• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - free to download and keep from April 19 to May 14 + 9 other free games

Banned

Fucking fantastic! No Plus required.

Other games;

• Abzu
• Enter the Gungeon
• Rez Infinite
• Subnautica
• The Witness
• Astro Bot Rescue Mission (PSVR)
• Moss (PSVR)
• Thumper (PSVR)
• Paper Beast (PSVR)

of all these games, some of which are really good, you chose Horizon Zero Fun as the thread title game?

guys, ignore that mediocre wannabe Ubisoft game and play The Witness, which is a sublime puzzle game

Rez and Subnautica are also great

ToadMan

oprah-you-get-a-car-gif-7.gif

Well now that’s a nice surprise.

Definitely a few titles on there I missed before but can try. Rez is the stand out for me, but also abzu and gungeon were ones I never got round to.

Gotta say, Sony has been killing it with the handouts since the PS5 launch.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Horizon great game can’t wait to get back in that world feels like second play throughs are better.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
That's pretty crazy. I mean even if you have all of these games you'd be an idiot to not recognize that this is a great gesture by Sony.

This isn't a "gesture" at all, it's an attempt to keep customers, plain and simple. They certainly aren't doing this because they love spending money for nothing......

I'm happy that completion has come to this! As gamers we win!

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Really dislike HZD. Played abzu for a bit on gamepass and didn’t enjoy it either. Enter the gungeon is easily the best game there. If you haven’t played it your gonna love it.

e&e

Banned
I wish I was a kid with unlimited time to enjoy ALL THESE GAMES! Kids don’t know how good they have it! Hats off to Sony, Goddam!

Edit: If it’s not Nintendo and the game is not dirt cheap, I am never buying another game! I can live off this and GamePass!

Last edited:

Agent X

That's an awesome list of games! I've played several of them already (mostly through PS Plus or PS Now, although I did buy Rez Infinite at release), but I'm happy to have the opportunity to add them permanently to my collection.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This isn't a "gesture" at all, it's an attempt to keep customers, plain and simple. They certainly aren't doing this because they love spending money for nothing......

I'm happy that completion has come to this! As gamers we win!
Sure, but also imagine a customer getting a PS5 and say a month or so of PS+ (redeem all now, start playing the PS+ games you need PS+ active for first if you want to minimise the money you spend on the subscription).

This is what they get for free and can keep without PS+:
  • Astro’s Play Room
  • Abzu
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • The Witness
  • Subnautica
  • Moss
  • Rez Infinite
  • Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
  • Thumper
  • Paper Beast
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Ratchet and Clank
That is 12 free games ( one from the PS+ collection and one pre-installed).

Then you have the following from your PS+ Collection exclusive to PS5 owners:
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bloodborne
  • Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • God of War
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Until Dawn

Then you have your PS+ games for March:
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Marquette
  • Remnant: From the Ashes
  • Farpoint
  • Destruction: All Stars

Not a bad list at all.

Last edited:

wd40

lmao i've been waiting for Rez Infinite to go on sale for months now, and they're just giving it away haha

also i really liked the talos principle so I'll probably like the witness

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

I just had a quick nose as I read in this thread that FF Remake was on PS+ this month and was trying to grab it and saw this..
G9xV5wx.jpg

Is this some major bullshit or what?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I just had a quick nose as I read in this thread that FF Remake was on PS+ this month and was trying to grab it and saw this..
G9xV5wx.jpg

Is this some major bullshit or what?

It is a bit bullshit because they left it in the footnotes, but it is not completely incomprehensible.

Great stuff, Sony appears to be working on something anti gamepass even if this is lackluster versus gamepass at the moment.

Competition is good, except if they go and buy every publisher on the industry, then that's the person that gets all the monopoly blocks and the game is over.

LoL how is Sony offering lackluster when Sony gives you great games as part of existing subscription without any price increase or sometimes totally for free and those games stay permanently tied to your account always available (you can stop subscription and restart any moment and they will be there) while Microsft asks you for extra cash (3 times more as PSN +) and offers you short term rental with games being dropped after year or two ?

Arun1910

I know a lot of people will shit on these games due to the new Bethesda/Game Pass scenario but good on Sony for pushing indie titles. They're not normally for me, but you have to respect Sony giving small time devs a chance to get recognised.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Something something hurray, years-old games something something :messenger_winking_tongue:

Nice gift. I don’t have a PS4/5, but I know someone who might be interested.

martino

of all these games, some of which are really good, you chose Horizon Zero Fun as the thread title game?

guys, ignore that mediocre wannabe Ubisoft game and play The Witness, which is a sublime puzzle game

Rez and Subnautica are also great
200.gif

Horizon has good in it too.

Papacheeks

Banned
I bet an update for horizon zero dawn is coming for PS5 along with this. I also bet news on Forbidden west is going to follow either having it's own state of play or another May-June showcase like last year.

Top Bottom