• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn remake for PS5 is not being developed by Guerrilla Games – Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Horizon-Zero-Dawn-1140x815.jpg

source

Horizon Zero Dawn may have a PS5 remake in the works, but it would not be developed by Guerrilla, according to an insider.

Well-known journalist and insider Colin Moriarty , host of the Sacred Symbols podcast, in the new episode of the program revealed one small but interesting detail regarding the Horizon: Zero Dawn remake for PlayStation 5, rumors about which first appeared in early October.

Moriarty cannot confirm the details of the project with complete certainty, but claims that the development of the updated game is being carried out without the direct involvement of Guerrilla Games.

According to him, he heard that some other team is working on a remake of Horizon: Zero Dawn, but did not disclose who exactly, so as not to substitute his source.

“We’re also assuming that [Guerrilla] is making the Horizon remake thing there, although, if that’s real, what I’ve heard is that it’s at another team”
Moriarty said

At the same time, Guerrilla itself is currently also immersed in work on the franchise.

Rykan

I still think it's hilarious that there's more versions of The Last of us 1 than there are total games in the franchise.

This game does not need to be remade. It's not good enough to justify it, and the PS5 and PC versions still look excellent. I love remakes, but remake things that actively benefit from it. Or just make that Killzone HD collection already.

yurinka

I think there's no HZD remake in the works at all. At Guerrilla or anywhere else.

If Sony is doing something, I bet it would be only a PS5 SKU of the game with the typical next gen minor additions (faster loading, 3D audio, Dual Sense support, higher framerate or resolution) copy pasted from the PC port and HFW. Basically the PS5 patch of the game, not a remake or remaster.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Still not buying that it is a "remake" at all. It will just be a remastered "Director's Cut" like Ghost of Tsushima.
It's half remake, half remaster. They are replacing the assets with the new character models from the second game along with lighting and foliage changes. It's basically TLOU Part 1 except that this was already a PS4 game, not a PS3 one like TLOU1. Not to mention it already got a 60 fps patch on PS5.

vivftp

It's pretty straight forward as far as I'm concerned. If one of their last gen or older games is getting a PC release or an upcoming show/movie, then they'll put in the work to update it to more modern standards so that all the new folks who are being introduced to the new franchise will get to play as modern a version as possible for the current gen. If it's a free update then great, if it's a paid update then existing owners have a choice of whether the upgrades are worth it or not.

The leaked document indicated this was a remaster that's occurring, not a remake. No doubt they'll want to update the game to be more in line with what Horizon Forbidden West offers for the folks who will watch the Netflix series. I wouldn't be surprised if God of War 2018 gets a similar update later on before the Amazon series drops.

It's a move that lets them put their best foot forward for a large new audience that their games will be introduced to with a relatively small investment that likely doesn't take any significant resources away from their other projects. Getting upset over this would just be plain silly. As for other games that could've also received updates, that could also possibly happen down the road. Using Bloodborne as an example, does anyone seriously think that Sony paid to have Demon's Souls remade for the PS5, but would completely ignore and forget about Bloodborne? It'll happen, but Horizon getting a remaster has nothing to do with whether other games will or won't get some sort of update.

CJ_75

Perhaps it is being done by Nixxes located 45 minutes from Guerrilla's HQ. Decima engine has scaled up very nicely. It is far more capable now since Guerrilla and Kojima Productions are working on the same code. If it does look as pretty as Forbidden West then count me in at full price.

ironmang

Doesnt matter who is making it. The fact that its in development just five years after the first game is so ridiculously stupid, it shouldnt even be happening.
It really is getting silly now. This isn't RE2 or FF7 where technology has improved massively since their releases. This is a last gen game that's playable on current gen hardware.

Last edited:

Crayon

It can't be a remake. The original still looks better than most games. It would cost a fortune to make an improvement that we would call a remake. It's just a rerelease ps5 sku.

EDMIX

Doesnt matter who is making it. The fact that its in development just five years after the first game is so ridiculously stupid, it shouldnt even be happening.

yea so ridiculously stupid to make money and shouldn't be happening....am I doing it right? lol

Still not buying that it is a "remake" at all. It will just be a remastered "Director's Cut" like Ghost of Tsushima.

This.

I don't see shit even remotely pointing to this being some "remake" and it sound like that term is being forced in this shit for clicks and hyperbole.

We got a remaster of The Last Of Us 1 literally 1 year after

We got a remaster of Ghost Of Tsushima 1 year after...

ohhhh shit 5 years later a remaster comes out! OMG who would have thought woooooooooooooow this is so new and crazy to think company makes money and will continue to seek to make money!

Whats next? Shows having re-runs and box set collections to make more money? When will the horror end? /s

SlimySnake SlimySnake

"- Bloodborne
- DriveClub
- The Last Guardian
- Shadow Of the Collosus
- Until Dawn
- The Order

Could all use PS5 patches. But hey, lets hire a studio to remake Horizon."

Shit, you mean all the games that fucking sold less then Horizon? yea....soooo I think many of those games might still get some PS5 update or remaster and for all you know that might already be in the works for some of them, but I don't see the point in getting upset they hired a studio to do this for Horizon, only to then what? fucking cry about a series of flops that didn't get remasters?

I don't get it?

Is it "ridiculously stupid" that its happening or is it "ridiculously stupid" that its not happening to Until Dawn or The Order 1886?

Last edited:
You keep buyin', they keep makin'. If it's not a fucking remake, or a remaster, it's a sequel to the same 3 IPs. Good, healthy pool of (timed) exclusives there.

yea so ridiculously stupid to make money and shouldn't be happening....am I doing it right? lol

This.

I don't see shit even remotely pointing to this being some "remake" and it sound like that term is being forced in this shit for clicks and hyperbole.

We got a remaster of The Last Of Us 1 literally 1 year after

We got a remaster of Ghost Of Tsushima 1 year after...

ohhhh shit 5 years later a remaster comes out! OMG who would have thought woooooooooooooow this is so new and crazy to think company makes money and will continue to seek to make money!

Whats next? Shows having re-runs and box set collections to make more money? When will the horror end? /s

SlimySnake SlimySnake

"- Bloodborne
- DriveClub
- The Last Guardian
- Shadow Of the Collosus
- Until Dawn
- The Order

Could all use PS5 patches. But hey, lets hire a studio to remake Horizon."

Shit, you mean all the games that fucking sold less then Horizon? yea....soooo I think many of those games might still get some PS5 update or remaster and for all you know that might already be in the works for some of them, but I don't see the point in getting upset they hired a studio to do this for Horizon, only to then what? fucking cry about a series of flops that didn't get remasters?

I don't get it?

Is it "ridiculously stupid" that its happening or is it "ridiculously stupid" that its not happening to Until Dawn or The Order 1886?

And why the Hell are you mad?

Last edited:

EDMIX

You keep buyin', they keep makin'. If it's not a fucking remake, it's a sequel to the same 3 IPs. Good, healthy pool of (timed) exclusives there.

And why the Hell are you mad?

Never said I was mad and I'm not even buying this lol

vivftp vivftp Agreed 100%, but gamers are amongst some of the slowest consumers. They will literally find reasons to cry over shit.

ie "if only PS5 was BC" ...PS5 is BC and you can play Horizon
"ok, but if only it was at 60 fps an-" free next gen patch...
"ok but a remix will have the team busy and now th-" different studio doing it..
"derrrr dis dupidz"

lol

Its even funnier as you are seeing people run out of excuse to complain. They have to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new series of reasons.

Never said I was mad and I'm not even buying this lol

vivftp vivftp Agreed 100%, but gamers are amongst some of the slowest consumers. They will literally find reasons to cry over shit.

ie "if only PS5 was BC" ...PS5 is BC and you can play Horizon
"ok, but if only it was at 60 fps an-" free next gen patch...
"ok but a remix will have the team busy and now th-" different studio doing it..
"derrrr dis dupidz"

lol

Its even funnier as you are seeing people run out of excuse to complain. They have to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new series of reasons.

New Year's in like 10 minutes here, stop being so insane, and calm down.

EDMIX

New Year's in like 10 minutes here, stop being so insane, and calm down.

Stop going OT and trying to harass users to stop posting.

Added to ignore and you can do the same. Enjoy your new years.

think they were asking for ps3 bc which is the only system PS5 can't seem to emulate even though RPCS3 exists

Well I brought that up based on what folks said prior before PS5's reveal regarding remasters. It was stated that cause PS4 didn't have BC, that was the reason for remasters or something (which I never believed as it doesn't really make that much sense when you look it up)

So sure many are asking for PS3 BC, but the comment was based on what folks said prior. This idea that they'd be ok with remaster if only fans had a choice with BC. I just never believed that cause here we are with BC and folks crying over remasters...

(Semi OT, PS5 not emulating PS3 is a good ass reason to never sell a PS3 lol, I got a few of em)

Umbasaborne Umbasaborne has become? lol they've been doing remasters, HD versions, collections etc for generations lol

Killzone? ironically it got a remaster on PS3...

With its age, it makes more sense for that to be remade mind you along with Killzone 2, so unlikely for a remaster and more likely for a remake, but for all you know that is already happening or something.

And why Horizon? It moved 20 million, that shouldn't be shocking that they'd remaster it.

If a Killzone 1 or 2 remake is happening, maybe GG prefers to handle that themselves in house with the other half of their team

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

Not a fan of how safe, and cheap sony has become. Of all the games to remaster, fucking horizon? Not even killzone, of course they will give some cheap bs excuse when we all know the reason is it was fast and inexpensive for them to do that as opposed to remastering a ps3 game that actually needs it
We'd rather have kill one, resistance, socom, and infamous remade

Stop going OT and trying to harass users to stop posting.

Added to ignore and you can do the same. Enjoy your new years.

Well I brought that up based on what folks said prior before PS5's reveal regarding remasters. It was stated that cause PS4 didn't have BC, that was the reason for remasters or something (which I never believed as it doesn't really make that much sense when you look it up)

So sure many are asking for PS3 BC, but the comment was based on what folks said prior. This idea that they'd be ok with remaster if only fans had a choice with BC. I just never believed that cause here we are with BC and folks crying over remasters...

(Semi OT, PS5 not emulating PS3 is a good ass reason to never sell a PS3 lol, I got a few of em)

I never added anyone to ignore ever, and i never will.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

EDMIX

We'd rather have kill one, resistance, socom, and infamous remade

lol you'd just have another set of gamers like "wooooow WE'D RATHER have The Getaway, Heavenly Sword, Folklore"

That makes much more sense, you know......the ones that failed lol

I say this as a person that literally wants The Getaway remade or rebooted etc, but I get why they'd do Horizon over anything you or me even listed.

i'll sell mine once rpcs3 gets good... but that won't be for a while, now

happy new years to the both of you EDMIX EDMIX
Happy new years!

happy new years to both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom