• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many cups of coffee do you drink per day?

How many cups of coffee do you drink per day (8oz)?

Votes: 86 31.2%
  • 1-2

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • 3-4

Votes: 60 21.7%
  • 5-6

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • 7+

Votes: 14 5.1%

• Total voters

thefool

Two espresso’s. One in the morning, one after lunch. A third one on special occasions only.

Last edited:

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Way more than I used to ever since my daughter was born. On my 3rd today already and it's not even 8am. Weeeeeeeee!

Raven117

Gold Member
I mean....the coffee pot says about 4-5. But that only ends up being about 2 cups or so.

But around there during the week. Slower weekends, a bit more.

I have one upon waking and one after lunch. On days when I could really use an extra cup (like today) and have one, I end up wired and tired

how-to-wake-up-early-caffeine-skeleton.png

Last edited:

Lasha

I usually take an ice black coffee with breakfast and a hot black coffee in the evening. I drink oolong tea for the rest of the day.

Dural

I can't handle powder creamer. I want the liquid.

Coffee mate is the only powder creamer I like, all the other brands just don't taste as good. I've also bought the big box of half n half liquid creamers from Sams Club but they just don't last as long and cost more, my wife gets the International Delight french vanilla for her work. Both those containers of Coffee Mate in that pic are empty, been drinking it black the last couple days.

YCoCg

*laughs in caffeine addiction*

I have withdrawal headaches if I go more than two days without. It stems from working 12 hour shifts for years and getting hooked on energy drinks, eventually moving over to coffee.

YukiOnna

1 black w/ no sugar. A couple of years back when I had back to back 3 hour morning classes and didn't have a chance to eat, I'd just grab a black Iced Coffee and spam it to keep myself awake.

i don't really like coffee. last time i had any was probably about 5 years ago.

ask me how many bottles of beear i drink per day. that's a totally different answer.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
It's rare I drink coffee these days.

I always drank a lot of coffee before, then two years or so ago, I had a few days when I didn't drink anything and I got those atrocious caffeine headaches that usually come when you are caffeine addicted. It made me question how much this affected me and eventually I cut it out. I feel completely different now during the day, a lot more focused and clearheaded.

It really sucked in the first week or two, when you work in front of a computer, and always have that morning coffee, it feels off and you have no energy. You associate coffee with computer work in a way, and one without the other feels wrong. It can be the same thing with energy drinks. Then eventually your body gets used to it, and it's no issue, now I am able to work on stuff when I get home without getting that lazy and tired feeling that makes things feel like homework.

It's rare I drink coffee these days.

I always drank a lot of coffee before, then two years or so ago, I had a few days when I didn't drink anything and I got those atrocious caffeine headaches that usually come when you are caffeine addicted. It made me question how much this affected me and eventually I cut it out. I feel completely different now during the day, a lot more focused and clearheaded.

It really sucked in the first week or two, when you work in front of a computer, and always have that morning coffee, it feels off and you have no energy. You associate coffee with computer work in a way, and one without the other feels wrong. It can be the same thing with energy drinks. Then eventually your body gets used to it, and it's no issue, now I am able to work on stuff when I get home without getting that lazy and tired feeling that makes things feel like homework.

Association is something that doesn't get talked enough about. The brain is always making connections between things to reduce its load. Subconsciously you're associating coffee with work and subsequently anxiety and stress. This is also why its a good idea to have minimalism in places you spend a significant amount of time at such as the bedroom. Having your PC and phone in there is a bad idea, you never want to associate the place you sleep with work, gaming or checking emails/social media on your phone as soon as you wake up.

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Usually 2 or 3. I also have a side addiction to Full Throttle that is wrecking my sleep (it's an either or, I don't consume both in the same day).

poodaddy

Gold Member
So when I first answered this thread, I was at 3 to 4 a day, but I've gotten it down to 2 and I have decaf if I crave another cup. My stress levels were getting insane, and I could feel my heart beating really fast fairly often when I was drinking more coffee. Started to scare me lol.

Ya know what's crazy though? My father is 72 and still drinks a pot a day and is healthy as can be, he's a cancer survivor too. I don't know man, maybe I'm fine to drink more? My wife is studying diatetics, and she's managed to convince me that I drink far too much coffee -_-, but maybe I don't. I will say it was starting to heavily affect my sleep, and that's for sure. I sleep better and more consistently on time now just having two cups a day. I may still have three on days that I train, but I haven't been able to train for over a month as I've been recovering from a broken hand and it's pretty tough to lift in a cast. Got it off, good to start lifting light again, guess we'll see if I put my coffee back to three now. This is an interesting topic though, and I feel like this can change a lot over time. Don't know why it affects me so much more than my father when it didn't affect me much at all in my twenties. Strange stuff.

Top Bottom