought those shoes and shelved it. Jordans and special edition shoes by celebrities being the key culprits.

Top Bottom