• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon complete edition available today for free (Play at Home initiative)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...update-10-free-games-to-download-this-spring/

Reminder for anyone who wanted to grab this and missed the announcement

32481935451_106993d3f4_h.jpg

Starting April 19, 2021​

But there’s more to come later this spring. Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition will be available for free download between April 19 8:00pm PT / April 20 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST and May 14 8:00pm Pacific Time / May 15 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST.

dottme

Source: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...update-10-free-games-to-download-this-spring/

Starting April 19, 2021​

But there’s more to come later this spring. Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition will be available for free download between April 19 8:00pm PT / April 20 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST and May 14 8:00pm Pacific Time / May 15 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST.
You’re a little early. 10 more minutes to wait.

splattered

For some reason Enter the Gungeon, Rez Infinite, and Thumper all say unavailable for purchase. I already own all of these but it says i can't buy them. I own Abzu already for example and it says i can download from Library, yet the three games mentioned above just straight up say i can't do anything with them. Maybe they are about to rotate out?

Please don't waste your time. There's a reason why they're giving this game away for free and why you can find the complete edition for $9.99.

This game is one of the most overrated games I've ever played. It's just some "open" world generic bs.

If after reading this you still wanna play it I advice you to not do side quests, as there are only like 3 different types and then repeat themselves over and over, and just go through the main mission.

Seriously, you will thank me.

GHG

Gold Member
Please don't waste your time. There's a reason why they're giving this game away for free and why you can find the complete edition for $9.99.

This game is one of the most overrated games I've ever played. It's just some "open" world generic bs.

If after reading this you still wanna play it I advice you to not do side quests, as there are only like 3 different types and then repeat themselves over and over, and just go through the main mission.

tenor.gif

Dude, it's free. Let people try it out and decide for themselves. :pie_eyeroll:

Flutta

Banned

wtf is this shitpost. Let people decide for themselves.

Also game is good, dont listen to this crazy post 😂

scydrex

Dude is free... If you don´t liked it well we have different taste no? Let the people get it for free and try it themselves.

Orta

Banned
After the E3 reveal a few years ago I bought a PS4 purely for Horizon ZD. "True next gen" I thought.

Then it got delayed and I lost interest and ended up with a €300 dust catcher.

I've since bought it on PC where of course its languishing in my backlog.

*sigh*

Dr.Morris79

Starting April 19, 2021​

You're an officer and a gentleman squire. Having some of this.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I'll definitely replay it at some point, because I never bought The Frozen Wilds DLC. Plus it's been several years since my first (and only) playthrough so it should be nice to rediscover some things.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Was confused until I read it's not until 8PM tonight pacific time..

Have the game on disk but didn't get far before quitting.. will snag the digi and check it out.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
wtf is this shitpost. Let people decide for themselves.

Also game is good, dont listen to this crazy post 😂
Eeer I deeply detested it personally and never finished for the boredom. First time it's happened in a Sony exclusive. Hope the sequel improve massively the whole structure, because an RPG can't just rely to a specific gameplay mechanics (hunting the machine) leaving the rest in a mediocre state. The battles against the others humans enemies are awful. This game is frankly terrible outside hunt the machines.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I think I need to replay this, perfect time and I can be lazy and not use moy disc.

iHaunter

Because it's old. And they want people to play the original so they buy the Second game. This might be the dumbest take I've ever seen on here.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What if I already own the base version of the game digitally? Usually that means you can't "buy" any free version of the same game. So that would mean that if I want the DLC I have to pay for it, while everyone who never bought the game gets it for free?

Anyway, how do you actually download these? They're not available in the PS app it seems. Do I have to do it from a console?

Last edited:

MilkLizard

Lol what kind of post is this? It didn’t do much for me either and I abandoned it after 10hrs but I recognize that’s on me. It’s a good game, just not for us. Different strokes dor different folks.

Mithos

What if I already own the base version of the game digitally? Usually that means you can't "buy" any free version of the same game. So that would mean that if I want the DLC I have to pay for it, while everyone who never bought the game gets it for free?

Anyway, how do you actually download these? They're not available in the PS app it seems. Do I have to do it from a console?

Probably not up in Sweden yet.
Have checked through the website and trough the store on my PS4 Pro (still a pricetag on the game)

BUT I have been able to "claim" games that I already "owned" through an active PS+ subscription (couldn't do that before), so you might be able to get the "complete edition" even if you already own the original (hopefully).

Have checked through the website and trough the store on my PS4 Pro (still a pricetag on the game)

BUT I have been able to "claim" games that I already "owned" through an active PS+ subscription (couldn't do that before), so you might be able to get the "complete edition" even if you already own the original (hopefully).
I think it lets you claim games that end up permanently on your acc - Ps+ games are only active if you have an active sub, so there is a differentiation.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Yeah, but I can't even get the indie games that are supposed to be free. This page doesn't actually link to the games: https://www.playstation.com/sv-se/play-at-home/

Edit: Ok, here they are: https://store.playstation.com/sv-se/category/9779f12f-50c8-4c07-8d20-47e21293b6c6/1

Edit 2: I can't get The Witness or R&C, because I already own them. So probably it will be the same with Horizon, and I'm screwed out of the DLC. Or does the regular version and the complete edition count as separate games?

Last edited:

MilkLizard

Yep, just checked and seems you’re right. Says not available for purchase for me and the DLC is 15€. Personally don’t care but that’s kinda lame I must admit.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

source.gif

Anyway, one of the greatest games of last gen, hope it gets the 60fps update. Finished everything in the game + DLC, so not going back to it. It's another generous offering from Sony with their free games lately that don't even require PS Plus as a paywall.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yep, just checked and seems you’re right. Says not available for purchase for me and the DLC is 15€. Personally don’t care but that’s kinda lame I must admit.

Figures. They should just make the DLC free too, to cover this situation. I mean, why not, if the complete edition is free?

cormack12

Gold Member
Figures. They should just make the DLC free too, to cover this situation. I mean, why not, if the complete edition is free?

Where are you based? I'm in UK and it's not available until 04:00 tomorrow for us

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition will be available for free download between April 19 8:00pm PT / April 20 04:00 BST

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Back in 2017, it was easily the best looking game ever made. Since then several games like RDR2, TLOU2 and GoW have topped it because the gorgeous art direction still blows me away whenever i look at the old screenshots ive captured.

Gameplay wise, it's one of the best open world combat systems ever made. The enemy design is absolutely fantastic. Everyone of the 20 or so dinobot types feel thrilling to fight. And the entire world is full of them. Which makes going from one point to another a thrill and an adventure on its own. It's unlike most open world games in that regard which have you climb on a horse or car and just drive to the next mission startpoint.

There are some issues like lack of dynamic side quests, and most side characters dont really feel memorable, but the DLC fixes most of those complaints. I wish the RPG elements were more fleshed out but its an action adventure game with dialogue choices and sometimes thats ok.

The combat, visuals and story is what carries this game, and I cannot recommend it enough.

Top Bottom