• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon forbidden west ps4 to ps5 upgrade situation

Beechos

So i did the horizon forbidden west free ps4 to ps5 version upgrade. For whatever reason my ps5 keeps reinstalling the ps4 version from the disc even after ive deleted it mult times. Is there anyway to stop this? Do i have to have both ps4 and ps5 versions installed at the same time?

ReBurn

Gold Member
flUhZXd.gif

Just kidding. This happened to me with Cyberpunk and it annoyed me. I just leave it installed and I'll delete when I finish the game.

Last edited:

ManaByte

So i did the horizon forbidden west free ps4 to ps5 version upgrade. For whatever reason my ps5 keeps reinstalling the ps4 version from the disc even after ive deleted it mult times. Is there anyway to stop this? Do i have to have both ps4 and ps5 versions installed at the same time?
Old bug in the OS. They fixed it after launch but the last FW update brought it back. Nothing you can do until Sony fixed it again. Just buy the native PS5 versions to avoid it.

Beechos

Yeah pretty annoying im guessing its prob autorunning the disc in the drive. Luckily i have a big external so non ssd storage is not a concern just annoying to see 2 hfw icons on the dashboard. Anything ps4->ps5 has been so painful.

TexMex

Yeah it drives me nuts. For me it doesn’t install, it just has the tile up there and paused on “copying.” This is 2077 tho not Horizon. Sounds like it’s all games.

I don’t remember it doing this with the FF7 upgrade, sounds like it came back.

Synless

That bug is annoying, but not as bad as the PS4 data in the other data section. I have over 100 gb and most of it was because of PS4 games I downloaded and now I can’t get rid of it even after I deleted them.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I see Horizon Forbidden West is finally being discounted on PS store, it's £42 for the PS4 version, can I buy that and convert it to the PS5 version for fweee? If I buy it does it give me the option to download the PS5 version?

tommib

I see Horizon Forbidden West is finally being discounted on PS store, it's £42 for the PS4 version, can I buy that and convert it to the PS5 version for fweee? If I buy it does it give me the option to download the PS5 version?
It’s a good question but I think they’ll charge you for the upgrade. Let’s see if anyone knows and replies.

Last edited:
It‘s the same with Sackboy. Try to ignore it or accept it that Sony doesn‘t know what the hell they‘re doing with their UI.

Top Bottom