• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West State of Play announced for May 27th

GuinGuin

Banned
I wasn't that impressed by what I saw of Demon Souls. I thought it looked good but I was expecting more from a next gen game.

After rewatching the video with maximillian dood I was kinda shocked aloy was wearing leaves for clothes since she is fighting and riding machines. Like wouldn't those leaves get destroyed pretty quick in a battle plus she likes to roll around in battle so wouldn't they be destroyed after one outing. Wait she is wearing shorts underneath the leaf dress.

It affords her agility and camouflage. ✌️

Arun1910

Looks good, but graphical issues like all the boulders and debris disappearing.

Aloy looks like a teenager compared to the first game?

1st point - That isn't what I would call a graphical "issue". It's pretty taxing to have lots of debris just cluttering the game world, it can affect performance. That's why in many games debris disappears.

2nd - Flip this thought. She was a late Teen in the first game. She looks to be about 22-25 here.

oh those times there were 3 architectures, PowerPC on Xbox, cell architecture for PS3 and x86 for PC. It was a messy time.

I still use the original PS4, never had problems but the console is starting to show it’s age, it’s starting to make a lot of fan noise and I think loading times will get longer on cross gen games. If I had a PS4 pro I wouldn’t be worried but it’s time to get a ps5…

I said I was going to wait for a PS5pro but DAMN Horizon looks good.
They spent 2 years making Decima iirc and it shows!

sircaw

Banned
sachin-tendulkar-to-bat-for-unacademy-picks-up-strategic-stake.jpg
is that Sachin? looks like him

Horatius

Wtf is wrong with people body shaming a female game character. I think she's totally fine. Come on. A game character doesn't has to look like a miss universe. I feel that she looks more attractive in this game.
how the fuck you jog and climb mountains to kill giant ass robots for a living and still find a way to get fat

the fuck she eating, goddamn

I either 100% agree or disagree with Jaffe and this time he's right.
every gaming character needs to fit into you sexual fantasy ?

1. she looks like that in ONE shot. where she was worried about the guy on the floor and her cheeks went up.
2. how about you look at her body and her thin hands ? still think she's fat ?

Varteras

Gold Member

1. she looks like that in ONE shot. where she was worried about the guy on the floor and her cheeks went up.
Funny enough, I'm willing to bet more than half the people here criticizing her looks aren't even remotely attractive themselves and would gladly take even a handjob from her and brag about it if she were real.

harmny

Banned
0b27b8eb1bad62e77c39f684dceb1c09.jpg

Another verified VFX master to guide our eyes to the right path.

Funny you should say that because I saw a completely wrong lengthy post about lens distortion to justify aloy's potato face and it wasn't made by a "obnoxious vfx master". It was made by you.

That's the thing with ps fanboys. You can say their game looks fantastic but that is not enough. They want you to say it looks better than 2021 CGI 🤣

Last edited:

Horatius

Her face just looks all wrong and out of proportion, it's like she's pilled on the pounds but only around her chin?
she on that kumail nanjiani mode, must've found a leftover stash of hgh and just rammed it straight in.

lol @ the defenders immediately strawmanning that it's about sexual attractiveness like we're horny nine years old, fuck outta here. as if aloy didn't already exist in a game where she had a normal looking, good design that already wasn't at all sexy or sexual but still didn't require her to look like a bizarre chipmunk.

it's not a new character, they revised her design to make it shittier, sorry that we have eyes.

(also like 7% chance that it's not being done on ideological grounds but of course everyone knows this and we all have to play dumb and coy because it's venturing into political discussion)

XAOKCYo.jpg

model:zero dawn:forbidden west. totally great revision guys, everyone please clap.

GuinGuin

Banned

Funny you should say that because I saw a completely wrong lengthy post about lens distortion to justify aloy's potato face and it wasn't made by a "obnoxious vfx master". It was made by you.

That's the thing with ps fanboys. You can say their game looks fantastic but that is not enough. They want you to say it looks better than 2021 CGI 🤣

His analysis about lens distortion was accurate.

Neofire

Comments around aloys design are so damn stupid. But also highlight how close we are to photorealism.

It's gotten to the point that people are complaining about virtual characters not looking like Hollywood actors.
I completely agree, hell half these mfs in here got a gf or a blow up doll with a "potato face" and in here complaining that a fictional character doesn't have a super model's facial features. 🤣

MrS

Banned
The evidence certainly suggests there has been a deliberate attempt by GG to "uglify" Aloy. Hate to see it and would like to know their rationale for doing it. Is it coming from Sony? Would certainly explain the Selene stuff.

Vick

Gold Member
I don't understand what's going on here.
p4qxXRe.gif

Aloy concept art:

db1hw1w-153e6d08-fd03-40bd-8e77-49cca0f2f66b.png

764657ac9df47735bf6989d58decb624.jpg

Not a big deal in the end. And outside of those selected frames she certainly ain't ugly anyway.

It's gotten to the point that people are complaining about virtual characters not looking like Hollywood actors.
Hollywood actors? Are attractive people this uncommon where you live?

I completely agree, hell half these mfs in here got a gf or a blow up doll with a "potato face" and in here complaining that a fictional character doesn't have a super model's facial features. 🤣
Funny enough, I'm willing to bet more than half the people here criticizing her looks aren't even remotely attractive themselves and would gladly take even a handjob from her and brag about it if she were real.
I wouldn't take this for granted.

OZ9000

Banned
she on that kumail nanjiani mode, must've found a leftover stash of hgh and just rammed it straight in.

lol @ the defenders immediately strawmanning that it's about sexual attractiveness like we're horny nine years old, fuck outta here. as if aloy didn't already exist in a game where she had a normal looking, good design that already wasn't at all sexy or sexual but still didn't require her to look like a bizarre chipmunk.

it's not a new character, they revised her design to make it shittier, sorry that we have eyes.

(also like 7% chance that it's not being done on ideological grounds but of course everyone knows this and we all have to play dumb and coy because it's venturing into political discussion)

XAOKCYo.jpg

model:zero dawn:forbidden west. totally great revision guys, everyone please clap.
Literally don't know how they fucked this one up. Aloy looked great in Horizon 1.

But I guess Soyny gonna Soyny.

There is these new trend of making ugly female leads in all games.

I prefer playing as male characters when playing games, but if you're going to put a female character, at least make her look visually interesting.

Rea

HGNS86I.jpg

She looks fine. The lens distortion in close up shots in real life, will also make the world's most beautiful woman, ugly.
I'm not saying Aloy is the most beautiful but she looks fine. Aloy still looks like Aloy. Stop fucking body shaming. Its fucking unhealthy.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I know some ppl joke, but GTA 5 killed my PS3. Between that and TLoU. I think I got it in 2008?

Late gen, cross gen games running on old hardware can do it. I'm sure many ppl have had a PS4, XBO, Pro, One X for years now.
Which model? The fat 60 and 20 gb launch models were notorious for having ylod. I knew six guys who got it at launch and had them die within two years. Mine died in 2009 but my brothers fat 40 gb gta4 edition survived both tlou and GTA v.

Md Ray

You're a man after my own heart.

What a little Genuis he was, not as pleasing on the eye for me as Lara, i could watch that man-bat all day long, just beautiful.
Damn right. :messenger_beaming: He was such a pleasure to watch in one-day matches. I used to imitate his style of batting growing up when playing cricket with my mates.

Vick

Gold Member
The developers aren't under any obligation to adhere to your misogynistic and punitive beauty standards. Seethe.
It's funny you say this, because i would swear every developer around the world has been under the obligation to adhere to a certain trend.

Shubh_C63

Her cheek does look a little puffy. Female protagonist needs to be marketable to every audience.

Also this reminds me people saying Jesse Faden from CONTROL looks ugly. Can't we imagine normal looking people on an adventure. That man is not Arnold looking and its ok for female to not look like a dna lottery. But I do wish she was more hotter because obviously.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
p4qxXRe.gif

Aloy concept art:

db1hw1w-153e6d08-fd03-40bd-8e77-49cca0f2f66b.png

764657ac9df47735bf6989d58decb624.jpg
i posted this in the other thread, but they are merely going back to the original look in the E3 2015 reveal.

DggrDKx.gif

rA1Pzfm.gif

I personally think her Zero Dawn look was much better. She looked way more attractive and feminine and they should go back to that look.

EJ2tGHNWwAAxoqp

But if they dont. Thats ok. It's their game and their art. I dont get a say on how it's made. And I dont see myself deducting points for her look.

OZ9000

Banned
Her cheek does look a little puffy. Female protagonist needs to be marketable to every audience.

Also this reminds me people saying Jesse Faden from CONTROL looks ugly. Can't we imagine normal looking people on an adventure. That man is not Arnold looking and its ok for female to not look like a dna lottery. But I do wish she was more hotter because obviously.
Aloy isn't a couch potato who eats Doritos all days. You would expect her to be lean.

It isn't about making her look like a supermodel, but I'm not sure why they decided to add on 15 lbs to her face and take inspiration from Naughty Dog.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Aloy isn't a couch potato who eats Doritos all days. You would expect her to be lean.

It isn't about making her look like a supermodel, but I'm not sure why they decided to add on 15 lbs to her face and take inspiration from Naughty Dog.
I was thinking about that too. To maintain what she does she must be consuming like 3000 Calories+ diet a day, but yeah I know what you mean. She should look like the most athletic person ever.

Top Bottom