• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West - Gameplay Trailer

2TB SN850 ftw.
eclxUi8.gif

Last edited:
Jokes aside, Playstation has had a good track record of having games which are reasonable in terms of storage size, specially since the PS5 launch. Mark Cerny even pointed out how PS5 versions of games were slightly smaller than their PS4 counterparts even though the PS5 version contain higher resolution textures and models.

So if this game is 96 GB post compression on the PS5 then good lord must it be a BIG game!

Last edited:
The outfits in HZD were good, but the stuff in this trailer looks off the chart (the red one in particular is really cool). I hope we get a transmog feature.

That. . .is unfortunate. I thought there was at least two weeks between the two. Looking up dates online it looks like a lot of people just got the hell out of the way from these two games.
I think that's awesome ..two amazing games that you can play. Play Horizon for a few hours then switch back and forth. Wish people were more excited for dying light 2 as well, that has the potential to be amazing. Its less of a shoe--in but dying light 1 was a low key awesome game.

I think that's awesome ..two amazing games that you can play. Play Horizon for a few hours then switch back and forth. Wish people were more excited for dying light 2 as well, that has the potential to be amazing. Its less of a shoe--in but dying light 1 was a low key awesome game.

As much as I’m looking forward to Elden ring, i can’t switch back and forth between games like this that require muscle memory and a lot of button presses.

When i get into a Fromsoft game i have to mold my gaming brain around it

Last edited:
I really wish they would move HFW back a few days or move Elden Ring up a few days. They aren’t gonna do each other any favors competing, I’m sure sony has to realize that also since they make money from Elden Ring also
Careful what you wish for. How many times has Sony pulled a couple month delay close to a release? A 2-3 month delay is a possibility. Why don't people like having more than one big fame to play at a time? I don't get that.

As much as I’m looking forward to Elden ring, i can’t switch back and forth between games like this that require muscle memory and a lot of button presses.

When i get into a Fromsoft game i have to mold my gaming brain around it
Ah ..so it's primarily a controls thing . I'm weird I juggle like 30 games at once. Rarely finish them until years later except for certain games. Within a couple minutes I get reacquainted with the controls. You'd get better at it over time.

Corndog

Banned
I liked the first one. Been so long I can’t remember much though.

skit_data

I just got my first localized Youtube ad for Horizon Forbidden West, seems the marketing is kicking off for real right now.

N30RYU

Just to be clear... there is no use preordering the PS5 version of the game in playstarion store 'cause you can preorder the cheaper ps4 version and get the free upgrade right? 'Cause there is no word about the free upgrade in the store description...

This is AFTER Kraken compression. Without Kraken, you're looking at well over 200GB, and that's probably conservative. Probably best not to talk about stuff you don't understand.
So you're expecting a game far larger than RDR2? That is not happening i can guarantee you that.

Just to be clear... there is no use preordering the PS5 version of the game in playstarion store 'cause you can preorder the cheaper ps4 version and get the free upgrade right? 'Cause there is no word about the free upgrade in the store description...
You really think sony is gonna risk another pr disaster by going back on their word again? Lol

I’m upgrading to the collectors edition anyway

Woggleman

Mark my words on this. Sylens is getting a redemption arc on this game. He is one of the most memorable and liked characters from the first game and he will show a lot of character growth.

GymWolf

So you're expecting a game far larger than RDR2? That is not happening i can guarantee you that.
I think that they can have a bigger map, but they are not gonna fill it with all the unique stuff that you can find in rdr2 or the unique animal ecosystem etc.

But rdr2 was not exactly gigantic, it felt much smaller than latest 3 ac games maps or latest fc game.

The map in the first horizon was on the small side of open worlds, but it had a lot of biomes.

GymWolf

Why the fuck do you people post spoilers?!? Wtf? It is not funny.

But this confirm my theory about the story...

Last edited:
Top Bottom