• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Is Getting Review Bombed on PS5, PS4 for No Reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroing

Banned
Well since this turn into a another drama thread! I’ll toss wood into the fire!

I mean what do we expect? We had a huge infamous thread about “ugly Alloy”

Fanboys will write stupid things…

Also most who were shitting horizon forbidden west will start with the usual “when it’s coming to pc”

Ozriel

M$FT
Dude...i'm playing it right now and not a single one of those things has happened to me so far.
Don't compare that video with a game that crashes your consoles every hour.

You can literally go on youtube and find compilations of bugs like that for every game out there. Even TLOU2.

Yeah, it’s YouTubers looking for clicks. Just grab compilations of rare bugs and try to pass it off as the game being hopelessly buggy.

It's a tad boring and looks severly compromised in performance mode. I think its a problem that I could probably come up with a more stable image if you gave me the dials, but here I am looking at a noisey mess because you hid it away.

You target 30 screenshots a second, you get burned by players. Did anyone use 30 fps mode in Demons Souls? Horizon has issues.

Boss Mog

giphy.gif
what-do-you-mean-you-people.gif

Luipadre

The game should be until they fix the shit graphics in performance mode.

Yeah its so shit man. Its one of the best looking open world out there but fuck GG its so shit !!!44 0 fucking point

Console warriors and pc masterrace are probably mad, that they only got a cp 1.5 patch so far this month

Last edited:

Majukun

bugs are to be expected in a big open world not called botw..the difference is how much..there's quirky glitchy and unplayable glitchy

I bought this thing and while I'm not review bombing I found more bugs, including game breaking bugs than on Assassin's Creed Unity. Masterpiece my ass, fuck journalists once again.
Would you be so kind to let us know which kind of bugs you encountered? Because I haven't had any major bugs yet.

Sure once in a while I'll get stuck between geometry and objects but thats rather rare and due to my fault jumping and crouching into every corner.

Saber

Gold Member
Well, I guess some are valid if they do encounter bugs and glitches.

But seeing the ones as fanboys is just sad and makes me wonder they should use better their tkme(like playing the games they love).

Would you be so kind to let us know which kind of bugs you encountered? Because I haven't had any major bugs yet.

Sure once in a while I'll get stuck between geometry and objects but thats rather rare and due to my fault jumping and crouching into every corner.
Lol he's full of shit and trolling. There are no major game breaking bugs. That's why he's not going to answer that question.
The rat is trying to spread misinformation.

"No Reason"

LOL I have stopped playing until they at least fix the issues with climbing, especially indoors got frustrated more than once and then just gave up after a soft crash which had me stuck on a black screen.

Will come back when it works.
Issues with climbing? Could you be more specific?
I've climbed a few of these watchtowers and so on, I haven't noticed anything weird yet.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Issues with climbing? Could you be more specific?
I've climbed a few of these watchtowers and so on, I haven't noticed anything weird yet.

It's largely with launches or jumping onto other areas.

As a small example, indoors I find aloy grappling onto the wrong point or launching at an odd angle requiring me to backtrack and start the climb again.

It was notisable enough to consistantly be irritating, and not something the first game suffered from.

Last edited:
What game doesn’t get review bombed these days? Some people taking it way too personally as if their life depends on it, which is probably does for a few sad people in here.

Just wait and see, Redfall and Starfield will be review bombed too because they went Xbox exclusive. Psychonauts 2 was also review bombed probably because Double Fine is now an Xbox studio.

FH5 also received some hate because god forbid an Xbox game score 90+.

Get over it, it happens.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I feel genuinely bad for all of the adults out there that do this. I can kind of forgive some dorky teenager getting wrapped up in the tribalism of console wars - I remember knowing people like that when I was a kid (and, well, they're kids). But doing this as adult is just sad as hell.

Skyfox

I'll buy it when they return her face to the original or when it's a fiver. Plenty of other games to play while I wait.

Guilty_AI

"Review bombing" is the new gaming buzzword i hate.

Reading the reviews most of what i saw were legit complaints like boring world, bad writing, bugs, bad image quality, and complaints about journalists hyping up the game as something it wasn't.

As for the 'unfair' 0-4/10, that has always been the case with user reviews, you'll find them in pretty much any game regardless of which platforms it is on or who developed it.

Last edited:
I played through all of Cyberpunk 2077 on my 10700K/RTX3080 rig without a single issue/bug. Was absolutely flawless for me. I guess the people complaining are just making stuff up?
Yeah...an open world game with no bugs...Cyberpunk of all games. Hum hum...

The fact people are trying to put Cyberpunk close to Horizon Forbidden West in terms of bugs is...very telling to say the least.

Yeah...an open world game with no bugs...Cyberpunk of all games. Hum hum...

The fact people are trying to put Cyberpunk close to Horizon Forbidden West in terms of bugs is...very telling to say the least.
Not saying they're equal. I'm pretty sure Sonys stellar studio has put a lot more effort into making this as polished as can be given the deadlines.

Stuart360

Yeah, it’s YouTubers looking for clicks. Just grab compilations of rare bugs and try to pass it off as the game being hopelessly buggy.
I have been watching CohhCarnage play the game, and audio starts going out of sync after about 3 hours of play, and if he doesnt restart his PS5 the framerate will drop to around 15fps until he restarts. Which sounds very much like the game has a memory leak.
I dont really think CohhCarnage is into console warring, or drama for clicks lol.

Zeroing

Banned
Not saying they're equal. I'm pretty sure Sonys stellar studio has put a lot more effort into making this as polished as can be given the deadlines.
And Sony did not wanted the devs to do crunch… there’s articles about it!
I have been watching CohhCarnage play the game, and audio starts going out of sync after about 3 hours of play, and if he doesnt restart his PS5 the framerate will drop to around 15fps until he restarts. Which sounds very much like the game has a memory leak.
I dont really think CohhCarnage is into console warring, or drama for clicks lol.
Some YouTubers got early access without the day one patch… not sure if that’s the case. But from what I’ve been playing I can tell the day one patch made a difference

Plantoid

Who cares? Every exclusive gets review bombed, game looks fantastic, i would play it even with these minor bugs

Stuart360

And Sony did not wanted the devs to do crunch… there’s articles about it!

Some YouTubers got early access without the day one patch… not sure if that’s the case. But from what I’ve been playing I can tell the day one patch made a difference
He has the day one patch.

I trust YOU will keep the same energy when the next Bethesda game releases?

I seriously doubt it’s as broken as Skyrim on the PS3 at launch. There’s different levels of brokenness if you know what I mean.

Really find it odd that people are comparing this to your typical Bethesda game when it doesn’t seem that bad to me.

Ogbert

Played it round at my brother’s place this weekend.

A mighty pretty game. It is what it is; they’ve obviously just taken the base HZD game and tinkered at the edges rather than made any drastic improvements.

More of the very good looking same.

I’ll pick it up in a few months.

Blendernaut

Neo Member
Look at those negative reviews and see what they actually say lmao
Oh yes because that type of glitches are very common while playing the game, right?
Come on, guys! I have been playing for many hours now, and I havent even seen one single bug. The game works perfectly. As in every game, you may encounter some bugs here and there. Nothing to worry about.
Its not buggy as hell as some people are saying in the first comments of the thread. Not at all.
The game is getting review-bombing because its an exclusive game coming from Sony. That's all. Denying that is just being ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom