• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West: Review Thread |

Thirty7ven

Banned
FLjWkRYX0AIsp7E

I mean...can you blame them?
Can you honestly look at this picture and not notice any bias whatsoever?

Plenty of outlets have given bad scores to Sony games, yet after decades they still get review copies. Maybe you should just be impartial and you'd be respected and ultimately still get those review copies.

Warriors can laugh, empathize and feel triggered all they want. If you can’t look at this and see something wrong then you’re a goddamn idiot.

Haggard

Banned
FLjWkRYX0AIsp7E

Plenty of outlets have given bad scores to Sony games, yet after decades they still get review copies. Maybe you should just be impartial and you'd be respected and ultimately still get those review copies.
wow, at the very least I now know which review outlet to ignore completely......not that I had ever heard of this moron before.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Alright, that's cool then. The flying does look extremely slow (like the same speed as the glider, which is also very slow), so I guess that would explain how the PS4 can handle this. I would also guess the flight altitude is very limited.
You will get faster flying in Avatar. They are utilizing the SSD to stream in data faster.

GymWolf

You ain't ready dude! Some of these new machines designs are just nuts! Stay well clear of ign beyond podcast as well.

Would you like to know the total machine count as well? If you don't already know!
Who the fuck would want to hear ign talking about anything except their failing and closure? :lollipop_squinting:

I already know the total number of machines but maybe you can confirm what i know
43 without counting the elemental variances

Last edited:
Who the fuck would want to hear ign talking about anything except their failing and closure? :lollipop_squinting:

I already know the total number of machines but maybe you can confirm what i know
43 without counting the elemental variances
Lol I am just binging on anything horizon at the moment 😅

Yes what's in the spoilers with maybe Something else you don't know about variants

And the truth starts to come out.

I'm not saying her complaints are bad. But context matters.
Horizon is a post-apocalyptic world way into the future..why are people complaining about facepaints or how their cultures are being appropriated?

Wouldn't this make sense if Horizon was happening currently?

But i'm probably out of line to even ask these questions anyway so, let's leave it at this.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm really bummed this is releasing so close to Elden Ring, because it means I'm not going to be playing this for quite some time (there's just no way I'm not prioritizing ER). And it's just not quite as fun to play a game after everyone else is already done with it, it's more fun to "be there" when it's new and everyone is just starting out.

GymWolf

Little bit of information for the board minigame inside FB from reeee:

Jeff Cannatta, who is a tabletop game enthusiast, raved about the Strike game in Horizon in this week's DLC podcast.

So for people who liked gwent or card games inside the FF games, something to look out for i guess.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Warriors can laugh, empathize and feel triggered all they want. If you can’t look at this and see something wrong then you’re a goddamn idiot.
...and you know that in the future if they refuse to provide him a review copy, he'll be the first to be out there claiming its just so they can fix the scores a certain way.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I’m confused. I’m not wrong yet you all act like morons instead making no counter point.

When I’m providing facts. Sony first party released nothing from July 2021 to January 2022.
You do realise I made a joke about Gordon being mute in Half-Life.

On topic, Horizon got delayed. God of War got delayed. You can point to Sony being quiet between July 2021 and January 2022 but they released Ratchet, Returnal, Miles Morales, Demon's Souls Remake, Astro's Playroom (you'll argue thats a demo, it's a game), Sackboy and Destruction Allstars (was shit, but the game has improved with a recent patch) between PS5 launch and July 2021. Your mileage may vary on whether the Director's Cuts count, personally you can disregard Ghost's DC as new content but must acknowledge Iki Island DLC, and Death Stranding is well worth the upgrade.

Name all Xbox first party exclusives between Series X/S launch to the end of June 2021. Zero. Name all the first party exclusives since launch? Halo:Infinite, Forza Horizon 5 and Flight Simulator. That's it for first party exclusives, I'm open to correction.

You might say Sony is barren for a few months but their output is impressive compared to their competitor. Had Covid not happened we could have seen Horizon in 2021, Ragnarok at a stretch. Sony had other games to cover for them in the second half of last year to make up for the delays.

Sony generally tend not to put out the big hitters past September anyway. They partner with third parties to fill the Winter schedule. Again open to correction, the last game (not console launch related) I can remember near December was The Last Guardian.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

You do realise I made a joke about Gordon being mute in Half-Life.

On topic, Horizon got delayed. God of War got delayed. You can point to Sony being quiet between July 2021 and January 2022 but they released Ratchet, Returnal, Miles Morales, Demon's Souls Remake, Astro's Playroom (you'll argue thats a demo, it's a game), Sackboy and Destruction Allstars (was shit, but the game has improved with a recent patch) between PS5 launch and July 2021. Your mileage may vary on whether the Director's Cuts count, personally you can disregard Ghost's DC as new content but must acknowledge Iki Island DLC, and Death Stranding is well worth the upgrade.

Name all Xbox first party exclusives between Series X/S launch to the end of June 2021. Zero. Name all the first party exclusives since launch? Halo:Infinite, Forza Horizon 5 and Flight Simulator. That's it for first party exclusives, I'm open to correction.

You might say Sony is barren for a few months but their output is impressive compared to their competitor. Had Covid not happened we could have seen Horizon in 2021, Ragnarok at a stretch. Sony had other games to cover for them in the second half of last year to make up for the delays.

Sony generally tend not to put out the big hitters past September anyway. They partner with third parties to fill the Winter schedule. Again open to correction, the last game (not console launch related) I can remember near December was The Last Guardian.
I dont any of this matters when he simply said he had nothing to play from Sony first party since Ratchet. The fact that games delayed because Aloy and Kratos got coronavirus has nothing to do with the fact that he didnt get to play any Sony first party games since Ratchet.

I mean what MS has to do with this innocuous statement from this poor guy is beyond me.

Yeah we are all hungry after 7 months of no games from Sony.

(Last release was Ratchet and Clank Rift apart in June 2021)

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I dont any of this matters when he simply said he had nothing to play from Sony first party since Ratchet. The fact that games delayed because Aloy and Kratos got coronavirus has nothing to do with the fact that he didnt get to play any Sony first party games since Ratchet.

I mean what MS has to do with this innocuous statement from this poor guy is beyond me.
I'm pointing out it could be a lot worse using a real-life example and I also pointed out that Sony tend not to release games in the Holiday period and instead rely on third parties so I don't understand how this plan is now a shock. This isn't new and I gave one example of non-console launch related release in the past 10 years and i can't think of another.

Covid is a factor affecting the release schedule if Horizon was originally marketed for 2021. What do people want? Release a bugged mess and clean it up afterwards? You can't just defrost a Socom Remake to cover Horizon's original release date. Development takes time.

If he thinks Sony's output of PS5 games is poor, he needs to look at the first year of PS4. This generation is like a flood in comparison.

SlimySnake

I'm pointing out it could be a lot worse using a real-life example and I also pointed out that Sony tend not to release games in the Holiday period and instead rely on third parties so I don't understand how this plan is now a shock. This isn't new and I gave one example of non-console launch related release in the past 10 years and i can't think of another.

Covid is a factor affecting the release schedule if Horizon was originally marketed for 2021. What do people want? Release a bugged mess and clean it up afterwards? You can't just defrost a Socom Remake to cover Horizon's original release date. Development takes time.

If he thinks Sony's output of PS5 games is poor, he needs to look at the first year of PS4. This generation is like a flood in comparison.
I dont think its a shock to him. He simply said we are all hungry for a sony first party game.

I know I had a rough last 7 months because I found that I cant stand any non-Sony games. Since Ratchet, the only new games I finished were Hades and It Takes Two. I played CoD, Guardians, Forza, Ascent, Halo, Cyberpunk, Kena, Avengers, and ended up leaving all of them after just a few hours. The only other games I finished were my replays of Death Stranding on PS5, and Horizon on PC. Played them both for a 100 hours too because I just couldnt get myself to play those other games. A couple of weeks ago, i went out and bought returnal again and have beaten it over 50 times since instead of going back to my backlog.

I realized that simply cannot play any non-Sony made game to completion. The last 8 months since Ratchet have been hell for me as anyone who's seen my rants go exceedingly negative would attest to. I completely sympathize with him.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
FLjWkRYX0AIsp7E

Of the games on this list I’ve played the only scores that I find suspect here are Death Stranding and Halo Inifinite. Not everyone is in love with the Ubisoft template.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I dont think its a shock to him. He simply said we are all hungry for a sony first party game.

I know I had a rough last 7 months because I found that I cant stand any non-Sony games. Since Ratchet, the only new games I finished were Hades and It Takes Two. I played CoD, Guardians, Forza, Ascent, Halo, Cyberpunk, Kena, Avengers, and ended up leaving all of them after just a few hours. The only other games I finished were my replays of Death Stranding on PS5, and Horizon on PC. Played them both for a 100 hours too because I just couldnt get myself to play those other games. A couple of weeks ago, i went out and bought returnal again and have beaten it over 50 times since instead of going back to my backlog.

I realized that simply cannot play any non-Sony made game to completion. The last 8 months since Ratchet have been hell for me as anyone who's seen my rants go exceedingly negative would attest to. I completely sympathize with him.
Fair enough. Thankfully I don't have that problem and I have polished off some of my backlog. The generation is newish still and the games tend to trickle out at this time. With GOW and Horizon delayed to this year, hopefully we will have a stacked 2022 as a result and hit full stride next year.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
realized that simply cannot play any non-Sony made game to completion. The last 8 months since Ratchet have been hell for me as anyone who's seen my rants go exceedingly negative would attest to. I completely sympathize with him.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding this but are you telling me you can't play games like Elden Ring or other third party games because they are not made by Sony!?

SlimySnake

So secure in her blackness her avatar looks white. Why is everything so political with these people in gaming?
It's just writers in general. These people are not gamers. They are art majors who couldnt get a real job at a real newspaper so they are slumming in the video games and movie industries.

The movie industry is going through the same thing. If anything, they have it worse. These writers are driving actors mad by saying only gay actors can play gay roles, and jewish actors can play jewish roles. Meryl Streep recently brought up a pretty obvious point that if she cant play a jewish woman then can a Jewish actress play a non-jewish woman? Can a gay actor ever play a straight role. Will Tom Cruise ever get a role again?

This is a game that has gone out of its way to include multiple overweight characters, made its lead actress as unattractive and average as possible, included an interracial love interest, included a trans character, a strong female black character, and yet all of that is still not good enough.

This is why I dont want any kind of pandering in games. You can never make these people happy and you end up alienating the very people you are trying to sell the game to.

Just dont listen to critics period. Make your own game. It's art. Stick to your vision. If you find yourself adding characters to fill out a checklist then your art has already been tainted.

P.S This has been bugging me, and it has to do with GG listening to critic feedback. They significantly toned down the hero lighting in the final game after DF bitched and moaned about it after the gameplay reveal. Now, they have all but removed the one major PS5 feature that set it apart from the PS4. Stop listening to critics. They are critics because they dont have the talent to be an artist.

It's just writers in general. These people are not gamers. They are art majors who couldnt get a real job at a real newspaper so they are slumming in the video games and movie industries.

The movie industry is going through the same thing. If anything, they have it worse. These writers are driving actors mad by saying only gay actors can play gay roles, and jewish actors can play jewish roles. Meryl Streep recently brought up a pretty obvious point that if she cant play a jewish woman then can a Jewish actress play a non-jewish woman? Can a gay actor ever play a straight role. Will Tom Cruise ever get a role again?

This is a game that has gone out of its way to include multiple overweight characters, made its lead actress as unattractive and average as possible, included an interracial love interest, included a trans character, a strong female black character, and yet all of that is still not good enough.

This is why I dont want any kind of pandering in games. You can never make these people happy and you end up alienating the very people you are trying to sell the game to.

Just dont listen to critics period. Make your own game. It's art. Stick to your vision. If you find yourself adding characters to fill out a checklist then your art has already been tainted.

P.S This has been bugging me, and it has to do with GG listening to critic feedback. They significantly toned down the hero lighting in the final game after DF bitched and moaned about it after the gameplay reveal. Now, they have all but removed the one major PS5 feature that set it apart from the PS4. Stop listening to critics. They are critics because they dont have the talent to be an artist.

I am PISSED about the hero lighting as well!!!

Why do devs always listen to the online whiners?? Give the option to turn it back up

Top Bottom