• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Is Getting Review Bombed on PS5, PS4 for No Reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Are you enjoying the game? If you are then what the hell matter what score user reviewer gives it.
Probably want to wait a few days before, as going from this to Elden Ring directly might do a huge disservice to From's game.
I still pick Elden Ring over Horizon 2, “pretty” graphics didn’t helped me not get bored of the first game.

Last edited:

isoRhythm

Banned
I trust YOU will keep the same energy when the next Bethesda game releases?
Yes. I will be playing it. Unless it's another FO76 or I get that Skyrim glitch where my save file balloons to 100+ MB, otherwise an NPC glitching out, some pop in here and there, and things not loading are fine with me.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
How many more times are you going to say this? Yeah, yeah, we got it, you are one-note fanboy who prefer ER to basically everything, just shut up already .
In general, i have a pretty hard time understanding gamers being bored of a game filled with giant deadly ass robo-creatures each with their own characteristics/attacks/weaknesses roaming the map you have to traverse.. a game with one of the most interesting sci-fi stories out there to boot.

I would ask why should developers even bother at this point, but the first one sold 20 million copies.. so yeah.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
People really need to stop putting so much stock in dumb youtube videos. I've played for ten hours and I've come across no bugs.
Same here. Apart from the weird panning issue where there’s a colour difference to the image when you stay still. It’s very odd, but no where near game breaking.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Pretty much why I don’t trust user reviews for any game. At least with steam it will tell you if they played it or not if I’m not wrong.
Yep. And Amazon has verified purchase tags so you can see who really owns the product. It would be nice for metacritic to implement it

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
What's even worse now is how trolls go out of their way to try to get a game to bug out

In big games like Horizon Forbidden West, Cyberpunk 2077, TW3, etc. it gets more difficult for developers to catch everything

And when you're fixing 1 bug, you gotta make sure that by fixing it, you don't break the game in the process

No reason ? lol
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

I've never seen a game produce this much salt. The Witcher 3 & many other huge games launched with an astronomical level of bugs/glitches but were still so much fun and went on to win GOTY. I've played for 10hrs so far, just left the Daunt area and I am loving it so far.

People are acting like it's the end of the world that this game has a few glitches here and there. Keep this energy when Bugthesda releases their next big game.
Think you might have missed TLOU2 being pretty much the most reviewed game of all time by people who clearly didn't play it making it their life's mission to shit on it.Go look at any "User Reviews" on that if you want a laugh.

Some gamers are a strange bunch really. You don't see this with movies or books really.

pasterpl

Looking at these negative reviews, lots some genuine, seems that there are number of irritating bugs (wasn’t Sony games supposed to be always polished? at least thats what neogaf told me), game is cross gen and it shows, also lots of negative reviews pointing out to issues that the first part had, it is boring (gameplay loop) and bloated, uninteresting (world) - that’s my view of the first game a well, I gave it a try for 3-5 h and found the first horizon game very boring (my partner had same impressions of the first game). Sequel (I haven’t played yet) seems to be similar.

posting a cherry picked comment pointing at Xbox fanboys and ignoring other negative reviews that seem genuine is pure manipulation:

SeraphJan

Probably want to wait a few days before, as going from this to Elden Ring directly might do a huge disservice to From's game.

horizonforbiddenwest_t5kwg.png

horizonforbiddenwest_iqjrw.png

horizonforbiddenwest_ynj58.png

horizonforbiddenwest_xfjhb.png

horizonforbiddenwest_5wjnh.png
I still prefer Elden Ring, not because I don't like HFW, simply due to having to choose for not having enough time. Both of these game excel at different things. But I personally prefer Elden Ring if I have to choose.

Last edited:
As i worked at UOL Games (not anymore), my ex-boss always send me codes from some games. I tried this game.

I fear to post my review and sound like a troll, then get banned for antagonism or something like that. For the love of Gaf, i will stay quiet.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

User reviews are awful, it’s either 10/10 from fans or 0/10.

also, as I predicted the bug videos are starting to roll in. But you know, another masterpiece According to the “ journos”
User review and Critic review are awful in different ways.

For the former, its either hater giving 0 or fanboy giving 10, so they cancel each other out, its the middles that matters, in the end it became a numbers game.

However Critic review could be an unchallenged biased review that suffers from group thinking (most journalist knows each other, they have their own community), and having only 100 people deciding which a game is good or not, the pool is too small

Can we just all agree that game score itself is kind of pointless, objective numbers for an art form is really not the best approach. If the whole purpose of score is for recommending the right game to the right group of people, there are better way of doing so.

Notes: None of what I said above is against HFW, the game is great

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Forbidden West deserves more 10’s then a game release like Halo Infinite, that is easily forgetteble, looks much worse, lifeless and so on. When the credits started, i was like “this was the game already?”.

I personally prefer the combat and story in Halo. I also like that its more focused and theres not the gathering aspect horizon has

Last edited:

kyussman

"No reason".....ha,ha.....the reason is called fanboyism......now just imagine being one of these fuckwits,and instantly feel good about your own life,lol.

Winter John

Yep. And Amazon has verified purchase tags so you can see who really owns the product. It would be nice for metacritic to implement it

That Amazon verified tag is worthless bullshit. The companies pay their shills so they can make it look like they're average customers reviews. They have actual Facebook groups who organise these things. If you ain't buying a known brand then what you want to be looking at are the 2/3 star reviews. They're usually the most reliable way of checking whether a product is any good or not

Fredrik

Forbidden West deserves more 10’s then a game release like Halo Infinite, that is easily forgetteble, looks much worse, lifeless and so on. When the credits started, i was like “this was the game already?”.

Edit: actually, no, this isn’t the way. Erasing.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

When a person reaches this level to start doing things like this it's time to back away. Your not having fun anymore. I've seen users on different boards that exist to hate Sony yet never talk about games they enjoy.

Markio128

In my 15 hours of play, I’ve only encountered 1 bug - albeit one that forced me to reload my game because it was a platform I just kept falling through and was stopping my progression. A bit of an annoyance in an otherwise great game, but nothing to get too upset about - and the reload of my save did fix the issue.

To be fair, most games I have played have had some kind of bug.

Still, some of the those user reviews are just idiotic and born of stupidity, boredom or jealousy.

oh boy... looks as buggy as cyberpunk at launch, wonder if it`ll get the same treatment
Dude...i'm playing it right now and not a single one of those things has happened to me so far.
Don't compare that video with a game that crashes your consoles every hour.

You can literally go on youtube and find compilations of bugs like that for every game out there. Even TLOU2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom