• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you convince your Mom to let you play games? (or parents)

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
German Hops German Hops

Bro... start applying to better jobs and get your own place. Don't worry about games. You're 23, why is your mom paying for your FF sub?

Get your dick wet dude. Games will always be there. Early 20s poon will not. Enjoy it all while you can
Fantastik Tuna?

More like, fantastic advice!
Appreciate that, bro bro.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
What is wrong with you (both), those deplorable videos should never be entertainment for anyone.

I'll play devil's advocate here: I think used educationally, or as a desensitization tool in certain professions (i.e. Soldiers, medical workers, mortuary workers, etc) it certainly has a utilitarian purpose and merit existing.

In the West as a whole, we're far too comfortable and take for granted how fucking GOOD the vast, vast majority of us have it. It's a side effect, or Streisand effect in a way, that a mass of well fed, well paid, adequate living space-having people will turn toward gore and violence as a form of thrill. Most of us growing up found traditional Horror cinema as an outlet for this, but in the information age, it became feasible to indulge those curiosities on real footage.

I'd say it's definitely a matter of bored people finding morbid curiosity for lack of m/any comparable real life scenarios. This also tends to breed the 4Chan rekt compilations and reddit necro edgelords, and watching for THOSE reasons is kind of...uh...weird. but...

On topic, my parents were always chill with me gaming.

German Hops German Hops

Bro... start applying to better jobs and get your own place. Don't worry about games. You're 23, why is your mom paying for your FF sub?

Get your dick wet dude. Games will always be there. Early 20s poon will not. Enjoy it all while you can.
Stfu bitch. Semper games.

Personally I tell my mummy and daddy that I need a MSI Geforce RTX FramerapistXL graphics card for schoolwork and they don't really question it

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Dont live with my mum anymore but back in the day it wasnt a problem anyway, in my teens I used to bust Medal of Honor, Socom, Halo 2-3, cod and Guild Wars with my real gaming OGs and we was loud as fuck giving it the bigun. My my mum was just happy I wernt like some of the other mandem out sniffing heavily cut yayo off some cunts bald head, she used to buy my drink for me at the weekend just knowing id game and drink, go to the football on Sat/sunday and thats it.

Maddux4164

What really chaps my ass, I’ll eat my lunch and my plate will SIT in my room, waiting on my mom to come get it.

Sometimes it’s sat there for 15-20 minutes before and it’s INFURIATING!!!!

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I tell my mom to shut up when she's talking to me.
Also I ask her Where my damn lunch is and why it’s late today!

linkin park GIF

I'd just drop my grades in front of her, remind her I get straight As. Then I'd say, "videogames made me smarter because of all the reading and learning I needed to do to actually play them right. Schoolwork after that is nothing, you just have to stay interested and not ignore it all."

Top Bottom