• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How come GAF doesn't have a TotY award? "Thread of the year"

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Just an idea. Over the course of a year the community can come up with Epic threads. These often times cover megatons, hilariously funny, highly educational or extremely well done OTs and etc. etc.. I think it would be cool for some of the hardest working posters to get some recognition for their contribution. Hell, could even make it an awards type show with multiple categories...I dunno.

The thought just came to mind while I was answering nature's call...ya know...where all the best thinking happens and it dawned on me. It would be cool to have an end of the year celebration for the community.

I don't know if this has been done before, but even if it never happens, what do you folks think?

Good Idea, or should I have flushed it down the toilet along with my essence?

Kuranghi

Just an idea. Over the course of a year the community can come up with Epic threads. These often times cover megatons, hilariously funny, highly educational or extremely well done OTs and etc. etc.. I think it would be cool for some of the hardest working posters to get some recognition for their contribution. Hell, could even make it an awards type show with multiple categories...I dunno.

The thought just came to mind while I was answering nature's call...ya know...where all the best thinking happens and it dawned on me. It would be cool to have an end of the year celebration for the community.

I don't know if this has been done before, but even if it never happens, what do you folks think?

Good Idea, or should I have flushed it down the toilet along with my essence?

DonJorginho

Banned
Me with all my Thread Of The Year Awards

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5f15af31465263000625ce08%2F0x0.jpg

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Why restrict the categories

CUNT of the Year?

Jim Ryan's biggest fan? Sponsored by Ewing Oil

Bobby Kotick award for "worst behaviour by a poster that didn't lead to removal"?

Green Rat of the Year? Sponsored by Kretos' Dildos

Virtue Signaling thread of the Year?

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Vote:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Reee buyout was some comedy gold as well.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next-level-lames™-resetera-sold-to-m-o-b-a-network-for-usd-4-55-million.1621017/

But this one was an absolute legendary thread. I was rolling about at some of the submissions.

bitbydeath

I don’t think this thread can be topped.
Over 16,000 posts in just 5 months!

Narasumas

My vote.

I forgot he included the “if your mom was fucked by one man only don’t delete this thread” line. I mean that’s pure gold.

Mozzarella

Hard to remember all the threads, but if there was one then the only contenders should be the ones that do something, that do some work and effort like make a research on a list of recommendations, like a list of rpg games with details about each game and small synopsis and pictures, comparisons and all that, something that you can bookmark, go back later and find it useful.
Or maybe some threads that spark great discussions but i think most of those already happened?
Or something that connects others, posts and encourage creative work.. idk. It seems like a hard idea to implement, maybe in a much bigger community you can do that, in a forum with 10K+ active users.

tmlDan

My vote.

That and the Kojima/Silent Hill/ BlueBox/Hasan thread

Top Bottom