• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How are Tell Tale games these days?

cormack12

Gold Member
I remember trying one of these back in the day, think it was the first episode of GoT, this exact one

I completed it and then just never went back. I never really got into the hype around The Wolf Among Us either. I have played other low gameplay stuff like Edith Finch, LiS, Everybody's gone to the rapture. The trailer for the expanse looks like there might be more gameplay compared to my first outing with TT, anyone got any thoughts? Also, I thought TT made the original Tales from Borderlands but it's not on their game list: https://www.telltale.com/category/games/ - and are Gearbox now doing the Tale from Borderlands we saw yesterday?

YCoCg

They don't exist anymore, they were bought out and dissolved and most left. Tales from Borderlands DOES have the same staff that worked on it at Telltale but they're now in-house, Sam & Max remasters and VR stuff is done by "Skunkape Games" which is mainly the old Telltale Staff that worked on Sam & Max, etc.

GymWolf

I loved the got one and the one with the fairytales characters.

Borderlands is nice too.

I heard that batman is pretty good aswell.

Star-Lord

I enjoyed the Minecraft one they did a good few years back, and Batman was pretty decent. Other than that, though, their games were...meh.

bootaski

I enjoyed GoT, it was my first platinum. The story and writing were good. Telltale's problem was that the games were all the same and never did anything new.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Still waiting on that sequel to GoT...
At least wolf is getting a sequel. That and borderlands are their best work imo.

SeraphJan

I don't enjoy their game at all, not only choice matters to absolutely nothing, the highly praised storytelling is overrated soap opera with extremely slow pacing and useless suspense that leads to nothing, you could literally finish the first episode then immediate jump to the final episode and won't miss much of the engagement to save yourself time.

I take Quantic Dream games over Telltales any day, at least they have good graphic and big budget, the choice in Detroit Become Human do actually matter (which is the key for interactive film type of game, or else why play them at all, just watch a goddamn movie).

Or I'll take Japanese style of visual novel like 428: Shibuya Scramble and Steins;Gates, at least for those game the story are actually good

Last edited:
Top Bottom