• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How gaming become such a mess...

WitchHunter

Tell that to the dudes who keep spending cash in stuff like Diablo Immortal & Genshin Impact. This shit won't be thriving if some folks werent so addicted to levelling-up their characters/waifus. A huge reason why I just stick to well made, fully developed single player games without that 'extra content' BS. Corporations just capitalize off people's propensity to spend on shit.
More games for the 40+ connoisseurs.

AngelMuffin

I don’t mind loot boxes or anything else like it since I don’t typically partake. Just devs adding other revenue streams since game prices have remained static for the last 15 years or so while game game development costs have increased. We’re just now at a point where some have games have reached the $69 mark. Remember paying $69 for N64 games in 1997 or $39 for NES games in the late 80s? Both would be well above $100 given inflation.

when any industry goes from being run by an imaginative enthusiast (like steve jobs) to an unimaginative bean-counter (like tim cook), this will happen. & it eventually happens to all successful industries...

Top Bottom