• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West: An authentic world

I'd not keep my hopes up, this is a ps4-first game after all. So just expect high res, 60 fps, faster loading, maybe better texture filtering and better lighting.

They said the water tech they developed is specifically on the ps5, the waves and underwater sections will look different. They also said theres more density in foliage/environments, there will be improved speech mocap due to being able to implant more muscles in their faces, and the lighting system that stays on aloy is also only on ps5.

So that on top of the better framerate, loading, and res. That’s pretty good. It will be like the difference between forza horizon 5 between gens

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Cool stuff; guy who wrote this needs to relax on use of "authentic" though.

It's just.. sort of an out of place descriptor for what he's describing lol Like the dev used it in a quote and then the community manager just ran with it.

Is that a new machine in the bottom right on the second gif?

I think thats the new machine that you saw swimming around in the gameplay preview. Its called a borrower or something.

Dunno that gif looks the same, the gif from the trailer in the forest area looks leagues better then the original tho.

This game looks a generational leap over the previous game.

I think some of those enviornments will look a lot better from the character pov

Last edited:
I think thats the new machine that you saw swimming around in the gameplay preview. Its called a borrower or something.

This game looks a generational leap over the previous game.

I think some of those enviornments will look a lot better from the character pov
Yeah your right it looks really similar

Jigsaah

Gold Member
We all played it on the ps4. Imagine it just came out lol.
I tried the pc version and it feels a bit weird.
Gotta try the ps5 patch version
Man, I loved HZD on PC. I couldn't bring myself to finish it on PS4. The increased framerate and higher fidelity graphics made it a real treat. Being able to more precisely target the parts of the robots felt really good as well.

If I had a PS5 i'd probably double dip on the sequel as well. Not tryna wait for this game, but if I don't get one this Christmas I might have to.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Man, I loved HZD on PC. I couldn't bring myself to finish it on PS4. The increased framerate and higher fidelity graphics made it a real treat. Being able to more precisely target the parts of the robots felt really good as well.

If I had a PS5 i'd probably double dip on the sequel as well. Not tryna wait for this game, but if I don't get one this Christmas I might have to.
Yeah the precise aiming at high fps is great on pc.

John Wick

Dunno that gif looks the same, the gif from the trailer in the forest area looks leagues better then the original tho.
I think some people are going to be surprised when they see the finished game. That State of Play footage was still rough and seemed an earlier build of the game.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Man this is sure to be fantastic for PS5 players... it would of been even more fantastic without a prior gen console holding it all back of course but here we are.

Can't wait to feel like I'm playing a multigen Ubisoft title. Every time I see myself sneaking through a tight space or squeezing under a small hole in a wall I will think "wow there really hiding those loading screens for the PS4 well in my PS5 game"

Last edited:
The first game was pretty good but the world was very static and boring. You never really come across anything interesting happening in the world. Sometimes you see random dudes fighting dinosaurs but that gets old fast. In the towns you can jump on NPCs heads and they don't react.

Because it's cross-gen I am unfortunately expecting the same again. Can I push those NPCs off the bridge?

GymWolf

The first game was pretty good but the world was very static and boring. You never really come across anything interesting happening in the world. Sometimes you see random dudes fighting dinosaurs but that gets old fast. In the towns you can jump on NPCs heads and they don't react.

Because it's cross-gen I am unfortunately expecting the same again. Can I push those NPCs off the bridge?
It was not an hardware problem, many open world have scripted and dynamic events.

It was probably a mix of lack of time\money, the need to build a world from zero with a new engine and different priorities.

I think the sequel is gonna be what the original idea for zero dawn was, like many sequel who are a gigantic upgrade over the first title.

But yeah, to see the game in his final form we have to wait for the third game in 5 years from now ( if jimbo doesn't decide to keep crossgen alive for the entire gen of course)

I doubt that you are gonna be able to do gta5\rdr2 stuff with npcs like pushing them around with adeguate reactions.

At best you are gonna have a precanned animation when they stumble and get mad at you, i predict the same stiffness of the first title when it comes to npcs interactions unfortunately.

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
All aboard the hype train my fellow blue brothers and sisters.

siNC2lU.gif

SOON

Last edited:
The GIF isn’t a good judge of the game but the below trailer shows a big step up over its predecessor.

I'm being completely genuine when I say her face looks eerily similar to my freckle faced nephew. I'd post a picture but I don't want one of your jerks making it into your avatar.

Its uncanny...

GymWolf

I'm being completely genuine when I say her face looks eerily similar to my freckle faced nephew. I'd post a picture but I don't want one of your jerks making it into your avatar.

Its uncanny...
I mean, she is vaguely modeled on a real life actress.

Focus on vaguely tho.

Lokaum D+

Dont think i can stand Aloy for a whole new game, dont metter how beatiful the world is crafted, i think she is the worst Sony MC last gen.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Dont think i can stand Aloy for a hole new game, dont metter how beatiful the world is craftes, i think she is the worst Sony MC last gen.
wtf, how? lol

forums make me realize people are hella weird.
I just dont like her, it like she dosent have a soul, dont like her design, "attitude", i couldnt care less for her at all, for me she just dosnt work.

Top Bottom