• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How I Met Your Father renewed for 2nd season

Xenon

"Hulu has renewed its comedy How I Met Your Father, starring Hilary Duff as Sophie, for a second season. Season two will comprise 20 episodes — double the count for the current season. The pickup of the 20th Television series from This Is Us showrunners Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger comes midway through season one."

The first 3 episodes are pretty bad but once you power through them it gets better. Still not even close to the original. The biggest problem is the cast, while ok on their own, has almost no group chemistry. Everything comes across as they are trying to hard. But with each episode I see improvement so Im in for now.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Loved the original, and I like Hilary Duff.
But yeah the cast just doesn't stand out.
Like most modern shows and things like this
They just can't seem to find the right people.
It's almost as if they use to cast people based on their talent and charisma and how they much chemistry they have with the other cast members 🤔

Doom85

Haven’t watched it, but a Youtuber I follow said he felt the show has started to improve after the first few rough episodes.

Also if this series reaches its conclusion, it would have to pull a miracle to make an ending worse than what the original series had. HIMYM’s ending has to be one of the most baffling middle fingers ever. It wasn’t even like, “oh, the writers wrote themselves in a corner” or some shit as it felt like everything was wrapping up okay, but then the conclusion comes and so much character progression gets undone at rapid speed.

Xenon

Loved the original, and I like Hilary Duff.
But yeah the cast just doesn't stand out.
Like most modern shows and things like this
They just can't seem to find the right people.
It's almost as if they use to cast people based on their talent and charisma and how they much chemistry they have with the other cast members 🤔

Yeah it real does feel like they went for the Star Trek bridge crew with the cast. It really makes it hard to see them as a group, it really lacks that core friendship that the original series had.

Top Bottom