• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many different types of gamers is there, and whixh one do you fit in?

I see a certain amount of gamer types, which are.
1. Old school. These are older guys who have been through a large number of generations, and continue to game as a hobby.
Generally they like Shooters, RPGs and Action games.

2. The kids. Your typical kid gamer. Spends most of his time on Fortnite, GTA, Minecraft and Roblox. They generally don't play single player games and everything is about playing with their mates in party chat.

3. The Bros. They are jocks who play the big franchises like COD, FIFA, Madden, GTA. They will commonly have sessions where their other Bros or room mates come around and play for hours while drinking beer and eating pizza.

4. The slightly damaged introvert. These are your typical younger generation who couldn't fit in with others, have no friends, go to comicon and think they are artists and read cartoons. Typically they were stupid clothing, black lipstick and are stupid woke.

5. The buisness man. These are the type who want to try and make a living gaming. They spend half their life streaming on twitch, discord and live on superchat donations. There is also a segment of hot chick's who are shit at gaming and stream wearing a top that pushes her tits out. Simps send them lots of money and they are all hoping to eventually make it in the industry. I'm looking at you Alana Pearce.

6. The competitiors. These are you high level e-sports guys who actually make a living from being good at gaming. Normally they are nerds with a touch of OCD.

7. And finally the freaks. These are your Reeeset types. They have an average at best interest on gaming. They found their way into an online forum where others with their same beliefs gather to spend most of their time in the Off Topic section talking about Trump, Abortion, Trans Rights, Crunch, Bobby Kotek and are always on a campaign to rid the industry of anyone who doesn't believe the way they do. Generally have no money, no job and are gaming on last generation consoles.

Did I miss any?
For the record, I'm an old school.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

I am a passionate gamer... I have my computational brain 🧠🖥️that can recognize more than 500 different video games and I know the wide universe of the video game.

My brain automatically listens to the slightest sound and I can recognize the exact point of a video game.

Plus I'm a Gravity Rush fan🥰❤️.

But you missed putting the Gamer who doesn't play popular video games, but rather goes in search of games that are difficult to buy or get and who likes out of the ordinary or niche video games... That would be me.

Last edited:

I am a passionate gamer... I have my computational brain 🧠🖥️that can recognize more than 500 different video games and I know the wide universe of the video game.

My brain automatically listens to the slightest sound and I can recognize the exact point of a video game.

Plus I'm a Gravity Rush fan🥰❤️.

But you missed putting the Gamer who doesn't play popular video games, but rather goes in search of games that are difficult to buy or get and who likes out of the ordinary or niche video games... That would be me.
Ah yes, the historical collector. He has all the consoles and collects every game for that console released. I missed that one. Good get.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Deffo old school. Probably not shooters but the other two definitely.

Spectrum 48k was my first ‘owned’ computer that lasted a couple of weeks before it broke. Swapped to a Commodore 64 and that was when it properly began in earnest.

Also collect a lot of stuff that I never use too.

Last edited:

Boss Man

There are only two types of gamers: real gamers and fake “gamers.” Whenever I see a kid at the airport playing mobile games on his mom’s ipad I can’t help but laugh as I imagine him trying to game on that tiny screen with no mouse and no keyboard. You’ll find me at the gate with my 4K MSI GTX 1090Ti gaming laptop with clicky cherry mx keys and a low latency wired mouse, drawing the electricity away from the seats around me and gaming for real with zero compromises. What passes as a “gamer” these days is sickening to me.

WVe5Dcb.jpg

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

I use to hang out at the arcade whenever I had the chance. I’d put my game reservations in protective sleeves. I can recall most of my game purchases since the SNES. I enjoy this hobby more than I ever have. I tend to stick with those three genres. RPGs and Action games (throw survival horror in there). I enjoy Half-Life, DOOM, and most classic shooters. A lot of my favorite games have been made in the last decade, so it’s really a mix of old and new school.

There’s also the RTS/MMO/simulation type. The kind who enjoy more of a strategy element to the games they play.

Top Bottom