• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West - New Playstation Blog - (Re)building the awe-inspiring machines of

Shmunter

The lighting in this game is kinda off looking,idk why. Just seems very unnatural for some reason which is weird because I've never seen them mess up the lighting.
Yeah I agree. Surely it must have some kind of GI, but it looks flat like

On Demand

Banned
The lighting in this game is kinda off looking,idk why. Just seems very unnatural for some reason which is weird because I've never seen them mess up the lighting.

It’s supposed to be that way along with the bright colors. HZD never aimed for photorealism.

It’s more hyperrealism. I like the way the game looks. Something different from the usual games that try to make everything match the real world.

Last edited:

jonnyp

Still doesn't look right
210af772fd8486ae8e71920b1ccc6550eff76d5c57eb79d2003b9c9cec6a3b4a_1.jpg

Last edited:

MikeM

Can't wait for this. Debating on doing another playthrough of Horizon Zero Dawn to get re-acquainted with the game prior to launch. Never did get into the frozen wilds DLC which I have...

I think it's the "Hero Glow" that they have applied to Aloy which makes her "pop" out from the background environment. It is kind of off-putting.

GymWolf

I still can't get behind how this one looks compared to ragnarock, both crossgen but this one looks basically on par with ratchet while being a full fledged massive open world game...
Can't wait for this. Debating on doing another playthrough of Horizon Zero Dawn to get re-acquainted with the game prior to launch. Never did get into the frozen wilds DLC which I have...
Except for the lack of sylens and a worse main plot, the dlc is better than vanilla game in many aspects, give it a try.

Topher

Gold Member
Every time this dismount/arrow shot is shown it looks more janky to me.

By the time she gets the crossbow out, she's too close to the ground..and she shoots the arrow at the same time she hits the ground which would make for a horrible shot.

Not what happens in real life when fighting a futuristic fire-breathing robot elephant? Cancelling preorder.

All these videos of Aloy riding the dinobots.... I myself never once rode the machines in Zero Dawn past the original tutorial sequence. I just didn't like it, and never found it necessary at all. It was much more fun running around exploring on foot and finding secrets and stuff. Did a lot of other people ride the machines around all the time?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
PlayStation blog relentlessly hyping this game.
I mean thats literally their only job lmao. What do you want them to do? Hype Forza?

They are up against Elden Ring now for attention, unfortunately...
I think thats the biggest fuck up they couldve made by delaying the game. Now not only are they going to go up against Elden Ring, GoW, Starfield, BOTW in a jam packed year for GOTY they are also going to be releasing within a week of Elden Ring. Just like they did five years ago with BOTW. Im sure it will sell well, but it's definitely not going to dominate the online space like BOTW did and like Elden Rings would.

Had they released it this year, their biggest GOTY competition wouldve been Deathloop. And maybe Halo Infinite if it somehow manages to surprise everyone. They keep wanting to get out of ND's shadow but they keep fucking up with these delays. ND now has 4 GOTY awards in the last 11 years. GG has none. They had an easy weak year to dominate and they dropped the ball. Now they will have to wait till 2027 to get another shot at GOTY.

GymWolf

All these videos of Aloy riding the dinobots.... I myself never once rode the machines in Zero Dawn past the original tutorial sequence. I just didn't like it, and never found it necessary at all. It was much more fun running around exploring on foot and finding secrets and stuff. Did a lot of other people ride the machines around all the time?
Same.

I hope this time are gonna be more useful.

I only cracked dinos to make them fight each other.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

It's looking pretty damn good! Have they said anything about combat against other human NPCs? Because for me that was by far the worst aspect of the first game... they felt more robotic creatures than the machines itself. lol

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I mean thats literally their only job lmao. What do you want them to do? Hype Forza?

I think thats the biggest fuck up they couldve made by delaying the game. Now not only are they going to go up against Elden Ring, GoW, Starfield, BOTW in a jam packed year for GOTY they are also going to be releasing within a week of Elden Ring. Just like they did five years ago with BOTW. Im sure it will sell well, but it's definitely not going to dominate the online space like BOTW did and like Elden Rings would.

Had they released it this year, their biggest GOTY competition wouldve been Deathloop. And maybe Halo Infinite if it somehow manages to surprise everyone. They keep wanting to get out of ND's shadow but they keep fucking up with these delays. ND now has 4 GOTY awards in the last 11 years. GG has none. They had an easy weak year to dominate and they dropped the ball. Now they will have to wait till 2027 to get another shot at GOTY.
Nah let the game breathe a little I get it that’s who ps blog is but you guys have other games also I don’t see horizon hype anywhere else you got master chief on mtn dew, apex legends on Doritos you could at least put aloy on a box of cereal lullz

A Sony thread! It’s bait for all the green rats here!

Looks cool, hope I can find a ps5 before it hits :messenger_neutral:

Cant have the Horizon car game getting all the attention. Here is a Horizon Dino game.

Ive not found a PS5 either. Still. Lucky me this game is playable on the PS4Pro.

Some but right not a lot, mostly snuck around or ran around.

yurinka

It would be nice to show a different video featuring different areas, different enemy types, maybe some other mechanic. We already saw this before.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
why do you think there are more areas ?
the original trailer showed a lot of different locations. I would like to see more of those biomes. That last shot of her going through the dense foliage. I need to see if thats real or not. I want to see if those seagulls would actually dive into the water to catch fish and other dynamic elements the trailer hinted at. The desert biome looked stunning and so did the weather effects.

I would also like to see what their new cities and settlements look like. Lets face it, Meridian was a disappointment. I want living breathing cities like those found in AC Origins.

Top Bottom