• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West State of Play announced for May 27th

kungfuian

I keep reading this; has Sony actually said this?
The industry has shifted to a much more balanced release calendar over the last generation with Sony leading that charge. I don't think they have outright announced it, but they clearly shifted their big games into the first part of the year; 2020 being the exception, because they had to have exclusives at launch (cough cough Microsoft cough). In the last 3 years the only 1st party game to release past October was death stranding, which they published but is not a Sony owned studio. Going from memory this pattern changed going back to early PS4 years.

A generation ago all their big games released in the fall, along with everyone else's, but the Call of Duty effect was an issue with one big game cutting into everyone's sales and just too many releases in the fall in general. Pretty sure Sony and a few other big publishers saw this hurting sales.

In Sony's case there is additional incentive as it doesn't make sense for them to compete with big money making publishing partners unnecessarily. They do not have the Nintendo model, where sales are predominantly Nintendo only IP on their platform. Sony have set up their business to more equally promote both their own games and their third party publishing partners.

Based on that I'd be very surprised to see HFW release past October.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
She was a teenager in the first game..

She's nearing 40 in the second game...

You know.. most people look different when they are 40 than when they are 18.

There is your explanation for your weird ass obsession with how she looks different.

edit: Guess that is wrong.. googling the dates comes back with some article saying she is 40 lol, they mixed up that she was only being born in the beginning of the last game

Last edited:

jose4gg

She was a teenager in the first game..

She's nearing 40 in the second game...

You know.. most people look different when they are 40 than when they are 18.

There is your explanation for your weird ass obsession with how she looks different.

She can be 25, she is beautiful, I don't understand the majority of these comments, yes she looks different, but are you telling me you meet a girl like her in real life and you call her "ugly", really some incel energy coming from this thread and all the other threads regarding Aloy look.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
She can be 25, she is beautiful, I don't understand the majority of these comments, yes she looks different, but are you telling me you meet a girl like her in real life and you call her "ugly", really some incel energy coming from this thread and all the other threads regarding Aloy look.
This game is set 6 months after the first game. she is still 18.

Horizon Forbidden West continues six months after the events of Horizon Zero Dawn. Aloy, a machine hunter, has travelled west to investigate a mysterious and deadly blight.

Elios83

I do not get this move. The date that they chose to show this off is so odd.

Is it possible that Playstation has such a jam packed event around or after E3 that they choose to show this off first? Playstation must know that people expect big drops around E3, regardless of Playstation participating in E3 or not.

If that's not the case, Playstation would for real shoot itself in the foot by not withholding this till around or after E3.

It's a big game, they want it to get the spotlight.
And what a spotlight it got with the trailer at 5.4 million views just on the Playstation channel. Those are incredible stats.
During a 1-1.5 hours conference you simply can't give 15 minutes to a single game. In this way they buit a lot of hype around the game.
In the big digital event later this month we'll likely get an other trailer with the release date as Guerrilla hinted on Twitter.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I love seeing posts like this. As an American we are rarely treated to the full picture of the Middle East. It's always a focus on the areas that are anything but laid back.
When we where in Egypt heading to Luxor for the day we got on really well with our driver so much so he wanted to show us some authentic Egypt so he detoured us to his village on the way back to our hotel, i mean this place was in the middle of nowhere and i was joking with him that if i see a fucking orange jumpsuit i'm fucking murdering him but we arrived at a shack by the road surrounded by endless fields where all the men from the local villages come to have a beer and chill out, so in we go and there's a fridge being powered from fuck knows where full of cold ass beer, so we (wife and i) sat there and i bought a few rounds for the locals and had a blast, talking shite and getting slightly wasted until it was time to get back on the road... yeah don't believe your news, especially American News.. fuck me i've seen enough of it to know its a total fuckshow of lies and exaggerations no matter what way you lean, the middle east is cool as fuck

Top Bottom