• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can I remote play my PS5 on PC?

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
Just finished a remote play session on Xbox on my laptop, very simple, official Xbox app, click remote play, im in. As simple as the xbox phone app

but, how can I do this with ps5? havent find a simple way, even the phone app isnt straightforward, I use a third party phone app in order to be able to use anything other than a ps4/ps5 controller.

Kinda similar on pc, I am using a 8bitdo controller, and its nice xbox lets you use any controller.

Anyhow, sorry for long post, just looking for the simplest way possible to remote play my ps5 on my pc, with my same 8bitdo controller. If there is an 'official' way, but I have to carry my only dualsense with me, then nope

jorgejjvr

Gold Member

Beechos

link seems to be about using a xbox controller on ps5, not using any controller on pc to stream/remote play my ps5
How about this? I think this was the app i was thinking of originally. https://www.rewasd.com/releases/release-5.1.0
"reWASD 5.1 makes it possible to use PS4 Remote Play with Xbox controller or any other gamepad we support and you have. Just download and install reWASD, create a new config, choose Virtual DS4 for this config and map any DS4 button to the correspondent physical control. Then just launch PS4 Remote Play — Xbox controller, PS3 gamepad, Nintendo Switch Pro or Joy-Con couple will be detected as an original device from now."

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
How about this? I think this was the app i was thinking of originally. https://www.rewasd.com/releases/release-5.1.0
"reWASD 5.1 makes it possible to use PS4 Remote Play with Xbox controller or any other gamepad we support and you have. Just download and install reWASD, create a new config, choose Virtual DS4 for this config and map any DS4 button to the correspondent physical control. Then just launch PS4 Remote Play — Xbox controller, PS3 gamepad, Nintendo Switch Pro or Joy-Con couple will be detected as an original device from now."
Will try that

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
this worked flawlessly thank you! just curious, it says ps5 can do 1080p, but i only see a 720 option

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
DS4Windows can stimulate Dualshock 4 input with an 8bitdo that is set to Switch Mode
sexy sexual romance GIF

Top Bottom