• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West - PS4 and PS5 Differences Explained

Derift

Again, wtf are you talking about? Stop projecting or being a SJW and listen to what I said. I never once said anything about her appearance. So again, wtf are you talking about?
Dude we arent stupid the only thing anyone has had negative to say about the HFW demo was that in some screenshots her face looks fuller...no one is projecting its pretty clear what you meant you even have your avatar as a meme of her face....

GymWolf

What the hell is "hero lighting"?
When you use a torch lighter to melt heroine
AdobeStock_135369377-scaled.jpeg

GymWolf

I can almost confidently say there are more Aloy memes and PP's than there were Craig's, and rightfully so. I could be wrong though.

Nah, it's Abby and Craig. Craig has standards you know.
Not even close (dont look the number of pages but the number of memes)

Craig was a special moment.

ZywyPL

Banned
There was a time when I said "if next gen is just current(Ps4) Gen but at 4k 60fps I'd be okay with that" and it is that and more, we also get enhancements and faster loading so I'm not too bothered.

I honestly wouldn't mind at all last-gen graphics at 4K60 and high res textures, the graphics are great enough to serve their purpose, but there's way more in games than just the visuals, and that damn Jaguar CPU is holding the entire industry for too long already, the devs have been openly admitting for years now they can't materialize their ideas because of it, how it's a huge step back compated to PS360 and so on. There were many fake gameplays shown in the past, like The Division, Watch Dogs, Anthem etc. but maybe that's the thing, maybe they had to scrap all of it once the devs started porting those games to consoles and it turned out they can't handle such gameplays at even just 30FPS.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
So it literally is a PS4 game with prettier graphics in 60fps. I'm sure it will be a great, GOTY caliber release anyway but that just screams wasted potential.

Speak for yourself. I'm looking forward to seeing individual strands on moss. Game changer.

Are they basically saying that it is a PS4 game, with some minor tweaks for PS5? (perhaps stuff that was tried on PS4, but then dropped due to lack of GPU beef)

That's because you haven't seen GOTY edition (ok, by fans only, so far):

3OXnXyJ.jpg

seriously, isn't this gold?
maxresdefault.jpg

Astral Dog

Are they basically saying that it is a PS4 game, with some minor tweaks for PS5? (perhaps stuff that was tried on PS4, but then dropped due to lack of GPU beef)

3OXnXyJ.jpg

No, only that the game should still look good and run well on PS4, but they are adding many bells and whistles not possible on last gen to the PS5 edition, as well as the usual 60fps,triggers, 3D Audio etc.

Did you seriously expected them to say the PS4 version will be shit and only play on PS5?
When the game is shown running on both systems the differences will be clear. Horizon got a nice budget to make the PS5 edition as pretty as possible.

Lethal01

They gave me Horizon for free on April and i deleted it because i thought it was boring, unless they pay me $70 to play the new one they can keep it!

love Ally's chubby face though :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I thought the first was boring as well and for the last 4 years all seeing it did was make me think about how hard BoTW stomped it.

But it looks like they are improving exactly what i've been complaining about (better combat, More vertical travel, more interesting exploration)
So I'm willing to atleast look at it when it comes out.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Only graphics and fps for the Ps5 version. What about AI. What about physics. What about streaming? The jaguar cpu is crap. It was bad in 2013 now is worse. So the PS5 SSD will be used only for loading? What about designing a game with the IO and SSD on mind and games with different mechanics or world design? We beliece in generation.... yeah right.
Horizon 3 or the next Guerrilla IP. These crossgen games have the benefit of allowing Sony a few years to really blow us away

Varteras

Gold Member
Has posting tweets from rabid social media console warriors as a replacement for any sensical discourse become some sort of trend here nowadays?
Haven't you heard? Social media personalities know exactly what they're talking about as long as whatever they're saying is a positive for my preferred box or a negative for the one I have an irrational hatred of. This goes doubly so for supposed game journos even if their track record is spotty. Because who cares? I just need my dopamine fix from believing shit with zero critical thinking of my own.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Even if there was zero difference between PS4 and PS5 I'd still play on PS5 to avoid the insane fan noise. I couldn't stand mine, sounded like a god damn jet engine.
Literally the one of the main reasons I got a PS5 and paid a premium for it, I couldn't stand the noise of my Pro any longer so was able to finish God of War in silence with fast loading

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member

3OXnXyJ.jpg

I loved him in Vice Principals.

FunkMiller

It’s inevitable that any game designed to run on the Ps4 and the Ps5 will just be a PS4 game with bells and whistles added to it on Ps5.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Literally the one of the main reasons I got a PS5 and paid a premium for it, I couldn't stand the noise of my Pro any longer so was able to finish God of War in silence with fast loading

This is always going to be the reason to keep the Ps5, regardless of how poorly games actually use it. I couldn’t go back to that loud ass piece of crap.

jaysius

Banned
Keep the narrative about the graphics and nobody will even care that the combat looks like it’s somehow worse and more boring than the original.

jaysius

Banned
aloy-in-horizon-forbidden-west.jpg

She just has a 1:1 face cause she is obviously motion captured now. The first game is famous for all the characters talking like robots.

l0Ex9V1LFn7acBuc8.gif
Ghost of Tsushima fixed this by removing animations all together from npcs when they were talking.

These Sony games are ok but there are so many things that keep them from being GREAT.

But will the water look better than sea of thieve?

though the bit of using the cinematic lighting at all times sounds pretty sweet
I can say without a doubt no it won't. Its to highlight Aloy but most don't like how that looks, so I don't know why they bothered.

Top Bottom