• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West - Digital Foundry Tech Review - A PS5 Graphics Masterclass

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Apologies. Already posted.
Youre Outta Here Get Out GIF by The Maury Show

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Look s really good, also it's porting that sort of high contrast look of Killzone (specially 3rd) which got my paycheck senses tingling and they I remembered that simply no matter how good looking open-world game are I am not a fan. Sucks for me I guess.

Watching now. The one thing that has me excited is the “….is an open world game that seems like it was made for people growing weary of open world games.”

I know that’s not tech related, but it is refreshing to hear that.
Yeah, I wonder what he means by that. Makes me curious.

Shmunter

Omg, finally a dev tackling the god awful rendering technique that is ssr.

Ssr must be the biggest offender of making games look shit. Obviously varies depending on the composition of the game and scene, but large bodies with ssr are simply hideous.

Now finally, the effect is mitigated to the point of no longer being distracting.

Alleluia!

Markio128

I remember there being a lot of criticism from gafter’s regarding the surface interactions, but damn, they look good. When that badger ran through the grass leaving a trail…. Amazing detail. And the ground textures! By the time John started talking about the water, I was already majorly impressed. Stunning, and I can’t wait to wander around the world, especially the forest and beach areas.

Top Bottom