• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How long until this fellas becomes a meal?

He must play a Beast Master in World of Warcraft.

On a serious note - I give him another year till the 🐻 gets his Instincts kicked in. It already happened to other so called "Animal Whisperers" one comes in mind is Timothy. Who got mauled and eaten alive a couple years back at a national park.

What's your opinion on people who are obsessed with dangerous wild animals ?

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
It's all fun and games now, but the second he runs out of honey:

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

Ionian

You are asking for trouble when keeping animals of this size.

Don't search for it but there was a chimp kept as a pet and it turned into a real life Mason Verger situation.

I remember that is NSFL.

There's another that kept a hippo.

Hippo killed him.

'Here's my friendly hippo!' Dead.

Liljagare

Stupid is as stupid does.

Luckily, very few people have been killed by bears in captivity. But I do remember this one accident where the bear wanted to snuggle a friend of the owner of the bear, slit artery followed.

dr_octagon

Banned
I remember that is NSFL.

There's another that kept a hippo.

Hippo killed him.

'Here's my friendly hippo!' Dead.
Someone said hippos have trash compactors for mouths. They run fast, protected by fat, produce pink milk, can swim and known for killing humans.

Don't fuck around with them.

On a serious note - I give him another year till the 🐻 gets his Instincts kicked in. It already happened to other so called "Animal Whisperers" one comes in mind is Timothy. Who got mauled and eaten alive a couple years back at a national park.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell
That happened more than "a couple years back", it was back in 2003 when Timothy and his girlfriend became bear food. I have always said the same thing about situations like these. At the end of the day they're wild animals, they can never truly be tamed. Not even by their masters.

Before:

Animated GIF

After:

nicholas cage bear GIF
I believe the man in the first image actually lives close to bears. I remember watching a Youtube video where he feeds them and a American black bear casually strolls into his house.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
There was a woman who actively used to feed a salt water crocodile close to where I live when I’m with my Aus family. She was warned about it, but was a bit of a swivel eyed loon. It eventually ripped her arm off.

Only people with some kind of serious mental health issues seek to treat dangerous animals like they’re harmless.

Tams

It really depends. If raised from a very young age, most wild animals can be tamed pretty well (not domesticated - that takes many generations of selective breeding).

One of the best examples is Wojtek.

Of course, they are still wild animals and have little sense of it they are doing harm or not. And the big and/or powerful ones can of course kill people. A lot also, as with humans, lies with their natural temperament.

Jinzo Prime

Yeah, saw this video years ago, bear was raised in captivity and rescued by this guy and his wife. They are a real rescue based in New York. Still dangerous to interact with a bear like that imho.

MastaKiiLA

He must play a Beast Master in World of Warcraft.

What's your opinion on people who are obsessed with dangerous wild animals ?

He died how he lived, in the embrace of a wild fucking animal.

thefool

Some people wreck their lives in vices, others have wholesome bonds with wild animals. They both stupid but I kinda understand the latter.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Lol sometimes people are so dumb it is beyond astonishing
Even worse, for any idiot who does dumb shit getting in trouble the gov and taxpayers have to cover their asses. I've seen and read my share of base jumpers dying (there's one crazy video of a base jumper screaming down like superman and banging into a bridge (which an article says his leg literally ripped off from his boy). End of the day, the city surely wasted resources trying to find the guy.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Bears are patient. They can wait until the time is right.

Top Bottom