• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many hours do you play games a week on average?

How many hours do you play games a week on average?

• Less than 5 hours

Votes: 47 14.6%
  • Between 5 and 10 hours

Votes: 99 30.7%
  • Between 10 and 20 hours

Votes: 96 29.8%
  • Between 20 and 40 hours

Votes: 63 19.6%
  • Full time job/ more than 40 hours

Votes: 17 5.3%

• Total voters

Freeman76

Married with 2 kids. I manage 20 to 40 hours a week. I work from home between 4 to 6 hours a day. My whole family play games a lot. Today I finished work at 10.30am and we decided to take a chill day and do nothing but game. Me and my wife will probably play Call of the Wild until we go to bed around 11om. I might jump on Diablo for a bit though to break it up. My son is 9, he is on Fortnite with his mates, and my daughter is 11 but she has a cold so is in bed playing Zelda.

A lot of people criticise spending too much time on games, but we are always talking about what we have been doing, and having loads of banter calling the kids noobs 🤣🤣🤣 we have a lot of fun around gaming and it definitely brings us together as a family.

flying_sq

Single, no kids 5-10 hours, maybe less. I spent way too much time in high school and 20s playing video games. I got more useful hobbies, this is rainy day kind of stuff for me, or the off chance I want to be lazy.

On that note, PSA: If you are in your twenties and this is your main hobby, stop. Find something else to do, it will be worth it.

Last edited:

JayK47

I'm lucky to get in 5 hours a week lately. With so many great games that just came out or will be coming out, I am going to be missing out.

Codes 208

I tend to stay away from home after work so that i can work on my animations in peace cause i onow the moment i get home its either game time or nap time

simpatico

Gold Member
2-10 hours depending on what's out. Almost always on weekend mornings. If there's a great new release that will spill over to weekend afternoons.

Last edited:

Markio128

Beat Saber has become a bit of an obsession for me recently - and it’s also a decent workout. I reckon I get in at least 30 minutes a day on average over a week. I probably get a good 10-15 hours a week of gaming in total on average, but it’ll likely be more over the next week or so due to FF16.

StereoVsn

Got two kids, so between spending time with them and my wife, only get 5-10 hours a week.

And I love long RPGs and Strategy games so it takes me forever to finish anything.

Chastten

Banned
Before Covid it had been probably less then 5 hours a week for quite a few years. Photography and other hobbies took up all my spare time.

Now, probably about 20-25 I guess? There are weeks where I game 40+ hours but also weeks where I hardly game at all, so 20-25 seems like a good guess.

Married with one kid. Around two hours a night. Sometimes more if I'm willing to sacrifice sleep for a great game. This half of the year is going to kill me...

Thank God Elden Ring DLC is looking like a 2024 release.

Olimbox

Neo Member
divorced living with my 3 kids. I manage to play 2 hours every evening when they go to bed. I can't complain but it's hard to play all the great games in the backlog :)

Top Bottom