• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many cups of coffee do you drink per day?

How many cups of coffee do you drink per day (8oz)?

Votes: 86 31.2%
  • 1-2

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • 3-4

Votes: 60 21.7%
  • 5-6

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • 7+

Votes: 14 5.1%

• Total voters

Kev Kev

Saw the Coffee Thread and got curious about how much of a coffee whore I am compared to you Gaffers. I would have just asked in there but I want to see an actual vote tally.

Also, how do you take it? I drink black so I never feel bad making another cup/pot of coffee, since I'm not piling sugar and cream on top of it. However I imagine if I did take sweetener, I would probably cut back a bit on the coffee intake. So how you take it kind of matters, I think.

But I will always drink 2 in the morning, then usually another 2 in the early afternoon, and depending on how my day is going I may make another one or two in the late afternoon/early evening. so 5-6 for me... typically. Some days I just do my 2 in the morning and that's it, but that's rare these days tbh.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I started measuring out 35 grams of Folgers coffee grounds every morning. I drink that in 2 cups.

I was planning to reduce it by 1 gram every 2 weeks to slowly taper off, but I’ve held at 35 grams for a couple months.

SpiceRacz

3- 4 on average, but not unusual to have 5 or 6 in a day. Usually drink it black or with heavy cream & stevia. I'm trying to limit myself to 2 a day. I find I don't crash as hard or at all if I drink less.

lachesis

1 in the morning, but it's about the double espresso shot... so not sure if it counts 2.
Sometimes I have another one in the afternoon, but not that often.

Kev Kev

Maybe 2-3 a month, maybe less. Coffee is bad for your health. It's also miscoloring your teeth.
coffee is good for you
1f2608679b48668749e5491ba5e9f339.jpg

Thaedolus

Gold Member
3-4 most mornings, sometimes one around noon (usually just on the weekends). I got a Gaggia Brera a little over a year ago, just too easy to hit a button for Americanos with a nice frothy crema on top, or just a nice shot of espresso. Kind of a pain to keep clean and descaling takes like an hour every month though.

Last edited:

Dural

Maybe 2-3 a month, maybe less. Coffee is bad for your health. It's also miscoloring your teeth.

There have been many studies that say exactly the opposite. Coffee is an antioxidant, and in most peoples diets the #1 antioxidant they get.

Late last year, researchers at the University of Southampton in the U.K. found people who drink three or four cups of coffee every day could significantly reduce their chances of early death.

I drink 3-4 cups a day, I have a coffee maker in my office and grind the beans everyday so it's more fresh. In the summer I'll usually switch over to cold brew that I make at home and leave in the fridge.

Fbh

Between 3-4
Usually 1 in the morning with breakfast, 1 in the "mid moring" at around 10 or 11, one after lunch. And then sometimes one in the early evening.

Great thread OP.

I have the equivalent of about 1.5 or 2 cups in the morning, and another cup mid-afternoon. I like coffee equally for the caffeine but maybe even more for the taste/craft of how it's made.

I buy beans and grind them every time I want to make coffee, with an electric grinder. (I still have a manual Burr grinder somewhere, but I felt like the grind was uneven, and it was overall more work than I wanted to put in.) When I buy beans, I usually go for either medium or light roasts -- I find the flavor of dark roasts to be too aggressive for my own tastes.

I usually make coffee either with a French press, or using a standard old school Italian stovetop espresso maker. For the longest time, I drank it black (no milk, no sugar) but then I once dated this girl who introduced me to standalone milk frothers, and that shit changed my life 😂 I now often will drink the coffee latte style; usually just milk, but if I want some sweetness I will add a drop of honey to the milk before frothing it.

I realize that rambling wall of text probably belongs in the coffee thread, not here 😂 Oh well, c'est la vie...

Dark Star

I like having a cup after breakfast

and I'll definitely have a cup of tea after dinner

occasionally I'll have a coffee after lunch if I'm out and about, like on the weekend

so 1-2

Kev Kev

Define “cup”? An American cup of coffee is usually quite more than the average Italian cup of coffee.

I rarely have more than 3 Italian cups a day, which should be between 250 and 300ml. Usually one or two, and I don’t drink coffee every day.
yeah i thought about that too. i looked up standard cup of coffee and 8oz was most common, so thats what the poll is asking. i actually drink more like a 12oz cup myself, but i didnt want to get too wordy with the poll. so for me, whether its 8 or 12 i just look at it as 1 cup.

and for international gaffers:

cTBABGq.png

Last edited:

TheZink

I’m actually on day four of quitting cold
turkey.

Day one: Horrible headache from the moment I woke up until I went to sleep

Days Two and Three: not bad at all. This is easy

Day Four: I’m so tired. Also can’t seem to think straight.

Hopefully I’m close to the end.

Last edited:

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Mostly 1 cup but sometimes 2 when im at the office. I guess the size im talking about would be a small if you order from a coffee shop.

When im home, i use my tall mug to drink coffee.... dont know if thats considered 2 cups but thats 1 to me..

Always sraight black

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I’m actually on day four of quitting cold
turkey.

Day one: Horrible headache from the moment I went up until I went to sleep

Days Two and Three: not bad at all. This is easy

Day Four: I’m so tired. Also can’t seem to think straight.

Hopefully I’m close to the end.
godspeed my friend

coffee is like a pre-req for gaming for me these days. doesnt feel right without one

GeekyDad

Two tall cups, evaporated milk and raw sugar each morning (light on both). It's one of my favorite times of day. I get up two hours before I have to get ready for work just to enjoy it while I peruse the Internets and such.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
yeah i thought about that too. i looked up standard cup of coffee and 8oz was most common, so thats what the poll is asking. i actually drink more like a 12oz cup myself, but i didnt want to get too wordy with the poll. so for me, whether its 8 or 12 i just look at it as 1 cup.

and for international gaffers:

cTBABGq.png
Alright. For science’s sake, I went and measured how much water is needed for a 1-cup moka.

Turns out it’s little more than 50 ml. Must be 65 ml tops. My 2-cup moka holds almost exactly twice as much, as expected. I think the smallest serving from a Nespresso machine should be around 70 ml.

So I guess the average 8-oz cup is almost 4 Italian cups :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
btw if you’re trying to cut back, try getting some intense cardio in when you wake up. Honestly I don’t need coffee in the morning when I’ve hit the gym, it’s usually just habit and enjoyment of the ritual while I do important shit posting on GAF. Also usually makes me poop, which I always try to do before I shower in the morning.

btw if you’re trying to cut back, try getting some intense cardio in when you wake up. Honestly I don’t need coffee in the morning when I’ve hit the gym, it’s usually just habit and enjoyment of the ritual while I do important shit posting on GAF. Also usually makes me poop, which I always try to do before I shower in the morning.
PREACH.

The second the weather starts improving in the early/mid Spring, I switch my running to the morning. The level of alertness, the endorphins from the exercise, and the faster metabolism all contribute to a great day.

When I exercise in the morning, I don't drink hot coffee, I usually drink either iced coffee or cold brew.

Top Bottom