• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores is available to pre-order today, pre-order bonuses detailed

PanzerCute

Zero dawn wasn’t good. They only decent thing is some of the world building. The quests and plot were boring.
I haven’t played forbidden west so I can’t directly comment on that. Just seems a lot of people didn’t like it.
Nah it was good, not perfect by any means but still good. I felt involved in the story from start to finish, got to love the character instantly and I found the "revelation" moment really well done.

That's more than 90% of its competition imo (lite AAA open world arpg)

But yes, thats not on par with top WRPGs or Rockstar games, thats for sure.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
Zero dawn wasn’t good. They only decent thing is some of the world building. The quests and plot were boring.
I haven’t played forbidden west so I can’t directly comment on that. Just seems a lot of people didn’t like it.
ZD wasn't very good. But with FW, they seemed to address that based on my playthrough. At least it's better I should say.

Elios83

Definetly getting this, hopefully it's a more dense experience compared to the main game that I enjoyed but had too many fillers.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Surprising that they made this so you MUST complete the main game. That’s a requirement that will alienate some potential players. I might have given this a chance for the technical showcase but I seriously doubt I’ll ever bring myself to finish FW so that’s a deal breaker for me personally.

jm89

My sense is people are saving their money for collectors or gold editions.
snoop-dogg.gif

Gambit2483

This is getting a physical release, right, because the steelbook special edition of Forbidden West I own for PS5 has an empty disc holder and I always assumed that was reserved for the DLC expansion.

Good question but I doubt it (not separately at least)

Last edited:

mitchman

Gold Member
Surprising that they made this so you MUST complete the main game. That’s a requirement that will alienate some potential players. I might have given this a chance for the technical showcase but I seriously doubt I’ll ever bring myself to finish FW so that’s a deal breaker for me personally.
You need the flyer for the DLC, and you only get that towards the tail end of the main story.

Preorder DLC for a DLC? Destiny probably did it too now that I think about it. Still seems very rare. Surprised it’s not more common.

Hope they fired the writers of the sequel and hired new people for this DLC. Writing was so bad in Forbidden West... (and so good in Zero Dawn)

Was it good in Zero Dawn? I guess I’m on the final mission in FW and it seems just as shitty as the writing was in the first game, there’s just so much more of it in the sequel. I think they took the complaints from the first game about there not being any good NPCs or really any good side quests and they decided to flood the game with a hundred NPCs and a hundred side quests. And I guess it worked, there are a couple of cool characters and maybe a couple cool side quests, but the game is also loaded now with even more characters I don’t care about and more shitty quests.

And the art 😆😆😆 Did they use AI to do the art? I hope so. It’s so bad. The game world does seem a lot better in this one.

The core gameplay loop is at least pretty good, just smashing up robots. Just ignore everything else.

scydrex

Why there is no gameplay or any info about the dlc? I would preoder it but waiting for any info of how much content and see more... is it so hard Sony?

Last edited:

Puscifer

Gold Member
Unless they offer pre-loading and you're in a area with bad internet the idea of pre-ordering digital items is will always be hilarious.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'm old, but the whole point of preordering was so that you knew you had the game when it came out, and you could go there and get it, and not worry about stores being out of stock or whatever, especially for a popular game like FF7. What the hell is the point of preordering a digital DLC, like holy shit these companies have lost the plot

Umbasaborne

Banned
Should we be concerned™?
Its just weird that they arent showing gameplay. You know, not everyone who isn’t blindly hyped by the things your favorite brand puts out is a troll right? If you think I am then go cry to a mod about it. I platinumed forbidden west. They spoke a big game about how this expansion will use the power of the ps5, i would think they would have shown us how by now since we are a month out. I have no doubt it will be pretty and look nice, but what is the ps5 doing for this expansion that wouldnt have been possible cross gen?

Concern trolling is a phrase created by insecure fan boys meant to dismiss any criticism directed at their favorite games or brands. And they like to waive it around as a threat, like oh you dont think the new resident evil looks good? How about i report you to a mod for “concern trolling” REEE was full of that trash.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Its just weird that they arent showing gameplay. You know, not everyone who isn’t blindly hyped by the things your favorite brand puts out is a troll right? If you think I am then go cry to a mod about it. I platinumed forbidden west. They spoke a big game about how this expansion will use the power of the ps5, i would think they would have shown us how by now since we are a month out. I have no doubt it will be pretty and look nice, but what is the ps5 doing for this expansion that wouldnt have been possible cross gen?
true detective mel GIF

Freeman76

The gameworld is great in these but damn I just cant get into them. I hate playing as Aloy with her whingey comments every 2 seconds, she just sounds depressed as fuck lol. Amazes me how much a shit character can put me off a game, especially when its so well designed from an artistic point of view. Lance did a good job though, but even he cant save a game with such a poor script.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
^ Sony just made a better Avatar game than Ubisoft.

Horizon Forbidden West = Avatar
Burning Shores = Avatar The Way of the Water 😄

Right? I'm trying to imagine how good Horizon 3 would look like, or a Naughty Dog / Santa Monica PS5 game at the end of the generation or Ghost of Tsushima 2 lol.

This is super impressive.
It honestly is, and it really does straight up look like Avatar. Makes me want to pick up the game honestly. Maybe I will after all. I didn't hate the first one, just got burned out on the crafting stuff. The flight and exploration stuff looks fantastic.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It honestly is, and it really does straight up look like Avatar. Makes me want to pick up the game honestly. Maybe I will after all. I didn't hate the first one, just got burned out on the crafting stuff. The flight and exploration stuff looks fantastic.
I enjoyed it very much; I hope you do too. But, to be fair, I also enjoyed HZD very much. It wasn't my fav PS Studios title last gen by any means, but a very enjoyable experience nevertheless.

FYI - If you have PS+ Extra, HFW is available there now.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is what the main game should have had in the beginning. I’ve been trying to complete the main game story missions in anticipation for this dlc, and I’m so bored.
It is such a bizarre choice. They wanted it to be an epic moment so i get that but it couldve been an epic moment in the middle of the story. Harry Potter gives you the broom in the first two hours and lets you go anywhere.

i think they were worried that people would just fly everywhere and skip seeing the beautiful forests from below.

Top Bottom