• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - free to download and keep from April 19 to May 14 + 9 other free games

nowhat

I wonder how hard it'll be to jump back into HZD for the dlc, which I heard pushes the difficulty level, when I've totally forgotten how to play the game.
Nominally it's for level 30 and onwards, but IMHO it's 35+ especially on harder difficulties. To get started, that is, towards the end something like near level 50 won't hurt. But on the upside, if you're way underleveled you will level up quickly (if you survive the encounters, that is).

Concern

Then you have the other half, fortunately.

mrw GIF

Don't have vr for them lol

So Sony gives you for free awesome triple aaa games to have forever, good, i find that better than having any Paying service full of mediocre fillers
So you think that this is how they are going to compete with game pass or what? I won't knock them for giving out free games, my psvr is eating after all, but it's clear you are stretching to make yourself feel better about not having game pass. It's so weird how this site has so many pro capitalism posters, but the second they need to cough up more money for a pc or an Xbox, they dig deep into anti capital territory and suddenly have no money.

Last edited:
So you think that this is how they are going to compete with game pass or what? I won't knock them for giving out free games, my psvr is eating after all, but it's clear you are stretching to make yourself feel better about not having game pass. It's so weird how this site has so many pro capitalism posters, but the second they need to cough up more money for a pc or an Xbox, they dig deep into anti capital territory and suddenly have no money.

Meh, I have GamePass and it's overrated. Most of the games there I played long before they came to the service. The vast majority you can buy outright forever for less than the price of renting a month of GP.

Also, sometimes I'll remember a game I saw on GP and I'll decide to finally give it a play, only to find it's been taken off the service. Most games just show up for a short time, then go away. At least with PS+ the games are there for whenever you are currently subscribed.

Last edited:
It's no secret how much I dislike Sony's current output, but this is one of the most incredibly generous moves I ever saw in my life. Just phenomenal stuff, great timing to do it and a very kind offering to their players. I sincerely applaud everyone behind it, it's one of the most all around awesome moves I ever saw in this industry. Mad respect and thank you very much.

SoraNoKuni

Great stuff, Sony appears to be working on something anti gamepass even if this is lackluster versus gamepass at the moment.

Competition is good, except if they go and buy every publisher on the industry, then that's the person that gets all the monopoly blocks and the game is over.

Hugare

So Sony gives you for free awesome triple aaa games to have forever, good, i find that better than having any Paying service full of mediocre fillers
With a tag like that, and still making posts like these?

Some people are really slow learners huh

Anyway, amazing list of games. I was interested in Subnautica for a while, so I'm glad that I'm gonna get it.

G-Bus

Banned
Oh, Subnautica. Have wanted to play this for a little bit now.

Don't sleep on The Witness. Damn good puzzle game. Been meaning to do another playthrough.

Freeman76

It's no secret how much I dislike Sony's current output, but this is one of the most incredibly generous moves I ever saw in my life. Just phenomenal stuff, great timing to do it and a very kind offering to their players. I sincerely applaud everyone behind it, it's one of the most all around awesome moves I ever saw in this industry. Mad respect and thank you very much.
Its a great move but the ONLY reason this is happening is because MS are looking very generous at the moment and Sony have to do something to keep up with that.

Redlancet

Banned
a lot of people on my ignore list trying to be edgy

listen little fellas,we had almost a mesianic following of certain services with are filled with subpar offerings and every day a lot of people telling us how sony its anticonsumer when they made moves like this ,giving ratchet and all the ps plus collection,nah i still prefer this to any sub service ,dont get mad little fellas,its free,you dont need to use that dollar,enjoy the real triple aaa games

Never played The Witness, always looked interesting.

I think this rules out a paid HZD PS5 Remaster coming. Would be great if a free PS5 patch came with this.

Enter the Gungeon is maybe my favorite indie game of all time. Definitely the best roguelike I have played. Put in over 100 hrs but all I have left to do is beat the Resourceful Rat and the Advanced Dragun.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
All these free games are great for non ps fans. Pretty much everyone here has already bought Horizon and Ratchet.

If Sony really wanted to be nice, they should release 60 fps patches for ratchet and horizon. And 120 fps 1440p patches for astro bot.

Banjo64

cumsessed
a lot of people on my ignore list trying to be edgy

listen little fellas,we had almost a mesianic following of certain services with are filled with subpar offerings and every day a lot of people telling us how sony its anticonsumer when they made moves like this ,giving ratchet and all the ps plus collection,nah i still prefer this to any sub service ,dont get mad little fellas,its free,you dont need to use that dollar,enjoy the real triple aaa games
If they’re on your ignore list how do you know they’ve posted? What a fucking potato you are to post this shit in a positive vibes thread.

Multiple clowns bringing up Xbox Game Pass in a Sony thread and bizarrely they are all Sony fanboys. Little boy syndrome down below me thinks.

Top Bottom