• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Dead Island 2 FLESH System Procedurally Breaks Skin And Bones

Deerock71

Turkey Dancing GIF

Ceadeus

It's gonna be so much better than Dying Light 2. I literally just finished a session of DL2, played like 15 minutes before feeling depressed. The night section of the game is the worst, you can't see shit, the game is too difficult for bad reasons.

I trust deep silver, the game looks light hearted and fun. I've actually pre ordered the Hell A version for support.

Warablo

How come more melee focused games don't come out with separate buttons for horizontal and vertical slashes and attacks? Or even blunt bashes and stabs?

Last edited:

EDMIX

Hope this one is a good game.
Already have it from an AMD bundle.

Building a new gaming PC for my sister and was thinking about getting a RX 7900 from XFX (respect to em with that life time warranty back in the day, bought 2 5770s when they first came out in 2009 and in 2019 one of em finally died and XFX sent me one within a week lol)

I'm hoping to get some of them digital bundles to play this game lol

Puscifer

Gold Member
Building a new gaming PC for my sister and was thinking about getting a RX 7900 from XFX (respect to em with that life time warranty back in the day, bought 2 5770s when they first came out in 2009 and in 2019 one of em finally died and XFX sent me one within a week lol)

I'm hoping to get some of them digital bundles to play this game lol
If you get one I have a spare. I decided on a 4080 since I decided I'm basically done with "new" gaming after this gen and wanted to go all out on a GPU I'd never purchase.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Looks awesome. I didn't like the first game too much, but I had only played it mostly solo years ago.

This one has my interest.

Also, those movie poster variations behind them are awesome.

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
And people think I'm weird for liking jiggle physics and the sweat dirt buildup in DoA...
Day 1 for this baby, loved the last two games back in the day. Still surprised this game managed to escape development hell, wish the team all the best.

Bartski

Gold Member
What I was afraid of the most - all gameplay trailers had this absolutely awful hud disabled, where the game is likely designed to be played with it and those damn flying damage numbers.

I'm getting it anyway.

Denton

Soldier of Fortune finally getting a spiritual successor.

What I was afraid of the most - all gameplay trailers had this absolutely awful hud disabled, where the game is likely designed to be played with it and those damn flying damage numbers.

99% probability HUD will be customizable. I will definitely disable those numbers as I do in every game.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Looks like it takes ridiculous amounts of damage to kill anything.

Guess it's staying true to the first game, since headshots meant jack and melee was pretty much useless.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dead Island 2 has been rated M (Mature) by the ESRB for featuring blood and gore, intense violence, strong language, suggestive themes, and use of drugs. It's almost as if the developers took the list of things that might earn their game an M rating and treated it as a checklist. The rating summary provides more details as to why the game earned this rating, outlining the gameplay of Dead Island 2 and providing some examples - things like using unconventional weapons such as car batteries to kill zombies as well as massive blood spatter, dismemberment, and even providing some examples of obscenity-laden dialogue.

GymWolf

After ds remake, another great gore system on the horizon.

This is gonna wash the sour taste that dl2 left on me.

Preordered PS5 version for 54€. It‘s a steal and I loved DI1 and the gore system looks great. Just hope I‘ll be able to play through it until Tears of the Kingdom releases.

Top Bottom