• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit, I'm going to japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachinko

Seriously, I'm trying hard to keep my excitement and nervousness at a lower level. I tend to get sick if I get too worked up over things. In less then 10 hours I'll be on the first of 3 planes on my way to tokyo. This is totally sweet.

Not that more then maybe 3 of you know me well enough by my username to care but I won't be back for a couple weeks after this. It'd be sweet if I could meet some of you japan goers while I"m there but in 20 minutes this computer is going offline :(

Ah well, wish me luck at LAX ...

belgurdo

Banned
Bring me back a couple of these

miko.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Well, one thing's for sure: This was WEIRD. Why was it cool today, anyway? Typhoon?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well at 6 this morning it started raining like I have never seen before....being from the drizzle state and all that

XS+

Banned
Just a cold front over the Kanto plain (and there were a few typhoons going on in Okinawa this week). Summer climate tends to end pretty quickly in Japan thanks to late-summer cold fronts.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Thank god for that. Being from Toronto, 40 consecutive days of 30+ weather and 70% humidity was pissing the shit out of me.

Lyte Edge

Blackace said:
Well at 6 this morning it started raining like I have never seen before....being from the drizzle state and all that

Sucked...I was supposed to go to some temple for a big event, but I passed when I woke up and saw the rain. Didn't do crap today. As a matter of fact, I went back to sleep, and somehow slept so much it was FOUR PM when I woke up. o_O

Troidal

Yeah it was pretty cool today...a sign of things to come this autumn. Ah the dried autumn leaves...

And so much for the summer obon break. Back to work tomorrow for everybody.

XS+

Banned
Bah, I hate the fall/winter in Japan. You won't see a warm day for months, there'll be times when you won't see clear blue sky for weeks, all the plants are dying, etc.. depressing stuff.

Bring back THE HEAT dammit

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
XS+ said:
Bah, I hate the fall/winter in Japan. You won't see a warm day for months, there'll be times when you won't see clear blue sky for weeks, all the plants are dying, etc.. depressing stuff.

Just like home! Yee haw!! Seattle is also like that... just doesn't rain as hard... just drizzles always.. but at least we have trees...

Lyte Edge

XS+ said:

But I'm going back home on thursday....more warm weather until the end of the year HAW HAW HAW

(But Japan is a cooler place to be. :( )

cvxfreak

Ah, Japan. I remember how excited I was when the day of the flight finally came. My trip went by too fast unfortunately, but luckily I'm staying longer next year.

GDGF

Soothsayer
It's been six years since I was in Japan. To this day, the two weeks I spent there were the best vacation I ever had. If your friends don't want to take you into the heart of Shinjuku at night, don't take no for an answer. Oh, and beware the 800 yen glass of (nonrefillable) ice tea.

Shouta

Jeez, figures that a month after i leave, the weather cools down. I wanted it to be cool so I could do all my walking around >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom