• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Is Getting Review Bombed on PS5, PS4 for No Reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaSeoul

Oh yes because that type of glitches are very common while playing the game, right?
Come on, guys! I have been playing for many hours now, and I havent even seen one single bug. The game works perfectly. As in every game, you may encounter some bugs here and there. Nothing to worry about.
Its not buggy as hell as some people are saying in the first comments of the thread. Not at all.
The game is getting review-bombing because its an exclusive game coming from Sony. That's all. Denying that is just being ignorant.
I think you're talking to the wrong person here.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I've never seen a game produce this much salt. The Witcher 3 & many other huge games launched with an astronomical level of bugs/glitches but were still so much fun and went on to win GOTY. I've played for 10hrs so far, just left the Daunt area and I am loving it so far.

People are acting like it's the end of the world that this game has a few glitches here and there. Keep this energy when Bugthesda releases their next big game.
Man this reminds me of the Witcher 3 release on ps4.. one time I literally saw my ps4 jet engines kick, and grow wings and fly to the other room.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I barely care what professional reviews give it.
As for Xbox fans review bombing it because they have a little green in their eyes?
Angry Harrison Ford GIF

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Reading those reviews on metacritic, they're by no means just trolling in every case. Plenty of real feedback, and a lot of the best negative reviews are in other languages. A bit of Google Translate has been interesting as I read through them:

I guess what bothers me is the way legitimate criticism is being called trolling.

Last edited:

acm2000

ive always hated the hair in this series as its completely wrong and looks so stupid, thats reason enough to review bomb.

double or even triple the weight on the physics so it doesnt swoosh around like shes underwater.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Reading those reviews on metacritic, they're by no means just trolling in every case. Plenty of real feedback, and a lot of the best negative reviews are in other languages. A bit of Google Translate has been interesting as I read through them:

I guess what bothers me is the way legitimate criticism is being called trolling.

Do you really think they beat a 30+ hour game in a day? Anyone can criticize what they have seen through gameplay videos always released and try to pass it off as "legitimate criticism."

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I've never seen a game produce this much salt. The Witcher 3 & many other huge games launched with an astronomical level of bugs/glitches but were still so much fun and went on to win GOTY. I've played for 10hrs so far, just left the Daunt area and I am loving it so far.

People are acting like it's the end of the world that this game has a few glitches here and there. Keep this energy when Bugthesda releases their next big game.

TLOU2 did. It's a sad world we live in man.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Bugthesda
This has me rolling lol! I honestly always found Bethesda games and their buggy nature endearing though. Save often and it's usually just funny instead of infuriating.
These are some salty ass xbox 'gamers' xDDD. Go play some games on gamepass maybe?
Lol, riddle me this review bomber, if Gamepass is so great, why aren't you playing it now instead of writing negative reviews on metacritic??? Checkmate

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
The biggest theme I came across in the angry reviews was one word: "Ubisoft"

That's pretty damning, in my book. Open-world Ubisoft games are the perfect encapsulation of everything I hate about the open-world genre, and usually the only way I can enjoy an "open" game is if it goes intentionally contrary to that style.

Ok everyone imagine playing the game bugs keep you doing the same thing over again, dying for reasons outside your hands, ps5 crashing and causing a restart. The game for this person could easily be seen as a legitimate 1. Its not fun and doesn't work. A zero review is legitimate for this person. Lots of the reviews this seems to be the general case. Lots are shitty people being shitty, but lots of the 10's are also pretty bullshit. 80/100 sounds like a pretty good game to me. People with issues with a product are also far more vocal than someone without.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Modern internet is more annoying than ever. Take all the fun out of everything.

Good thing I wouldn't read or spread this news as if my life depended on it yet here we see threads. Gotta have something to read I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom