• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West State of Play announced for May 27th

mansoor1980

Maybe, but Nariko will always be the best female character in videogame history to me.

And don't even bother to reply.

tenor.gif
terrible combat
screen tearing
dumb storyline
low fps
laggy controls
awful level design
it was like cyberpunk levels of disappointment

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
We have them inside hotels and resorts, lol.

But outside that they can push it down to shorts and skirts before it's illegal. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Yeh I've only ever been to Musandam on a day trip from here so didn't really get a taste of what it's really like but I hear Oman in general is more strict?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yeh I've only ever been to Musandam on a day trip from here so didn't really get a taste of what it's really like but I hear Oman in general is more strict?

Police won't throw you in jail or something, they usually just talk to them to cover up if it's bikini in public places outside the allowed places. And yet you might see some in springs and so. Here I was with some mixed group coming from Dubai, mixed from many ethnicities/cultures:

72-34-211-219-833466.jpg

It can go to a fine, but policemen usually avoid that.

Last edited:

LMJ

Christ this is embarrassing of Jaffe and those immediately saying anyone who notices her face looks fatter (it does fyi) are sexist, mysoginist, virgins etc...

Christ folks, it was one of the first things you notice, but newsflash we get a bit fatter and puffiness in our face as we age...

I assume the game is set about 5 years after the first, perhaps its even story related, as in she hasn't been as active (who knows)

But trying to shut down anyone who's noticed the obvious with the usual buzzwords simply makes you look like you have no argument at all...try to debate instead perhaps ;)

kyliethicc

Christ this is embarrassing of Jaffe and those immediately saying anyone who notices her face looks fatter (it does fyi) are sexist, mysoginist, virgins etc...

Christ folks, it was one of the first things you notice, but newsflash we get a bit fatter and puffiness in our face as we age...

I assume the game is set about 5 years after the first, perhaps its even story related, as in she hasn't been as active (who knows)

But trying to shut down anyone who's noticed the obvious with the usual buzzwords simply makes you look like you have no argument at all...try to debate instead perhaps ;)
It takes place 6 months after the 1st game.

And Jaffe didn't call anyone sexist. His whole point was just "who cares?"

LMJ

It takes place 6 months after the 1st game.

And Jaffe didn't call anyone sexist. His whole point was just "who cares?"

Well then perhaps story related, and yeah Jaffe does do, direct quote from the video "not every women in a video game needs to fufill your masterbation fantasies" yeah thats a sexist complaint

When half the people are simply pointing out the obvious, she looks fatter

kyliethicc

Well then perhaps story related, and yeah Jaffe does do, direct quote from the video "not every women in a video game needs to fufill your masterbation fantasies" yeah thats a sexist complaint

When half the people are simply pointing out the obvious, she looks fatter
Nah man thats not calling anyone sexist.

Its saying "who cares if she's hot?"

I generally dont play games with a female lead because i cant put myself there like an avatar, notable exception being Metroid where i pretend she is a he. But I dont understand why there is a need to make the face ugly, i mean i dont like playing games with an ugly male lead either, doesnt mean I fantasize about male leads. *shrugs*

Rea

My apologies "fatter in the face"

I mean shit, the pic YOU posted is kind of proof. Makes her lean body look a bit awkward lol

And again SO WHAT!?! I assume it was intentional on the devs part, it doesn't keep the game from looking like great fun, but denying it is just silly...
Silly thing is that the people like you body shaming a female's body. That's disgusting. Which in fact not even true. She doesn't looks fat, she looks mature, she looks older. Think I'm done with this, don't bother replying.

LMJ

Seems we agree Rea Rea as that IS almost what I said word for word.

Silly thing is that the people like you body shaming a female's body. That's disgusting. Which in fact not even true. She doesn't looks fat, she looks mature, she looks older. Think I'm done with this, don't bother replying.

Firstly, pointing out a fact (she looks fatter in the face in the new trailer) isn't body shaming...calling her a slur or some stupid quip would be "bodyshaming"

Secondly, don't throw insults and accusations if you can't defend them Skippy! I know you're hoping more will come and dogpile me, but I STAND by my convictions proudly.

Thirdly Aloy is a warrior and can defend herself, don't need to defend her so much lol but seriously quit taking something so trivial so seriously.

• LOL
Reactions: Rea

Rea

Seems we agree Rea Rea as that IS almost what I said word for word.

Firstly, pointing out a fact (she looks fatter in the face in the new trailer) isn't body shaming...calling her a slur or some stupid quip would be "bodyshaming"

Secondly, don't throw insults and accusations if you can't defend them Skippy! I know you're hoping more will come and dogpile me, but I STAND by my convictions proudly.

Thirdly Aloy is a warrior and can defend herself, don't need to defend her so much lol but seriously quit taking something so trivial so seriously.
Your fact is wrong then, as i already pointed out, she looks mature. Not fatter.
I don't hope anything like you said. LoL. I only hope people stop criticizing others body. That's unhealthy in society.

Aloy needs defender, she's just a human after all, lol.

LMJ

Your fact is wrong then, as i already pointed out, she looks mature. Not fatter.
I don't hope anything like you said. LoL. I only hope people stop criticizing others body. That's unhealthy in society.

Aloy needs defender, she's just a human after all, lol.

Direct quote from MY 1st quote in all this silliness...
"But newsflash we get a bit fatter and puffiness in our face as we age..." again, I stated this in my first post

and with all respect Rea Rea you said I'm fat shaming, and called my behavior "disgusting...you don't know me,

Both my mother AND wife are overweight, I don't fat shame, but I also can SEE that they're overweight, I don't pretend its not there.

Aloy looks fatter in the face in the new trailer, call it fluffy, big-boned OR chubby in the face, but it IS a fact.

Will it keep me from enjoying the game NO

Am I pompous enough to demand the devs change something THEY decided upon. NO

Rea

Direct quote from MY 1st quote in all this silliness...
"But newsflash we get a bit fatter and puffiness in our face as we age..." again, I stated this in my first post

and with all respect Rea Rea you said I'm fat shaming, and called my behavior "disgusting...you don't know me,

Both my mother AND wife are overweight, I don't fat shame, but I also can SEE that they're overweight, I don't pretend its not there.

Aloy looks fatter in the face in the new trailer, call it fluffy, big-boned OR chubby in the face, but it IS a fact.

Will it keep me from enjoying the game NO

Am I pompous enough to demand the devs change something THEY decided upon. NO
Alright man. I'm sorry if i offended you.
Let's drop this.

Varteras

Gold Member
Police won't throw you in jail or something, they usually just talk to them to cover up if it's bikini in public places outside the allowed places. And yet you might see some in springs and so. Here I was with some mixed group coming from Dubai, mixed from many ethnicities/cultures:

72-34-211-219-833466.jpg

It can go to a fine, but policemen usually avoid that.
I love seeing posts like this. As an American we are rarely treated to the full picture of the Middle East. It's always a focus on the areas that are anything but laid back.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I love seeing posts like this. As an American we are rarely treated to the full picture of the Middle East. It's always a focus on the areas that are anything but laid back.

Yeah that's the case when people watch the news channels. You find these on other channels like tourism and travel, or nature related channels ;) I know some American friends who live here as well.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I made some screenshots

Ci6lrOB.jpg

4gqAcdt.jpg

kLyDVOA.jpg

g0CSEfv.jpg

rOOzqN1.jpg

q0HfB8I.jpg

CNInh0I.jpg

hK5LTmv.jpg

PUSDC8l.jpg

zkdgaJn.jpg

yr3rCF3.jpg

aN3nMTS.gif

e0BgYWR.gif

I made some but then deleted all of them. The guy behind the video capture should be fired. Spiderman MM, R&C, GT7 etc nearly all other PS Studio videos had much cleaner video capture than the one shared from GG. And knowing that GG is using Canon DSLR's instead of Sony's mirrorless cameras (best in business) makes me question some inside GG. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Neo Blaster

My guess is the release date is dependent on AAA third party and where Sony want to place the game relative to other big fall releases. Sony has been releasing their games earlier in the year for some time now so they don't interfere with other big AAA on their platform.

If the game comes out this year I'd bet September or October; highly doubt anything past that. Fingers crossed we get a fall 21' release date a few weeks after all the other publishers E3 announcements.
No way Sony would leave second half of 2021 game-free while MS come with Halo and Nintendo with a possible BOTW2 release.

Last edited:
Guerrilla basically just improved their tech and character models. Still the same character.

Its like how Insomniac redesigned their Peter Parker model for PS5.

txBbHMw.jpg
One thing I've been really impressed by are the facial animations and the facial detail in Forbidden West, and also with other PS5 titles like Spiderman remastered and MM (+others).

Going back to PS4 games you really notice the staleness in the facial animations and it bugs me looking at them considering what the PS5 titles offers.

kyliethicc

I agree, really thinking the update will come only after R&C releases so they don't clash.
Eh, Sony clash all the time.

They did a Ratchet State of Play the same day as Returnal reviews dropped.

They did their big Future of Gaming showcase a few days before The Last of Us Part II launched, etc.

Who knows when the fuck Sony is gonna do another big E3 style show. I assume it'll be June, but who knows.

Top Bottom