• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How long do you think it will be until game pass is on PlayStation?

tumblr_inline_om60pjU5wf1qzaykg_500.gif

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

HighPoly

Banned
I don't really know if we'll see gamepass on PS5. But I really think we're gonna see a kind of their own gamepass, from Sony??? I think the last thing we need is a Triple AAA day one feature.

Loomy

I don't really know if we'll see gamepass on PS5. But I really think we're gonna see a kind of their own gamepass, from Sony??? I think the last thing we need is a Triple AAA day one feature.
Sony has "kind of their own gamepass" with the multiple tiers of PS+ that they have right now. They just don't have day 1 releases for first party games. And based on what we've learned about how Gamepass is affecting game sales from Microsoft themselves, I don't see Sony doing that anytime soon.

Holammer

Sony or Nintendo don't have the Trillion Dollar Company money to offer a Game Pass service like MS does.
Microsoft is bleeding out of its ass in a brute force attempt to grab market share.

If Daniel read the wall like OP, the Jews would still be toiling away in Babylon.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
if gamepass is on playstation, i can guarantee 100%, Microsoft is going to earn big bucks and Sony is going to pull majority of the players from Xbox to their ecosysten.

TLZ

Banned
Never. But.....

If I can have Game Pass on PS, what do I need an Xbox console for? It's the only reason I have an XSX now. Maybe that's the point MS are making? Like all their other services, they want the Game Pass service on everything and therefore no need Xbox? It'll just be MS Game Pass. Like MS Windows, Office, etc.

//DEVIL//

IF game pass was only based on MS exclusive games that will never see the light on PS, like Forza or Halo or Gears, then I would have say there would be home one day that will happen. but seeing third-party games on a Game pass that Sony makes a profit when they have the same game on their store and sell them... then I would say never gonna happen.

PlayerNumber0ne

Neo Member
I mean the writing is on the wall with the Nintendo deal and where Microsoft wants to take the Xbox gamepass brand. How long do you think it will take for Sony to bite the bullet?

I think Sony needs to stop being anti-gamer and let PlayStation users have the option to have it.
Maybe if MS allowed sony to put PlayStation Plus on Xbox… so what do you think how long it will take for MS to bite the bullet?

Maddoxswe

Seriously why would we need it on PlayStation ? It’s an overrated service with old AAA and new indie titles. As a see it ps+ extra does that and in a way better.

If I like fps games or racing games I just buy a Xbox or play them on pc.

And no I’m not a fanboy, I don’t own a Xbox right now ( sold it because the lack of new games ) but I have GP on pc. It’s been several months since I even downloaded a new game there. So when the subscription ending next year I will probably not renew it.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
I mean the writing is on the wall with the Nintendo deal and where Microsoft wants to take the Xbox gamepass brand. How long do you think it will take for Sony to bite the bullet?

I think Sony needs to stop being anti-gamer and let PlayStation users have the option to have it.
You are Phil Spencer and I claim my five founds.

John Wick

What a dumb take. Is Gamepass on Switch?
Why would Sony Allow GP on PlayStation?

Azurro

Banned
You mean, full fledged GamePass? It will happen the day Sony decides they don't want to make profit from gaming anymore, easy, any day now.

yurinka

I think Gamepass will never be on PS and Nintendo unless regulators force Sony and Nintendo to allow 3rd party stores on their consoles, which I think will never happen. Both Sony and Nintendo have more successful and profitable game subscriptions on their consoles, and I don't see any reason for them to allow MS having GP there, specially with non-MS games.

I think that before that, what we'll see is MS completing their Sega-like transition to becoming a full multiplatform 3rd party publisher leaving their console hardware business and focusing their console games business on selling games on rival consoles instead, and focus instead their gaming business on mobile and PC, specially on GP and GaaS/microtransactions.

Microsoft has said that they want there games on every platform.
Well both play dirty, so they are a match made in heaven.
If this is true why doesn't MS release Starfield, Elder Scrolls VI, Forza, Halo etc. on PS and Switch? And why they offered a first 3 years and now 10 years CoD deal instead of doing like Sony with Bungie and to say that all future Bethesda, ABK games will continue being full multiplatform forever?

MS bought big multiplatform publishers, devs and IPs to make them exclusive. Sony didn't, they kept Bungie multi and the other devs they bought recently already mostly worked for them exclusively or are only small or support teams with no big IPs at least on rival consoles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom