• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West DLC Reportedly in Progress as Actress Heads Into MoCap

Airbus Jr

Banned
No DLC has been confirmed for Horizon Forbidden West yet, but speculation that it might be in development has started after one of Aloy’s motion capture actresses, Peggy Vrijens, confirmed she was back in the studio for more mocap work. More evidence appeared after the actress also met up with Louis Van Beek, who provides voices for the game.

Peggy Vrijens was the actress who did a lot of the motion capture for Aloy during the action scenes in Horizon Forbidden West while Ashly Burch did the cutscenes and an anonymous stuntwoman did the most intense stunts. In an Instagram post (thanks Reddit), Vrijens revealed she was back doing motion capture, and when her only listed credits are for Horizon Forbidden West, fans started speculating DLC may be on the way. In another post (thanks GamesRadar), the actress revealed she had met up with Louis Van Beek, who provided Walla voices for the game, around the same time.

Many have speculated DLC would be released for Horizon Forbidden West, having found areas off the edge of the map that they suspect would make perfect locations. There’s a ruined fortress at the edge of the map to the east of Plainsong, as well as a strange unused area of water to the south of Latopolis. Of course, there’s also the possibility the pair are doing some work for the upcoming VR game Horizon: Call of the Mountain. Aloy is not the protagonist in this game but is still promised to be making an appearance. Whatever it is, hopefully we find out soon enough.

Moses85

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

Give me Killzone instead

drezz

Maybe doing something for the VR game?

Saving the character we play as during the mid point and reappearing again at the end?

I'm kind of sick of Aloy, I loved the first game but I just found her so dry and unlikeable in the second game, it seemed like almost every interaction she had with someone started with a sigh lol. I'd love to play as another character in that world, Kotallo would be a cool character to play as. They need to do something with the melee combat if they keep going forward with the series, the lack of lock on really kills it, the camera is terrible when you are fighting up close.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
They should finish the story with dlc

… only so we dont have to get horizon 3

Dont want another one of these - fw was fine but it is enough now

Im with you on this one.
I dont think Aloy is a particularly a interesting character.
This engine as amazing Guerilla is an absolutely amazing studio.
I would really like them to do something else......with a more interesting protagonist.

T-Cake

Before Horizon Forbidden West came out, I would have been horrified with your statement but I kind of agree. The second one was not nearly as good. I think a decent length DLC would be perfect to finish it off and then the only Horizon 3 I would really care about would be a prequel set during the Faro wars. We still didn't get to see one of the big Horus machines actually moving. I think it's such a monumental piece of engineering to do though.

Last edited:
Before Horizon Forbidden West came out, I would have been horrified with your statement but I kind of agree. The second one was not nearly as good. I think a decent length DLC would be perfect to finish it off and then the only Horizon 3 I would really care about would be a prequel set during the Faro wars. We still didn't get to see one of the big Horus machines actually moving. I think it's such a monumental piece of engineering to do though.
This is my take as well. I bought a PS5 with the sole purpose of playing HFW. I wanted to play it that bad.
But after playing through the story and finishing all the side content I'm done. Done completely with the world and it's concept. I would rather watch an anime of Aloy to finish off the story as DLC is just not on my menu of wants for the PS5.

Trogdor1123

You will probably get Horizon 3, Horizon TV show, and Horizon hunting genre spin-off. Horizon VR already announced.

Horizon
Now I kind of want a horizon vr survival game with base building…

Back on topic!

I’m thinking it will be some kind of dlc where they cross the sea. That is such a huge area for expansion and exploration. They could also tie it back to the hunters lodge back in meridian. The more obvious story is that they recapture the ai that escaped at during fw.

Ansphn

Hopefully they add a dedication button for hints. They kept breaking my immersion when she just kept telling me shit when i want to find stuff out on my own.

I never went back after playing Elden Ring. I want to play the game, but I just lost the momentum and I am in no hurry to go back to it. The DLC could help me with this issue.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Cancel the DLC for last gen consoles. This game is basically only selling on PS5 as it is. 70% of the sales were PS5 copies and that doesnt include the $10 cheaper PS4 version which had the free upgrade. So it could very well be 90%.

Use the DLC to enhance features that werent possible on last gen consoles.

GymWolf

I feel so dirty for even thinking that you are kinda right...

But a dlc is not big enough to cover the recovery of hephestus and the new threat.

AlexxKidd

Hopefully this is true. Not only did I platinum Forbidden West, when they released the Ultra Hard update I went and replayed the game on Ultra Hard and got all the new trophies just so my trophy percentage will be at 100. The exact same thing I did with Zero Dawn. Looking forward to 100 percenting those DLC trophies too.

mckmas8808

Banned

Horizon 3 will and SHOULD happen! Just not on the PS5. I'd like for them to take a break and make it for the PS6 in 5+ years from now.

Gojiira

I kinda hope the dlc will overhaul certain aspects of the game, FW was just a bit too safe, like why wasnt there more mechanics for riding the machines? Sure you get a flying one but no Thunderjaw? No Behemoth like the villains get?
Better traps, more variety of weapon types Idk.
I remember when Game Informer had a preview of the first Horizon and showed some concept art where Hunters had Armours and Weapons made from the machines, they made it sound a lot like Monster Hunter. Kinda wish that was the direction FW went in.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I kinda hope the dlc will overhaul certain aspects of the game, FW was just a bit too safe, like why wasnt there more mechanics for riding the machines? Sure you get a flying one but no Thunderjaw? No Behemoth like the villains get?
Better traps, more variety of weapon types Idk.
I remember when Game Informer had a preview of the first Horizon and showed some concept art where Hunters had Armours and Weapons made from the machines, they made it sound a lot like Monster Hunter. Kinda wish that was the direction FW went in.
Crossgen effect

Flying are also slow in hfw

Top Bottom