• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - free to download and keep from April 19 to May 14 + 9 other free games

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's a great gesture and a great game don't ruin the thread with your fanboy shit tho
If they’re on your ignore list how do you know they’ve posted? What a fucking potato you are to post this shit in a positive vibes thread.

Multiple clowns bringing up Xbox Game Pass in a Sony thread and bizarrely they are all Sony fanboys. Little boy syndrome down below me thinks.
Looks like warrior Redlancet messed with his posts and is on Perm warning for console wars.

nowhat

Wtf is Nintendo doing for their fans?
tenor.gif

NickFire

Free stuff is always good but surely Sony need to be thinking about competing with gamepass now
Free stuff and PS+ (base and collection) seems to be their way of competing with the current version of Gamepass. As of now, what's the big difference really? One is partially free games / partially a 60 annual rental, and the other is a 180 annual rental.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
All these free games are great for non ps fans. Pretty much everyone here has already bought Horizon and Ratchet.

If Sony really wanted to be nice, they should release 60 fps patches for ratchet and horizon. And 120 fps 1440p patches for astro bot.

Hey they're free and I doubt HZD had 100M sales, so there are tens of millions of people that haven't played it and even if you have play it again. If I still had a PS4 I'd most definitely play it again.

Last edited:
All these free games are great for non ps fans. Pretty much everyone here has already bought Horizon and Ratchet.
I really don't know why people make themselves look stupid by saying things like this. Games like Ratchet and Horizon didn't sell 100+ million copies or even half that. There are tens of millions of PS4 owners who haven't played them.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Its a great move but the ONLY reason this is happening is because MS are looking very generous at the moment and Sony have to do something to keep up with that.
Not really? They've been doing this since last year and you don't need a subscription to get them, unlike MS.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I just finished Trine 4 on PC...The Witness at one time was in the back of my mind. Might give this one a shot. Abzu too. Thanks Sony

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I really don't know why people make themselves look stupid by saying things like this. Games like Ratchet and Horizon didn't sell 100+ million copies or even half that. There are tens of millions of PS4 owners who haven't played them.
Learn to read.

Its a great move but the ONLY reason this is happening is because MS are looking very generous at the moment and Sony have to do something to keep up with that.

I don't think this greatly generous action needs to be looked at from that angle. It's a very hard time for everyone in the world and theoretically corporations should play a part in the efforts to lessen the effects of this largely unprecedented health crisis and while Sony isn't doing some gargantuan thing that will have like real world implications, they're at least doing SOMETHING in this specific context. Which is far more than it could be said for Nintendo or Microsoft.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hey they're free and I doubt HZD had 100M sales, so there are tens of millions of people that haven't played it and even if you have play it again. If I still had a PS4 I'd most definitely play it again.
the point im trying to make is that most Sony fans on this board have already played this game. any true playstation fan has. sure, this is great for people who didnt even want to spend $10 to buy horizon but i dont understand the point of giving out games their most dedicated fans have already played. this is basically rewarding the part of their 100 million userbase who never really gave a shit about these games in the first place.

now if they came with next gen enhancements, thats a different story.

Trogdor1123

Pretty awesome, I was about to buy subnautica.

I guess I should kind of retract my comments from the other day and Sony announcing nothing.

GymWolf

I really want to try Horizon zd and I will once it's 10$ on Steam. Lots of great games in that list though.
Just please, start the game at ultra hard (or very hard then switch to ultra hard) if you are good with tps and action games, the combat system really shines on max difficulty, normal and hard are respectively super easy and easy with very hard being normal\kinda hard.

ultra hard is where the fun is, it's frustating at the start (from games level of brutality) but you get used to it after a while and it makes you play the game as intended (also the progression is far more meaningful)

Just switch to hard or normal for the challenges where you can get bronze, argent or gold, those are extremely frustrating on ultra hard or very hard, like almost impossible to do, you wanna get the gold in all of them to get some of the best weapons in the vanilla game (dlc has even more powerful weapons).

Maybe avoid some sidequest if you don't feel them and get straight with the main story, that's the best part for sure.
(although some sidemission are pretty cool and you get more allies for the final battle, and it's pretty great when you have all the allies you helped fighting with you in a large scale battle)

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Nice, I'll finally be able to play Horizon's expansion. :)

The indies are also very cool, I'll be checking out Subnautica and Enter the Gungeon.

Gamerguy84

Oh this comes with DLC nice. I didn't play Frozen wilds although I meant to.

I guess its time to play through. It's a great game, the combat, weapons, enemies are amazing.

Just please, start the game at ultra hard (or very hard then switch to ultra hard) if you are good with tps and action games, the combat system really shines on max difficulty, normal and hard are respectively super easy and easy with very hard being normal\kinda hard.

ultra hard is where the fun is, it's frustating at the start (from games level of brutality) but you get used to it after a while and it makes you play the game as intended (also the progression is far more meaningful)

Just switch to hard or normal for the challenges where you can get bronze, argent or gold, those are extremely frustrating on ultra hard or very hard, like almost impossible to do, you wanna get the gold in all of them to get some of the best weapons in the vanilla game (dlc has even more powerful weapons).

Maybe avoid some sidequest if you don't feel them and get straight with the main story, that's the best part for sure.
(although some sidemission are pretty cool and you get more allies for the final battle, and it's pretty great when you have all the allies you helped fighting with you in a large scale battle)
Thanks for the heads up. I usually play game types I'm familiar with at the difficulty above normal to start. Typically find normal too easy. I'm nearly 40 so I find most new style games to be way too easy.

Majukun

bought horizon an year ago, stopped paying after getting bored by the heavely scripted introduction/tutorial part...I suppose i should give the game a second chance

most of the oher games i already own on pc or do not interest me

GymWolf

Thanks for the heads up. I usually play game types I'm familiar with at the difficulty above normal to start. Typically find normal too easy. I'm nearly 40 so I find most new style games to be way too easy.
Then start at very hard and see if it's too frustrating.

Like i said, ultra hard at least for the first half of the game (and some encounters late in the game and in the dlc) is from soft level of brutality if not more.

But when you get the hang of the combat system and how weak spots and elemental weakness work it's immensely satisfying to fuck up the dinobot who were giving you problems, sooner or later you become OP like in most open world games.

Great, going back to Zero Dawn after 4 years, haven’t played DLC. I remember playing on hardest difficulty at the time, I’ll be surprised if I know how to walk when I start again. 😆

Subnautica has great word of mouth so I’m eager to try that. Everything else...meh.

Thanks Sony, strong response to Microsoft’s recent activities.

FastOrc

This is a nice freebie, i will take it.
Some more games added to my library. glad i got a ps5 this generation.

That is dope. Will gladly take Abzu and the Witness thank you. My as well scoop the rest.

I bought Horizon physical, and I promise I finish playing through it before the sequel comes out! Just need to wait for the PS5 update. It really deserves all the acclaim and is worth trying if you are considering!

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
the point im trying to make is that most Sony fans on this board have already played this game. any true playstation fan has. sure, this is great for people who didnt even want to spend $10 to buy horizon but i dont understand the point of giving out games their most dedicated fans have already played. this is basically rewarding the part of their 100 million userbase who never really gave a shit about these games in the first place.

now if they came with next gen enhancements, thats a different story.
How many people on here for example had the DLC though?

I don’t plan on playing any of these now, but perhaps in the future when I have a PS5. Is it enough to press the download button in the store to own them or do I need to download them.

Top Bottom