• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores is available to pre-order today, pre-order bonuses detailed

Draugoth

Gold Member

Aloy’s journey continues in Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores — an expansion which sees the fierce Nora hunter pursue a sinister threat in the untamed wilds of a far-future, volcanic Los Angeles which has been wracked by violent tectonic activity. Pre-orders for Burning Shores, which launches on the PlayStation 5 console on April 19, 2023, are available as of today.

Play Video

Pre-ordering will give players access to the following digital bonuses:

• Blacktide Dye Outfit (available at the first dye merchant)
  • Blacktide Sharpshot Bow (available from the first merchant in the Burning Shores)
The story picks up Aloy’s story right where Horizon Forbidden West left off – so, to enter the Burning Shores, you must complete the main quest (up to and including the final quest Singularity) in Horizon Forbidden West. Following the events of Singularity, she will receive a call over her Focus, beginning the DLC.

Aloy will then be able to travel to a dangerous new region south of the Tenakth Clan Lands, where players will experience a compelling new storyline featuring new characters, machines, and adventures – we look forward to sharing more details with you very soon!

Last edited:
How much does it cost?

What's the file size?

Kind of surprising they are requiring completion of the final quest.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Qza82n5.jpg

This suit is freakin' fire 🔥

Daenerys Targaryen vibes 🐉

Last edited:
£16 is a good price. I'll wait for the complete edition once it's on PC and selling for £13 (what Horizon Zero Dawn is going for right now)

Last edited:
My goty 2022 but I wont get the DLC. Maybe in 2-3-4 years when it drops on PC Ill double dip the full package when its cheap and play this baby with max visuals.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
heard its 19.90 d0llars only, pretty surprise with the pricing.
Day 1.

scydrex

Want it but i think i will wait for reviews or impressions first. The DLC of the first was $20 also so it's not cheaper.

Last edited:
This is getting a physical release, right, because the steelbook special edition of Forbidden West I own for PS5 has an empty disc holder and I always assumed that was reserved for the DLC expansion.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Frozen Wilds dlc could be played without a savegame.
I only played it once, and I honestly don't remember whether that was possible or not. I'm going to take your words for it.

I (vaguely) remember that you had to be at a certain point in story for the DLC area/mission to unlock.

Spyxos

I only played it once, and I honestly don't remember whether that was possible or not. I'm going to take your words for it.

I (vaguely) remember that you had to be at a certain point in story for the DLC area/mission to unlock.
I think you're right, a savefile was needed there as well. I could have sworn I didn't need one.

Fbh

This seems to confirm it's actually coming out on the intended date and isn't delayed.
So it's still weird that this is coming out in less than a month and they have yet to show anything other than the announcement trailer.

Also $20 is nice on paper but with current Sony prices it makes expect this will be some 2-3 hours side adventure.

Last edited:

jm89

This seems to confirm it's actually coming out on the intended date and isn't delayed.
So it's still weird that this is coming out in less than a month and they have yet to show anything other than the announcement trailer.

Also $20 is nice on paper but with current Sony prices it makes expect this will be some 2-3 hours side adventure.
Hoping it's not too short, for comparison ghost of tshushima iki island was pretty beefy for similar price.

Mephisto40

Insta buy, providing it actually gives you a decent amount of content to play through

I'm guessing it requires story completion because of one of the abilities you get right at the end of the game

I don't really see the point in pre ordering DLC though tbh, seems a bit silly, it's not like they are going to sell out of downloads is it

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
Insta buy, providing it actually gives you a decent amount of content to play through

I'm guessing it requires story completion because of one of the abilities you get right at the end of the game

I don't really see the point in pre ordering DLC though tbh, seems a bit silly, it's not like they are going to sell out of downloads is it
I only did it for the pre-order bow and outfit.

Mr Hyde

I'm ready for Burning Shores. Hopefully Guerilla releases some gameplay soon. Loved Forbidden West so this being PS5-exclusive is very exciting.

Fbh

Hoping it's not too short, for comparison ghost of tshushima iki island was pretty beefy for similar price.

Yeah I hope you are right. Iki Island was pretty good in terms of content and quality.

I'm just skeptical about the $20 price specially with how Sony has been dealing with pricing since the Ps5 launched. With $70 games and paid next gen upgrades I don't see why they'd only charge $20 for this unless it's a fairly small package.
Then again I don't need some massive new area, a well paced and more linear 5-6 hours story would be cool too.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
Hope they fired the writers of the sequel and hired new people for this DLC. Writing was so bad in Forbidden West... (and so good in Zero Dawn)
Zero dawn wasn’t good. They only decent thing is some of the world building. The quests and plot were boring.
I haven’t played forbidden west so I can’t directly comment on that. Just seems a lot of people didn’t like it.

Top Bottom